• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Theory] Ansem's Data + The Influence it will have in DDD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak1403

So I've been thinking about this ever since the TGS trailer was released... In the final moments of the trailer we see a point of view of apprentice Xehanort in the Radient Garden laboratory, many have theorised on what this could mean within Dream Drop Distance, but I think that it's connected to Ansem the Wise's data that is inside Sora. Due to the theme of the game - dreams, I think that the data inside Sora is more like memories - as dreams are just us recalling certain events that we have witnessed, linking into the BBSFM secret ending of BBS Volume Two. This would have us seeing these scenes from the past through Sora's eyes. This theory is very Harry Potter'ish, but Nomura has been known to take ideas from other story plots... *cough*StarWars*cough*

So what do you guys think on this?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It could be that it involves memories to some degree, but that can be only a small part of it.
The data is said by Nomura to hold the results of Ansem the Wise's research on hearts, emotions and nobodies which he also conducted while being DiZ.

Furthermore, the data is scheduled to be the very key that will enable Sora in the end to save all those who called out to him in Blank Points.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The Xehanort scenes happen in the games opening.

Edit:
Nomura also confirmed that the game will feature numerous flashback scenes told from Xehanort's point of view, among them the opening scene

Last edited:

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Perhaps, Ansem's heart research will pay off and this will be the key to opening Sora's heart and having to endure his hidden, surfacing memories.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Perhaps, Ansem's heart research will pay off and this will be the key to opening Sora's heart and having to endure his hidden, surfacing memories.

Since when does Sora have hidden memories? The goal is to awaken the other beings connected to Sora who are suffering, so it's them that need to be accessed, not some memories of Sora himself.

As DiZ apparently continued to deeply research the workings of the heart and several elements connected to it (like the mentioned emotions and nobodies) I would assume we will get to know some new stuff the heart is capable of and learn a bit more about the mysteries of how a heart functions in the universe.
After all, everyone of those who called out to Sora is in a sort of different torment, so the data has either to contribute several sets of important information or a single general procedure which will be sufficient to be the correct tool for Sora to rescue everyone as Ansem envisioned.

Crazy Mario

Since when does Sora have hidden memories? The goal is to awaken the other beings connected to Sora who are suffering, so it's them that need to be accessed, not some memories of Sora himself.

As DiZ apparently continued to deeply research the workings of the heart and several elements connected to it (like the mentioned emotions and nobodies) I would assume we will get to know some new stuff the heart is capable of and learn a bit more about the mysteries of how a heart functions in the universe.
After all, everyone of those who called out to Sora is in a sort of different torment, so the data has either to contribute several sets of important information or a single general procedure which will be sufficient to be the correct tool for Sora to rescue everyone as Ansem envisioned.
End of Re:coded. Data Namine shows Mickey and Data Sora that all of the people Sora will have to rescue has their memories in his heart, which will be the key to waking them up and someday they will painfully resurface. I theorize Ansem's hidden data will be the key to awakening them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBgPT9NIJbc

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
End of Re:coded. Data Namine shows Mickey and Data Sora that all of the people Sora will have to rescue has their memories in his heart, which will be the key to waking them up and someday they will painfully resurface. I theorize Ansem's hidden data will be the key to awakening them.
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded Walkthrough [Part 17 - Final Boss Roxas - Ending & Credits][ENG] - YouTube

These are memories of those people's suffering, your previous statement made it sound as if it were Sora's memories, which is obviously wrong. (having to endure his hidden).
Data-Naminé warned that trying to access them the wrong way will damage Sora's heart. Yet accessing these memories is one step to learn what the suffering of each one is, but just accessing those memories alone won't awake or "heal" the tormented ones. That is what Ansem's data is said to be the key of though, so awakening these "memories" won't be the only thing that is needed.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Eh who knows? Dreams, Memories and bad feelings... Sora is the key to saving everybody and hes got crap tons of data inside of him according to Coded... so, either DDD will be a fantastic game and move the plot along or itll pull a Days and not ever add to the story itself.

My gawd,, Im loosing my faith in KH!!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Eh who knows? Dreams, Memories and bad feelings... Sora is the key to saving everybody and hes got crap tons of data inside of him according to Coded... so, either DDD will be a fantastic game and move the plot along or itll pull a Days and not ever add to the story itself.

My gawd,, Im loosing my faith in KH!!

DDD most likely will move along the plot nonetheless, as the actual rescuing of the tormented people and Xehanort's final ass-kicking is reserved for KH III all preparations to that have to be done in DDD, it's not called the prelude to KH III for nothing. ;)

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

Arguably, 358/2 Days adds something to the story. As a game, it lowers the quality of the series as a whole (more more so than Kingdom Hearts II).

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Arguably, 358/2 Days adds something to the story. As a game, it lowers the quality of the series as a whole (more more so than Kingdom Hearts II).

How to eat ice cream with a friend - because everyone forgot about Xion-Sue anyway, though Axel's character overall was more scary in CoM as opposed to Days. Nothing really else was necessary, unless you want to count the time Xion's face changes to Ven's when Xigbar looks at her. :S

Then again, Roxas didn't really care to a degree, since he put friends = ice cream together anyway.

Radar

Bronze Member
The key of sleep is probably Namine, and that itself is the data. Key/Namine/Data all the same. I think probably. And once they find her at the end of DDD, she will aid Sora with the data.

Crazy Mario

These are memories of those people's suffering, your previous statement made it sound as if it were Sora's memories, which is obviously wrong. (having to endure his hidden).
Data-Naminé warned that trying to access them the wrong way will damage Sora's heart. Yet accessing these memories is one step to learn what the suffering of each one is, but just accessing those memories alone won't awake or "heal" the tormented ones. That is what Ansem's data is said to be the key of though, so awakening these "memories" won't be the only thing that is needed.
Wow, you just completely owned me... I'll be sure to do more proper research next time.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

How does it affect the quality of the series? Did it Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep worse? How about Chain of Memories? No. It didn't. It may have lowered some people's standards for it, but it doesn't decrease quality. Birth by Sleep had better music and graphics than Days, in other words, they have higher quality graphics and music when they released after Days.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
How does it affect the quality of the series? Did it Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep worse? How about Chain of Memories? No. It didn't. It may have lowered some people's standards for it, but it doesn't decrease quality. Birth by Sleep had better music and graphics than Days, in other words, they have higher quality graphics and music when they released after Days.

I mean perception of the series as a whole. If you have one great game and two bad games, then the series as a whole suffers due to perception of a particular game, despite that one game being good. So quality as a whole, I'd say the Kingdom Hearts series is very mixed with three good games (Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep and Chain of Memories), one very average game (ReCoded) and two terrible games (358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts 2). Doesn't mean the three good games are crap, but when it comes to perception of the series, it lowers it reputation and quality it is known for.

Also, Kingdom Hearts II is debatable as a terrible game amongst the community. But guess what, I absolutely hate that steaming pile of shit that I'm glad I haven't touched it for two years.

PS: Actually... Four Years to be precise.

sub6snoopy

I mean perception of the series as a whole. If you have one great game and two bad games, then the series as a whole suffers due to perception of a particular game, despite that one game being good. So quality as a whole, I'd say the Kingdom Hearts series is very mixed with three good games (Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep and Chain of Memories), one very average game (ReCoded) and two terrible games (358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts 2). Doesn't mean the three good games are crap, but when it comes to perception of the series, it lowers it reputation and quality it is known for.

Also, Kingdom Hearts II is debatable as a terrible game amongst the community. But guess what, I absolutely hate that steaming pile of shit that I'm glad I haven't touched it for two years.

PS: Actually... Four Years to be precise.

Ok, Please tell me why you think KHII is crap? Because I thought it was pretty fantastic. Obviously, you can never get better than the first, but it was still amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back