• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Blaine is....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I was rewatching some blind LP's (it's a hobby) and they were watching Backcover.

Suddenly, something occurred to me. The Master of Master had a favorite mysterious student that he sent away to avoid the keyblade war and told him to "Do his thing" once everything was over. Luxu's role was to pass down his knowledge and keyblade to future wielders, as well as show the Master's eye everything so that he could see into the future.

I'm sure someone has suggested the idea before... but it only just came to me. Could it be... that Blaine is Luxu? Still a new character since we barely know anything about Luxu in the first place.

It kinda makes sense right? From what we've seen of Blaine so far. Pretty smart. Immediately comfortable in a place he shouldn't be. Curious kind of guy? A little bit of sass or weirdness... like the Master. And clearly the Master still had huge plans for the world after the war too. I dunno.

Coulddddd Blaine be Luxu? It suddenly makes a lot of sense to me. I don't have any strong supporting evidence though.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well with Blaine's name now being Brain, we definitely know he's smart. XD

As for the actual theory, I'm not sure. I mean it COULD be possible, but it depends on whether they'll have the same VA or not. Like with the theories of Blaine being a previously existing character, back then we didn't see his face because of his sprite so it was easy to make connections to other characters. But now that we've seen his face it's harder to make those connections because he doesn't look much like Braig, Ienzo, etc. Same with his eventual VA, if his voice sounds different from Luxu then we can't really see him as Luxu unless there's some weird body-snatching stuff going on or something.

I think Blaine knows more than he's letting on though. Maybe he could be working with Luxu?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, this is why the thought occurred to me. I honestly don't think he's Braig or Ienzo. But, if he shares a VA with Luxu, well, then the answer is obvious. But it will be a very long time before he we hear his voice no doubt.

I like this connection more than any connection to Inezo or Braig because it's still rooted in the past. If Blaine and Luxu are the same person, I think it can still be interesting. I want to know what was going on between Luxu and Ava too, what he told her.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
To me, it's a possibility, why not. Being intelligent, somewhat sassy but also chill, and so familiar around the Master's room, connections can be made between the two as well. I wouldn't be too mad if this was the case. Actually, I think I would be happy to know that Luxu, a character I really like, is such a handsome guy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But, if he shares a VA with Luxu, well, then the answer is obvious. But it will be a very long time before he we hear his voice no doubt.

Will we ever hear his voice, though? Blaine's voice? Could be he won't be a character in KH3 or anything, and thus he'll only exist within voiceless cutscenes in the Chi story. We got Back Cover for Luxu, sure, but the voice must come out of Blaine's current revealed pretty face for the connection to stll hold xD

End

Awards
I actually second this theory. I've been trying to connect him to another character due to his sheer mysteriousness and because they hide his face. We're clearly supposed to suspect something about him and Luxu gave me the same vibes. I really hope they're the same person because Luxu and Blaine are both so coooooooool!

I had a weird dream last night about him being somehow connected to Luxord but nah, that's dumb. I hereby commit to the theory of Blaine being connected to Luxu.

EDIT:
I mean even the way he greets the other new union leaders is odd. He seems to already know quite a lot.

EDIT 2:
and so familiar around the Master's room
^^^^^THIS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, we heard Ephemera's voice at the end of the original [Chi], so a random important voiced line isn't impossible.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
if this happens i’ll brow my blaines out

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Hmm... I can see this making sense.

Striletzia gets killed off on Luxu/Brain's request because she was going to tell the Player (who was not a Dandelion at the time) about things they weren't supposed to know. Luxu/Brain then gets Lauraim to kill her off. Problem is, they're one Forteller short... so why not have the person who was never given a Tome of Prophecy to fill that spot?

... now that I really come to think about it, it could also explain why Brain strolls into the Forteller room as if he's already familiar with the place.

End

Awards
Man I wish I made this thread when I thought of the theory, I want credit when it comes true XD

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
if this happens i’ll brow my blaines out

How dare u

And yes, that's why it suddenly started to make sense to me. Blaine kinda sorta seemed to know what's going on, but he was sketchy. He seems know just stroll around the Foretellers room with no problem. Doesn't he pitch the idea to make more dream eaters too?

DraceEmpressa

Awards
I

It kinda makes sense right? From what we've seen of Blaine so far. Pretty smart. Immediately comfortable in a place he shouldn't be. Curious kind of guy? A little bit of sass or weirdness... like the Master. And clearly the Master still had huge plans for the world after the war too. I dunno.

Gula also shows the traits I bolded. in order:
Pretty smart: He goes on and on blabbering about his own theory the second the Master give him the lost page. He is also cunning enough to trick Aced.
Immediately comfortable in places he shouldn't be: Everyone was tense during the war, even Invi is not exception but Gula remained to chill through the war.
Curious: The second the Master said the Chirithy is a Spirit, he commented "Spirit?" and walked closer to examine it further.
A little bit sass: Shown in the scene of Chirithy's creation, he goes up to roast Aced "No wonder you ended up as a bear. You're scary."

Blaine is Scottish for "tiny yellow" which sounds like Gula-it cannot be Ventus because Ventus is his own person already. I doubt Nomura would name any KH character in simple english. Besides, Gula is actually is as tall or a bit taller than children of the unions. When he is tiny by comparison of other foretellers, among other teens he would look normal height. This explain why someone in normal height like Blaine have a name means tiny.

Invi and Ava's line in Keyblade War sounds like a goodbye, when Gula's saying "maybe we'll met again" implying he did plan to survive. Maybe he did ?

Also, did anyone realized that the house where Strelitzia got killed looks like Gula's house where you visited with Skuld?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
How dare u

And yes, that's why it suddenly started to make sense to me. Blaine kinda sorta seemed to know what's going on, but he was sketchy. He seems know just stroll around the Foretellers room with no problem. Doesn't he pitch the idea to make more dream eaters too?
i was half kidding. i think your theory is swell, and plausible, but its totally absurd how out of control the non-canon mobile game’s plot has become.

Muke

whatever
Awards
i was half kidding. i think your theory is swell, and plausible, but its totally absurd how out of control the non-canon mobile game’s plot has become.
Except Union Cross has always been canon. IIt’s true that KH x was first not supposed to be canonical i. any way, but UX, the mobile game, was always canon (and so is x now)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Except Union Cross has always been canon. IIt’s true that KH x was first not supposed to be canonical i. any way, but UX, the mobile game, was always canon (and so is x now)
ux, uc, x, its all the same thing. ux and uc are derivative of x which wasnt meant to be canon so my point still stands.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Square Enix are really trying to force mobile games onto its consumers. The company has the most mobile games terminated in Japan so I'm not entirely surprised that they're trying to shove Union X down our throats for all it's worth. That, and the fact that it's a means to get a lot of fans distracted from Kingdom Hearts III news so making the Union X narrative canon and relevant to the larger Kingdom Hearts mythos accomplishes that.

To be fair, the real Maleficent being in the secret ending of X should have been the most obvious indicator that this entry was going to go into canon territory.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
To be fair, the real Maleficent being in the secret ending of X should have been the most obvious indicator that this entry was going to go into canon territory.
We've known it would be canon since 2.5's added cutscenes in Re:coded. Nomura even noted in an interview that he included the scene with Maleficent talking about the Book of Prophecies specifically to tell us that χ[chi] was indeed canon.

It's true that χ[chi] was originally billed as not-exactly-canon (probably), but Unchained χ/Union χ[Cross] never had that pretense.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
My problem is not really that [Chi] is canon. I mean, it's the story of the keyblade war. I expected it to detail a story of the past... and STAY in the past. Ven I can explain away, but Marly and other direct ties to the future are unpleasant. I've always wanted to know the story of the keyblade war, but not like this.

If Blaine is Luxu, then I'm fine with that. It's still contained in the past.

Since it is a mobile game, it was bound to end up this way. When it comes to mobile games, you have to constantly add on and change things to keep peoples interest. My rule of thumb is, when you run out of ideas, introduce pets. And here we are. They made it make some sense within the story, but the point still stands. I wish they had separated the "gameplay" from the actual story. Like, why can't the story section be reserved for actual important story missions, and all the filler be put somewhere else. Meh.

But anyway, that's besides the point.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My problem is not really that [Chi] is canon. I mean, it's the story of the keyblade war. I expected it to detail a story of the past... and STAY in the past. Ven I can explain away, but Marly and other direct ties to the future are unpleasant. I've always wanted to know the story of the keyblade war, but not like this.

If Blaine is Luxu, then I'm fine with that. It's still contained in the past.

Since it is a mobile game, it was bound to end up this way. When it comes to mobile games, you have to constantly add on and change things to keep peoples interest. My rule of thumb is, when you run out of ideas, introduce pets. And here we are. They made it make some sense within the story, but the point still stands. I wish they had separated the "gameplay" from the actual story. Like, why can't the story section be reserved for actual important story missions, and all the filler be put somewhere else. Meh.

But anyway, that's besides the point.

Full agreement.
Being canon is not a problem if it is either self-contained or connections are only superficially relevant to the present as a nice-to-have background knowledge.
Making it super-closely tied to the present and actually placing present-day characters in it is where it gets headache-inducing and, as many fans would say, "needlessly convoluted".

Even Ventus is more or less overdone I'd say.
Yes, his backstory was intentionally kept vague and teased somewhat.
Yes, the main villain did develop a certain interest for him and spoke openly about immense potential.

The thing is though, even if a direct connection between the X-era and Ventus is imperative somehow for the present time and his own backstory, it could have been designed in a more simple and coherent way.
A connection doesn't automatically mean that one has to be personally directly involved in an entirely different era.
The way it is presented right now places him directly in the past, involving time travel and reality-crossing mumbo-jumbo yet again no matter what will happen further down the line, breaking him off from the group of other already established present-day characters.

I admit, in a way the actions of constantly inflating the X-era's importance towards the presumed story of KH III and its finale makes it look like right now the setup and stories that happened in the "main" series are shoved aside in favor of it.
The Keyblade War and its consequences were once nothing but background lore for the motivation of the main villain and the premise was that he wants to unleash another war due to two primary reasons:
1. to satisfy his own curiosity and 2. because he wants to play god and recreate the universe.

Now it is a huge direct influence factor instead.
It looks like it is all destiny, preordained and set in stone since the ancient era of the War itself due to a weird prophecy book and a slimy eyeball embedded in a blade that makes the world's surveillance and intelligence services together look pale in comparison.
In the light of this, what does the given motivation of the main villain even mean? What do all the actions and adventures of all the present day characters (including Ventus) mean in context if everything is preset anyways?

---

Back to topic though,

I am personally hoping that Blaine is indeed an entirely original character standing for his own as by now I'm admittedly completely sick of the clones and/or different versions of the same characters, but I do find both the ideas of him "being" secretly Luxu or Gula intriguing.

This is mostly because both Luxu and Gula are more or less masked characters who we haven't seen unmasked yet and we know their current names were bestowed upon them by the Master of Memes, Ruler of the trolls.
Had they other names beforehand? Maybe one of them was Blaine and the character just went back to use it after the whole "Foreteller"-fiasco was over and done with? Shedding not only his robes and animal mask but also the name given to him?

Despite Browser-Chi "depicting" the Keyblade War itself we as the audience get only to witness its opening stages, the middle of the carnage from the Player Avatar's view and the aftermath when Ephemer and Skuld appear to the Player (which is unusual in itself as Player declined becoming a Dandelion and thus should not even survive or enter the place the Dandelions are supposed to head to after the war).
The actual climax of the war and the fates of the Foretellers are still a total mystery, although we get what may be a glimpse of the start of the aftermath in 0.2 with the single Luxu-scene, implying that there was indeed either a Kingdom Hearts summoned (what Gula intended to do by the end of Back Cover) or that at least yet another "false" or "forced" KH was created back then.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
What do all the actions and adventures of all the present day characters (including Ventus) mean in context if everything is preset anyways?
Because of how the Master's eye works, I would not call these events predestined. The Master's eye is carried into the future... in real time. More than that, the only things written into the Book of Prophecy are things that the Master's eye has witnessed.
Nobody wielding No Name has any sort of omniscience, and they don't always have the Keyblade out. Not even Luxu.
The Book of Prophecies can only be the vague half-truths we hear read from its pages, because the Master's eye can only see a series of fragmented events without context or multiple perspectives.

The Book of Prophecies, in truth, is not prophetic at all. It's a journal with a gimmick.

implying that there was indeed either a Kingdom Hearts summoned (what Gula intended to do by the end of Back Cover) or that at least yet another "false" or "forced" KH was created back then.
Not really "yet another;" we've seen that one before.
Kingdom_Hearts_03_KHBBS.png

It's pretty clear now that this is the Kingdom Hearts of Wieldersâ„¢
Thank God they explained this one 'cause it never made sense how Xehanort could summon THE Kingdom Hearts before forging the χ-blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back