• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Both Yozora endings are canon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hi, idk if anybody's made this theory yet. It really isn't even a theory as much as me spitballing while I suffer a migraine. If somebody did make this theory, you are awesome and kudos to you. Please let me have your brain.

We know that there are two endings to the Yozora battle. Either Sora wins and Yozora fades away or Yozora wins and Sora goes into crystal stasis like a l'Cie or something.

We know in the game's data that one ending is labeled the "true" ending, and I am hearing rumors that the novel goes with the bad ending with Sora being crystalized.

This got me thinking. With the existence of worldlines in the series, what if both endings are canon?

What if because both endings are canon, we will follow both storylines until they converge. If this is the case, what if worked like this:

Kairi is sleep and finds her way to Sora in the worldline where he wins.

Riku dreams and finds himself in the worldline where Sora loses.

Both experience their unique stories with finding/saving Sora.

Okay my migraine is getting worse so I'm stopping at that.

Please like and subscribe and also hit that little bell to get notified when I upload my next video. You are truly Norted. Okay, byeee~

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That's... actually pretty interesting. But you have to wonder: is the Final World a single entity where it doesn't exist in multiple Worldlines? Or does each Worldline have its own Final World?

Also:

I have a theory that Riku will be Kairi's Dream Eater the same way he was Sora's. What if Kairi experiences one ending while Riku experiences another because he's inside a dream inside a dream?

Another random thought: what if we experienced two different endings because, like it's suggested, Yozora may have two hearts inside of him and Yozora dreamt both possible outcomes, or rather, Yozora dreamt one while Not!Yozora dreamt another one?

YET ANOTHER RANDOM THOUGHT: Remember how part of kH3's Secret Ending was a dream of Riku? Well, what if what of the ReMIND endings is canon and the other was a dream? Whose dream could it be? Maybe Sora's, Yozora's Nameless Star's or even Kairi.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If both endings are canon that could be how Sora is playing the reapers game while technically being in Crystal stasis

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If both endings are canon that could be how Sora is playing the reapers game while technically being in Crystal stasis
Hear me out for a moment:

What if the dead can dream? Chirithy says that "The edges of sleep and death touch, and one can't help the occasional crossover". What if Sora dreamed his way into the Reapers' Game to get another chance in life? And what if Sora wining against Yozora is when he wins the Reapers' Game, gets revived and is more powerful and manages to outperform him? And what if both endings are true and happen at the same time because, in Yozora's reality, he experienced them both in a small interval of time.

---

Edit:

What if Joshua manages to help Sora out of his death because he established contact with him through his dreams?

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Man I love this, but in what worldline would Disney say "...OK sure, Tetsu, whatever"?

EDIT: Scratch that. The new Pixar movie is proof that anything beautifully crazy like that can happen ♡

D

Deleted member 252753

It's a good idea. There being an ending which has no canon existence seems odd for this series, in my view.

okhi12

Awards
I like all those possibilities.

That's... actually pretty interesting. But you have to wonder: is the Final World a single entity where it doesn't exist in multiple Worldlines? Or does each Worldline have its own Final World?
I think there's a single Final World, shared between all worldlines. The very edge of existence. A place between life, death and dreams, where all realities converge. Kinda the opposite of Scala ad Caelum.

Scala, formerly Daybreak Town, is the nexus from which all worlds spring, the origin of the divergent worlds, and the starting point from where the different worldlines came to be (at least the worldlines from UX that we know of).

The Final World is the ending point, where those realities intertwine and converge. Beings from all those realities arrive there through dreams or before death if their hearts cling to existence, as it is the last frontier. Beyond it, existence fades away.

And both places, origin and end, seem to be heavily connected to Kingdom Hearts, origin and end of all hearts. That's no coincidence.
Two reflections of the two sides of the same heart-shaped moon, similar and different at the same time. Endless blue sea, white structures.

Just like Spockanort said, when different worldlines converge the two endings can be canon. Sora and Yozora met at the convergence point, the Final World.

Funny idea: Riku and Kairi each rescue a Sora, bring them back and we'll get two Soras, lol
That opens a new realm of possibilities. How many Soras, Roxases and Xions could we possibly have if multiple Soras become heartless and nobodies and Naminé scatters their memories allowing them to be absorbed by replicas?
That would make an unstoppable army of ''my-friends-are-my-clones-and-I'm-theirs''
To think that poor old man Xehanort had to fragment his heart in order to thirteenplicate himself...

Last edited:

OneDandelion

Awards
How can we make this series more complicated than time traveling forward and backwards hundreds/thousands of years between real worlds and virtual realities?

Time traveling forward and backwards hundreds/thousands of years between real worlds and virtual realities across multiple worldlines, naturally. Now that you say it, it seems so obvious

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Hi, idk if anybody's made this theory yet. It really isn't even a theory as much as me spitballing while I suffer a migraine. If somebody did make this theory, you are awesome and kudos to you. Please let me have your brain.

We know that there are two endings to the Yozora battle. Either Sora wins and Yozora fades away or Yozora wins and Sora goes into crystal stasis like a l'Cie or something.

We know in the game's data that the good Sora ending is labeled the "true" ending, and I am hearing rumors that the novel goes with the bad ending with Sora being crystalized.

This got me thinking. With the existence of worldlines in the series, what if both endings are canon?

What if because both endings are canon, we will follow both storylines until they converge. If this is the case, what if worked like this:

Please like and subscribe and also hit that little bell to get notified when I upload my next video. You are truly Norted. Okay, byeee~
I think there is some possibility to this. Remember that depending on which ending it is, the other character is saying the opening words of KH1. Perhaps there is more to what is said in the KH1 intro than we thought. We're meant to think it's about Sora going to the Station of Awakening etc. But what if Sora was experiencing more? The intro of KH1 shows him seeing himself falling from the sky, which was probably metaphorical/symbolic back then, but Nomura may be giving it meaning now? Just like when we see the hundreds of Sora's running around Traverse Town in KH3D. Maybe the role of "Sora" is meant to exist in the worldlines, but the person that fills it depends on the events of that worldline? That would also explain the Nameless Star being a "Sora".

SweetYetSalty

Awards

We know in the game's data that the good Sora ending is labeled the "true" ending, and I am hearing rumors that the novel goes with the bad ending with Sora being crystalized.

I wonder if this will lead to two Soras. Anyway I've always figured that both endings have some truth canon to them. Like the Luxord/driver thing should still apply in either ending. I guess if Sora is a l'Cie remains to be seen, but if there is a rescue mission for him then it makes sense for him to be out of action in someway.

Edit: Lol, everyone already predicted two Soras thing.

Last edited:

SuperNova

Awards
If the Final World is the crossroads between dreams, life, and death, then maybe if Sora really did die, that Kairi going after him in the Good Ending Worldline is to retrieve his spirit/heart and Riku going into the Bad Ending Wordline to retrieve his crystallized body..

Maybe Yozora put Sora on ice to prevent him from fading completely so that his boyfriend and girlfriend could put him back together.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think there's a single Final World, shared between all worldlines. The very edge of existence. A place between life, death and dreams, where all realities converge. Kinda the opposite of Scala ad Caelum.
Interesting. It makes sense. It would be weird to have a world where the death go to and have several versions of it haha.

Scala, formerly Daybreak Town, is the nexus from which all worlds spring, the origin of the divergent worlds, and the starting point from where the different worldlines came to be (at least the worldlines from UX that we know of).
This makes sense too. It would explain why there are few Keyblade Wielders in our Worldline: all of the wielders go to different Worldines.

The Final World is the ending point, where those realities intertwine and converge. Beings from all those realities arrive there through dreams or before death if their hearts cling to existence, as it is the last frontier. Beyond it, existence fades away.

And both places, origin and end, seem to be heavily connected to Kingdom Hearts, origin and end of all hearts. That's no coincidence.
Two reflections of the two sides of the same heart-shaped moon, similar and different at the same time. Endless blue sea, white structures.
So your proposition is basically this:

Unknown.png
Scala is at the center of the Worldlines;
The Worldlines are represented by the circles;
The lines between Scala and the circles is how Scala serves as a bridge for the Worldlines;
And the blue lines between the circles and the Final World represents how denizens of each Worldline all depart to the same Final World.

I'd like to propose that, perhaps, what Kingdom Hearts does is stay with the person's heart, cleanse it and breath in new life into it, while the person that died turns into a Star. In other words: you die, Kingdom Hearts uses your heart for a new life and your sense of self is turned into a Star in the Final World.

Just like Spockanort said, when different worldlines converge the two endings can be canon. Sora and Yozora met at the convergence point, the Final World.
So we can pretty much say that Sora is from a Worldline while Yozora is from another and they met because they were at the Final World?

That opens a new realm of possibilities. How many Soras, Roxases and Xions could we possibly have if multiple Soras become heartless and nobodies and Naminé scatters their memories allowing them to be absorbed by replicas?
That would make an unstoppable army of ''my-friends-are-my-clones-and-I'm-theirs''
To think that poor old man Xehanort had to fragment his heart in order to thirteenplicate himself...
haha, yeah. But I wonder what rules will Nomura think of in order to limit this Multiverse idea.

How can we make this series more complicated than time traveling forward and backwards hundreds/thousands of years between real worlds and virtual realities?

Time traveling forward and backwards hundreds/thousands of years between real worlds and virtual realities across multiple worldlines, naturally. Now that you say it, it seems so obvious
We've got time travel, guess it's time for spatial travel, ahah

I think there is some possibility to this. Remember that depending on which ending it is, the other character is saying the opening words of KH1. Perhaps there is more to what is said in the KH1 intro than we thought. We're meant to think it's about Sora going to the Station of Awakening etc. But what if Sora was experiencing more? The intro of KH1 shows him seeing himself falling from the sky, which was probably metaphorical/symbolic back then, but Nomura may be giving it meaning now? Just like when we see the hundreds of Sora's running around Traverse Town in KH3D. Maybe the role of "Sora" is meant to exist in the worldlines, but the person that fills it depends on the events of that worldline? That would also explain the Nameless Star being a "Sora".
Sora being a necessity for every Worldline is a weird thing I can see happening. What if every Worldline needs a Sora in order for it to survive? What if Luxord's role in jumping from Yozora's world to Sora's was in order to find that Worldline's Sora because they don't have a Sora?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If the Final World is the crossroads between dreams, life, and death, then maybe if Sora really did die, that Kairi going after him in the Good Ending Worldline is to retrieve his spirit/heart and Riku going into the Bad Ending Wordline to retrieve his crystallized body..

Maybe Yozora put Sora on ice to prevent him from fading completely so that his boyfriend and girlfriend could put him back together.
Or maybe icing Sora was part of Yozora's trial to return to his world. I'm sure someone must have had that theory. As Yozora immediately tells Sora he'll save him after turning him into a crystal. Then again he returns even after losing. I have no idea how this half of KH will play out.

Cumguardian69

Awards
What if the true ending (Sora win) is achieved because Sora used the power of asspulls to come back from his loss? After all, Chirithy says that Sora will lose his powers after getting poofed from the RoL, yet he still has his Keyblade with him when fighting Yozora.

Thoughts?

LoneFox

Awards
A worldline is what the Book of Prophecies says will happen. Because it doesn't say anything about what happens after the final prophecy, the word is meaningless now. That said, maybe Riku's dream has one ending and Yozora's the other. It is probably Ludor the Player showing it to both of them, and he may have a reason to make them different.

Also, I wouldn't put too much value on the word true. I'm not sure about this, because I don't know any Japanese, but it seems plausible to me that the same kind of magic which turns an ark into a lifeboat can also turn good to true, especially in a context that is not meant to be seen by the audience.

PStuder12321

So I'm late on this and jsut now playing the endings so I might have further to say in a day or two, HOWEVER. I think you amy be right as I have said many times elsewhere, I think KH4 and the sequel before it are moving towards a SRK direction. It could be that however I think it would be opposite, Kairi finds Sora where he loses in the crystal form and Kairi saves her in her sleep, opening up a possibility for Sora to return, where Riku finds sora in Yozoro where he won and they work together to get out fo there using a path that Kairi has made through her sleep, and then the three will end up meeting up, however one piece is missing, MoM. I am sure he will be getting involved as well, so Kairi will have to wake up and rejoin them to help them deal with Mom thus bringing all three together to fight MoM in a SRK for KH4. This is as much as I can say for now as Im jsut starting the boss battles (remember I had to go abck and level up more cause I was trying to do them at level 40 and was being royally crushed.) I will have more to say to add on or edit this once I beat all the boss battles.

okhi12

Awards
So your proposition is basically this:

View attachment 12614
Scala is at the center of the Worldlines;
The Worldlines are represented by the circles;
The lines between Scala and the circles is how Scala serves as a bridge for the Worldlines;
And the blue lines between the circles and the Final World represents how denizens of each Worldline all depart to the same Final World.
Yep, precisely.

Ansem: There is so much to learn, you understand so little...
Sora: That's not true! I know now, whithout a doubt. Kingdom Hearts... is a two-faced metaphysical linchpin of the universe where existence converges and diverges, marking both the beginning and end of all things!
Ansem: ... darkness. DARKNESS!!! DARKNESS WITHIN DARKNESS!!!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yep, precisely.

Ansem: There is so much to learn, you understand so little...
Sora: That's not true! I know now, whithout a doubt. Kingdom Hearts... is a two-faced metaphysical linchpin of the universe where existence converges and diverges, marking both the beginning and end of all things!
Ansem: ... darkness. DARKNESS!!! DARKNESS WITHIN DARKNESS!!!
I mean, it's not that complicated when you look at it as:
- Scala ad Caelum serves as a bridge to multiple universes
-- You can select which universe you wanna go to
--- When you die in an universe, your heart goes to a singular Kingdom Hearts and your will of existence to a singular Final World

it's a bit hard to process, but as KH fans, we're used to that, haha

PStuder12321

I mean, it's not that complicated when you look at it as:
- Scala ad Caelum serves as a bridge to multiple universes
-- You can select which universe you wanna go to
--- When you die in an universe, your heart goes to a singular Kingdom Hearts and your will of existence to a singular Final World

it's a bit hard to process, but as KH fans, we're used to that, haha

Meaning, you can also go to the world of Yozoro feesably. Meaning, More to come in KH4? Game piece and how big of a game changer?

Back