• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory about the development of the "mystery" game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaJackpot

Nomura already said that KH3D's secret movie would give us a glimpse at KH3.
He didn't specifically say that it would be a peek at KHIII, Only that 1) A secret movie was being prepared and 2) The game as a whole is supposed to connect to KHIII.

I'm just nitpicking, though, it's pretty obvious that it'll end up being a KHIII tease either way.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I meant exactly what I wrote. The secret ending hinted a new game.

Exactly. Sora interacted with a lot of other characters.
Alright, I wasn't sure. You seemed very opposed to a new game being a possibility.

Yeah, but with memories (like Chain of Memories or the Coded world) Sora still interacts with characters... they just aren't the real characters. Hell, Roxas in KH2 interacts with data versions of real people as well. Memories or data still make for character interactions.

Something similar could indeed be implemented for Aqua, but there would need to be way in which the exploration of these memories could meaningfully contribute to the bigger picture.

If she stopped the worlds from being destroyed within the memories, it would make her feel better. She could at least relax in some fairytale kingdom instead of dealing with the Realm of Darkness.
It really doesn't have to be something with a ton of grandeur; you seem to be thinking that something more complicated than "diving into a world's memories", or something along those lines, isn't capable enough to make a story out of.

Obviously it sounds a bit half assed but if you told me CoM was going to be about Sora revisiting all of the worlds he had been to previously through a room that recreates memories and help/save all of the characters he had already saved, with no real impact on the real characters, I'd have found that half assed too.

It may not sound appealing but it doesn't have to be anything more than that to create a game.

And Aqua's not mentally slow, she would know that she had been too late to stop anything from happening and it would break her heart. The only thing that would give her any solace is that she would try to do something from the RoD through these memories/the fact her own memory would be failing her.

That's not enough to base an entire story around.
Clearly. I was merely giving you examples of characters that can appear in the RoD to give her character interactions. There are several possibilities.

She wouldn't be wandering aimlessly. She would be fighting for survival in a nearly constant struggle against darkness.

And I didn't say Aqua would need to escape the Realm of Darkness on her own.
Yeah, what I was hinting at is that it seems a bit far fetched to imagine her not having done anything else. Even Riku was doing some off-screen things during Sora's sleep, so why not Aqua? Maybe there's more to it.

No, you didn't. But TAV are supposed to be saved in KH3, so a scenario that started with her escaping the RoD would be moot since it would be included within KH3. Therefore suggesting that the scenes in BBSv2 involving her seeing CoD in the RoD was just a thing Nomura decided to show us for no real reason other than to be like "hey guys Aqua saw shit in the RoD, -laughs- that's all", is silly.

Didn't the bonus scenario in BBS:fm only have about four new rooms and one new enemy? It's not like the scenario completely remade a new game from scratch. BBS:fm is a remake of BBS so it needs new stuff to separate itself from the original.
No, it didn't remake the game. BBS:FM seemed much more like a "test" to see how the reception to using the RoD as a level would resonate with the fans.

But then while she is in the memories of the worlds, she might as well just stand around and see how the worlds were destroyed so that she would know how the worlds were destroyed.
Did Aqua ever seem like someone who could stand by and not do anything, no matter how meaningless her efforts were? She did everything and anything she could in every scenario she was faced with, whether it helped or hindered.

I'm just saying that the potential for an Aqua story in the Realm of Darkness is not so obvious. Fans need to actually create brand new concepts in order to give Aqua an excuse to have a story that can be sustained. Aqua is an interesting character and her struggle in the Realm of Darkness is interesting, but without character interactions I don't think she will have the type of story that is suitable for its own scenario. The way in which Aqua can find ways to interact with other characters isn't very apparent, even if theoretical ideas could be developed. For these reasons, I doubt there will be an Aqua scenario in the Realm of Darkness.
No, we have to give fans like you excuses for a story to be sustained. No one knew what the hell Dream Drop Distance was really going to be about initially, just like no one entirely knows right now exactly how BBSv2 would go down.

The basic concept is a fragmented game that ties all of the gaps in the KH story line together. The main similarity in all of these possible scenarios? The Realm of Darkness. Mickey, Riku, and Aqua all spent a fair amount of time in the RoD without us knowing what they were doing. Something can easily be pulled together with that.

We didn't pull this all out of our asses; BBS:FM's scenario, plus its secret video, PLUS all of Nomura's mentions of a "mystery game" that was not BBS:FM or Re:Coded or 3D, have led us to our conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back