• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory behind Sora's new 'dark' clothes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sepheroth1

i like your theory but think sora just like black close or he is getting more hardcore. like in jak and exter he wasnt very tough but got a whole new makeover iwth darker powers in jak2. another thing maybe tht sora's black close may have to do with the fact tht nearly every 1 in kh2 trailers r wearing black or dark colored close. maybe the theme of the game is more twords darkness or something like tht. dont mind me though its probaly a bad theory

soras_destiny55

~NGD OMEGA~ said:
I could see it, but I have to say that it doesn't seem likely. My theory is something along the lines of the time Sora stabbed himself with the dark keyblade. I think that now Sora's heart has been exposed to the darkness, and now it is reflected in his attire. Since the clothes are important to the plot, it could be that Sora could be currupt, and eventually turns into a heartless, but Kairi comes and saves him. Just a theory, probably not true.
i already said something like this in the namine topic. sora has been exposed to the darkness when he unlocked the princesses hearts from himself. he became a heartless, and lost his innocence. tetsuya nomura said that his clothes are an important part of the game. maybe, i thought, maybe, he want just talking about his regular clothes. when sora fuses with goofy, you can see in some of the screenshots his clothes. look at your pic, ngd omega, if you look at soras pant legs, you can see they are red, with fleur-de-lis symbols on them. way back when, criminas were branded with these symbols to show that they were criminals. if they bore this mark, they werent to be trusted. this could have something to do with it. btw, kudos on your theory mochacat

soras_destiny55

~NGD OMEGA~ said:
I could see it, but I have to say that it doesn't seem likely. My theory is something along the lines of the time Sora stabbed himself with the dark keyblade. I think that now Sora's heart has been exposed to the darkness, and now it is reflected in his attire. Since the clothes are important to the plot, it could be that Sora could be currupt, and eventually turns into a heartless, but Kairi comes and saves him. Just a theory, probably not true.
i already said something like this in the namine topic. sora has been exposed to the darkness when he unlocked the princesses hearts from himself. he became a heartless, and lost his innocence. tetsuya nomura said that his clothes are an important part of the game. maybe, i thought, maybe, he want just talking about his regular clothes. when sora fuses with goofy, you can see in some of the screenshots his clothes. they are red, with fleur-de-lis symbols on them. way back when, criminas were branded with these symbols to show that they were criminas. if they bore this mark, they werent to be trusted. this could have something to do with it. btw, kudos on your theory mochacat224.

~NGD OMEGA~

Don't get me wrong, MC, your theory is good, and makes some sense. But when I first saw Sora's clothes, the first thing I thought of was when Sora stabbed himself. Your theory is great and all, but I just think that the stabbing of himself will have more of an effect to the story. I like your theory and hope it is true, but the other one would be more of a surpise in the story.

Also I doubt the darkness will take him, but it is likely that Sora will turn into a heartless agian, due to the Stabbing once again. Still, this is all just speculation. I would much rather your theory, I wouldn't like Sora turning to the dark, but I just think it is a little more likely.

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
i think it has somethin 2 do with him becomin more mature and/or da game being darker because almost evry1 in da game wheres darker clothes so maybe da game centers around darkness jus like how da first game centered arond light being good

Endgame

:D
Nice theory, but think about it 4 a second...It would be really cool to see Sora Vs DarkSora, right? I mean, maybe there isnt no "deep and meaningful" reason for the new clothes, and its just what it seems like??? Seriously, If you were one of the programmers, sitting there writing code, pumped on espresso and late 4 your deadline, you don't sit there thinking "ok, so whats something I can do with this quote from the first game that no-one will figure out and theyll all be mystified.

MochaCat244

Bronze Member
Website
www.transitoryfish.deviantart.com
sora vs dark sora would be really awsome i must agree with that.

and as for sora stabbing himself. it did somewhat open his heart to darkness but he found his light and escaped and why would it take an entire year for the effects of stabbing himself to finally kick in. he was prefectly fine and happey for the rest of kh and kh:com.
plus i am not saying that sora will fall into darkness...jus saying that it will slowly comsume him heaving his burden yet he will be strong enough to fight it back or something along the lines of that. it will still end with sora being light.

sepheroth1

im not sure if u r already tlking bout this but wat if the sora tht we c (dark close 1) isnt really sora. or there is another sora tht was cloned or something or a memory sora type thing from com. u no wht this doesnt make any sence

DragonRider1234

i think it is a good theory but some1 besides NGD needs to argue this point. i could see NGD's theory workin 2. wat if that new drive is some dark magic thing or somethin. or maybe ansem has somethin 2 do with sora becommin dark. it is said somewhere that he will be back. and i also heard it resembles rikus old clothing, but i dont see how.

~NGD OMEGA~

WHAT ABOUT MY ARGUMENT!!!

Why am I so ignored.... I still think that his new clothes have something to do with him being exposed to the darkness, and I am not the only one, a fair few people agree with me... Why do people just ignore me... I feel so unwanted....

MochaCat244

Bronze Member
Website
www.transitoryfish.deviantart.com
I LOVE YOU NGD!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!! ::hugs:: <is that better?? your argument iz goos but i meant like having more that jus one against mine. urs does kinda make sense.....but t would complicate the story sooo much more than what we already know. but i want you to know that i dont ignore you/ [ i just always seen to be the opposite of what you think]

~NGD OMEGA~

I feel wanted again! Yes! Okay I can see that we don't seem to agree, but we are different people, so that is natural. I didn't see this before, so I am going to comment on it...

and as for sora stabbing himself. it did somewhat open his heart to darkness but he found his light and escaped and why would it take an entire year for the effects of stabbing himself to finally kick in. he was prefectly fine and happey for the rest of kh and kh:com.
plus i am not saying that sora will fall into darkness...jus saying that it will slowly comsume him heaving his burden yet he will be strong enough to fight it back or something along the lines of that. it will still end with sora being light.

The reason that it took so long for the effects to kick in were because the darkness was bidding it's time, growing within Sora's heart. Also, the Chamber slowed the effects, so by the time he got out, instead of being overrun, the darkness was only strong enough to affect Sora's choice of clothes. However I agree that KH2 will end with Sora being light, no doubt about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back