• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory about Ansem the Wise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel92

Awards
Well... i was reading through past Nomura's interviews and i found out this one:
When the Heartless are defeated, what becomes of the stolen hearts? Also, when members of Organization XIII and other Nobodies are defeated, do they return to their original form?

When Heartless are defeated, essentially the owner's hearts are rejoined with their once extinguished body, whichever world it may be on. As for the whereabouts of hearts in KHII that turn up, this time they remarkably went to the Organization (there is a foot note here that says "In Kingdom Hearts II after Heartless were defeated, the many hearts were absorbed by the Kingdom Hearts of "people's hearts"). However, in the rare case that the body changed into a Nobody, when there is no container for the heart it resorts to a state of suspension.
In the case of a Nobody being defeated, it's a little more complicated. If the above mentioned hearts are liberated, they return to their original form. However, if the heart is still stolen by the Heartless, the Nobody's body is swallowed by darkness. If somewhere in the world their hearts are taken back, perhaps they might be able to return to their original human form.

Now, remember that we learnt our memories resides in our hearts in the KH-verse.
So i realized that the Ansem The Wise we saw in the Realm of Darkness talking with Aqua is instead his Nobody.

He just lost his heart due to the heart-machine's explosion and then his heart was gathered by the Organization's Kingdom Hearts. His body, nobody to be exact, was swallowed by darkness and then he finished in the RoD.

After a while (we don't know how time flows in RoD, in fact we don't know if it even flows) Sora defeated Xemnas and freed all the hearts imprisoned in KH so his heart was returning to him and some memories just to reflow in his minds: otherwise it is not clear how he knews about Sora winning over Xemnas, it was actually considered dead. Now he need to return to the RoL (like Aqua) and then maybe use Namine's help to restore all his memories.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Refresh my memory, but as far as I'm aware of, wasn't Ansem the Wise sent body, heart, and soul to the Realm of Darkness by that explosion? Therefore, it couldn't have been his Nobody; it was him, his entire being.

Axel92

Awards
Refresh my memory, but as far as I'm aware of, wasn't Ansem the Wise sent body, heart, and soul to the Realm of Darkness by that explosion? Therefore, it couldn't have been his Nobody; it was him, his entire being.
as far as i can remember there is no clear sentence about what part of Ansem was sent in the RoD.

EDIT:
At one point in 'KHII', Ansem the Wise escapes from the world of darkness. This time he has once again descended into the world of darkness. At what point in time does this happen?

Nomura: After '
KHII'. When he stopped the Organisation's plans in 'KHII', he was caught up in an explosion and blown into the world of darkness. The line where he says, "I first met him one year ago," is referring to before 'he' went to sleep - that is, it's referring to the time of 'Chain of Memories'. It doesn't mean this is one year after 'KHII'.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It was never specified or addressed, so it's assumed his entire being was transported to the Realm of Darkness, rather than bits and pieces.

And time does flow in the RoD, albeit much more slowly.

Gram

Banned
Awards
A key factor your forgetting is that all nobodies retain their memories despite being born without a heart.
Their memory is what they base their identity, behavior and overall existence on.
So Diz losing his memory just because he' became a nobody wouldnt work.

The only examples of nobodies without any memory are Roxas and he only lacked them because kairi saved Sora shortly after he became a heartless robbing Roxas of soras memory. (Sora even admit he was beginning to forget until kairi stepped in)

There is also the fact that the only known cases of nobodies being born is as byproducts of the heartless of which Diz hasnt shown to have become.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back