• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory about Dark Cloud

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical-Edward

Since Dark Cloud looks alot like Cloud, wears Vincent's cloak and a modified glove that looks similar to his(vincent's). Would it be possible to consider Dark Cloud the first "combined" character. In KH2, you are able to "combine" with other characters in the game (ex: Sora and Goofy). Thinking Dark Cloud is the first "combined" character, would it be possible for them to split back to Cloud and Vincent in KH2?

Something else to look at:
Do you think it was vincent speaking through Dark Cloud during "Showdown of Fate"(KH:FM)? Especially when Dark Cloud says,"As long as you continue to exist I cannot awaken from my nightmare." Vincent considered his life to be a nightmare and though of Sephiroth as the root of his problems(so to say).

the scene goes:
Dark Cloud: Finally, we meet.
Sephiroth: I was searching for you too.
DC: As long as you continue to exist I can not awake from my nightmare.
You are my darkness.
S: Then turn towards that darkness.
Eternally refuse the light, to the nightmare of no awakening.

Last edited:

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Nice theory! It could be possible, but about that conversation between Cloud and Sephiroth. Sephiroth is his darkness, and his nightmare, so Cloud can say that himself too...

But the rest could work out fine, especially becuz of the rumour that Vincent is in the game too... :rolleyes:

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
Cloud in KH1 is not Dark. They just gave him Vincent's clothes to make him more cooler and fit into KH1 better since they couldn't put Vincent in....just like Rikku....and they didn't combine Vincent and Cloud....

Radical-Edward

cloud in KH1 is refered to as "dark cloud" he even has his own theme, "shrouding dark cloud." He even says that he tried to resist the darkness but lost his "light."

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
Cloud in KH1 is referred to as "Cloud". He does not have his own theme. CLOUD IS CLOUD. There is no Dark Cloud.

HikariNoTenshi216

Website
www.shimakaze-no-tori.angelcities.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed on my most recent playthrough of the game that 'Shrouding Dark Cloud' plays when you fight Guard Armor, and not Cloud himself.

I've never heard Cloud referred to as 'Dark Cloud' before... And I'm sure that the only reason why Cloud has Vincent's cape and arm is because Tetsuya Nomura wanted to put Vincent in the first game, but it didn't work out, so he just added Vincent's stuff to Cloud...

He did the same thing with Yuffie. He originally wanted to put Rikku in the game, but he had to switch it to Yuffie. That's why Yuffie's clothing and her fighting stance are so much like Rikku's in FFX.

I'm not saying that Cloud being 'Dark Cloud' is impossible, I'm just saying that I haven't seen enough evidence to credit it, yet...

Tre'Coolfreak13

Website
www.myspace.com
Uh...no. Everyone knows that Cloud lost sight of his light in his hunt for Sephiroth. He made a pact with Hades, which is mostlikely how he was given the wing, the glove, and the cape and all that other junk that makes him look like such a bad@$$. Plus, Nomura said it himself, Sephiroth is Cloud's darkness (which is why he lost sight of his light) and his light is Aerith. I don't think they could be a fusion. When someone fuses, they don't gain a whole new appearance, just a change in the color of their cloths. I don't think someone could gain a whole wing from that.

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
No, thats with Sora. If another person fuses you don't know if they get a new appearance. Plus Riku got a new set of clothes when him and Ansem fused.

Invisible55

I have an OFFICIAL KH comic on my computer (can't remember where i got it). It proves this theory incorrect. One day, Sephiroth kills Tifa. Cloud arrives at the scene and charges Sephiroth. Cloud's losing badly when Vincent shoots Sephiroth. Sephiroth stabs Vincent and teleports away. Vincent dies, too. Cloud get angry, puts on Vincent's cape and glove and says:

"I had to dig two graves today, because of you... Sephiroth!... Vincent, in your honor, I will stop Sephiroth!... Tifa, I won't let him escape again, I swear it! I'll hunt him down to the end of the world and beyond, if I have to!"

So, you see, Cloud is Cloud.

Felix Chu

England..land of a thousand..somethings..
Invisible55 said:
I have an OFFICIAL KH comic on my computer (can't remember where i got it). It proves this theory incorrect. One day, Sephiroth kills Tifa. Cloud arrives at the scene and charges Sephiroth. Cloud's losing badly when Vincent shoots Sephiroth. Sephiroth stabs Vincent and teleports away. Vincent dies, too. Cloud get angry, puts on Vincent's cape and glove and says:

"I had to dig two graves today, because of you... Sephiroth!... Vincent, in your honor, I will stop Sephiroth!... Tifa, I won't let him escape again, I swear it! I'll hunt him down to the end of the world and beyond, if I have to!"

So, you see, Cloud is Cloud.

I've seen that too....and it's not official, it's a fanmade comic. I remember there was one that said Sephiroth was Riku's father. :p

I think Square were just looking for a nifty design for Cloud. If you notice, not all the characters from the FF games look exactly the same as they did in their original games.
I think the reason why they made Cloud look like that, was to make him to be a lone warrior, someone who has searched for something for years, seeing as it was years since the FF characters had left Hollow Bastion.

Radical-Edward

meh, i'm not relying on the manga for evidence. Besides, cloud's wing is strikingly similar to Chaos(vincent's limit break on FF7). Chaos is a Winged-Demon that attacks an enemy with Chaos Saber and Satan Slam.

Dark Cloud's glove has some characteristics of Vincent's glove, but they are not the same. Dark Cloud's glove has metal finger tips and knuckles. Vincent's glove is metal the way past his elbow.

Dark cloud

Vincent

Cloud

keep in mind, Square Enix had KH2 planned out in detail when KH1 was created. If they changed Cloud's appearance, there is a logical explanation behind it.

Last edited:

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
OMG. ARE YOU ANOTHER DUMB@SS N00B?

1. NOMURA GAVE CLOUD, VINCEN'T CLOTHES/APPEARANCE BECAUSE HE WANTED TO.
2. KH2 WAS NOT PLANNED OUT IN DETAIL WITH KH1 WAS CREATED.
3. THEY WANTED TO PUT VINCENT IN THE GAME BUT THEY COULDN'T BECAUSE THEY RAN OUT OF FFC ROOM. SO THEY GAVE HIS APPEARANCE TO CLOUD.
4. THERE IS NO *bleep* DARK CLOUD.
5. KH IS IN A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE THAN FINAL FANTASY. CLOUD DOESN'T HAVE TO WEAR HIS *bleep* FF CLOTHES IF THEY DONT WANT HIM TO.

HE'S NOT DARK CLOUD. HE NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE.

I'm getting this topic closed before I go crazy because you just won't listen to the truth.

Reaver

NICE THEORY. That might be how u learn how to combine with your players (through cloud teaching u or something). Hopefully thats true because if they keep Cloud like that and have Vincent a seperate char that would seem kinda wierd...

Heavens Blade

Website
img.photobucket.com
.:KL:. said:
OMG. ARE YOU ANOTHER DUMB@SS N00B?

1. NOMURA GAVE CLOUD, VINCEN'T CLOTHES/APPEARANCE BECAUSE HE WANTED TO.
2. KH2 WAS NOT PLANNED OUT IN DETAIL WITH KH1 WAS CREATED.
3. THEY WANTED TO PUT VINCENT IN THE GAME BUT THEY COULDN'T BECAUSE THEY RAN OUT OF FFC ROOM. SO THEY GAVE HIS APPEARANCE TO CLOUD.
4. THERE IS NO *bleep* DARK CLOUD.
5. KH IS IN A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE THAN FINAL FANTASY. CLOUD DOESN'T HAVE TO WEAR HIS *bleep* FF CLOTHES IF THEY DONT WANT HIM TO.

HE'S NOT DARK CLOUD. HE NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE.

I'm getting this topic closed before I go crazy because you just won't listen to the truth.

the rude but just one is right

there is no dark cloud what the f@#$ did you moma smok when she was pregnet whith you. you dum a#$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back