• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: A new Mobile Game is in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How about they abandon the mobile game market for awhile until next year. KH needs time to build back its popularity since it’s on a break.

The next mobile game whenever it does happen in the next whatever months/years shouldn’t have major canon implications either imo

Nomura introduced the possibility of a multiverse in this series. He needs to utilize it by creating an alternate reality where whatever goes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Can't say I would be looking forward to just another slog-fest and stupid gacha-stuff, but in all honesty I am also an outlier because I never use my phone for games, or rather "bigger games" at all because it doesn't really feel right for me.

Story-heavy games I really want to immerse myself in only work for me in a private environment where there are no distractions and you also don't need to pay attention to other stuff which in public you more or less have to do.

But in the end it doesn't really matter that much since for the entire run of the original browser X[chi] and every incarnation of the phone-app I always only followed the main story updates via Youtube videos and this site having not an ounce of interest in any of the other stuff and even that really was partly a draining experience because the actual juicy story parts were so far apart in time I almost always had to re-watch the previous two story updates to remember what was actually going on.

I was strictly talking about the comparison from a gameplay perspective, say what you will about games by MiHoYo but Genshin Impact changed how narrative-driven free-to-play games should be approached on both mobile and consoles.
I don't know a thing about this one, so what's so special about it?
The only thing I do know (barely) about anything connected to that title/name is dozens upon dozens of fanarts circulating the net depicting lots of cute and/or pretty girls and boys in fancy fantasy outfits who could all be winners of multiple beauty contests.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't know a thing about this one, so what's so special about it?
The only thing I do know (barely) about anything connected to that title/name is dozens upon dozens of fanarts circulating the net depicting lots of cute and/or pretty girls and boys in fancy fantasy outfits who could all be winners of multiple beauty contests.
Genshin Impact is a multi-platform game that's designed for iOS, Android, PC and PlayStation. What makes the game special is that it treats itself as a console game instead of a mobile game in terms of gameplay and narrative. It's evidently been a breakout success and has the critical praise that other mobile games fail to bring, and if we compare Genshin Impact to KHUX, the latter is embarrassingly outdated in comparison and that shows with the declining interest and underperforming monetisation.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Genshin Impact is a multi-platform game that's designed for iOS, Android, PC and PlayStation. What makes the game special is that it treats itself as a console game instead of a mobile game in terms of gameplay and narrative. It's evidently been a breakout success and has the critical praise that other mobile games fail to bring, and if we compare Genshin Impact to KHUX, the latter is embarrassingly outdated in comparison and that shows with the declining interest and underperforming monetisation.
So that means if you're interested in that game but don't want to play it on a phone you can, for example, just go and download it from PSN to play on your PS4 or whatever?

That's actually a clever approach indeed as you can serve all sorts of player-bases with it.
But how does that work with the graphics, details, game speed etc.?
PCs and home consoles tend to have much better specs than phones and of course more memory.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So that means if you're interested in that game but don't want to play it on a phone you can, for example, just go and download it from PSN to play on your PS4 or whatever?

That's actually a clever approach indeed as you can serve all sorts of player-bases with it.
But how does that work with the graphics, details, game speed etc.?
PCs and home consoles tend to have much better specs than phones and of course more memory.
The game is free-to-play so you can go ahead and download it right now for PS4 or Steam.

The different versions of Genshin Impact are tailor-made with the console/system specifications in mind.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
How about they abandon the mobile game market for awhile until next year. KH needs time to build back its popularity since it’s on a break.

The next mobile game whenever it does happen in the next whatever months/years shouldn’t have major canon implications either imo

Nomura introduced the possibility of a multiverse in this series. He needs to utilize it by creating an alternate reality where whatever goes.
I was thinking something along the lines of Dissida Opera Omnia. It's better than KHUx/DR and we can finally get a "Dissidia" KH.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I was thinking something along the lines of Dissida Opera Omnia. It's better than KHUx/DR and we can finally get a "Dissidia" KH.
Why not, Disney already has like 2 gatcha games where their characters team up. They'd be ultra petty to not let a KH gatcha do the same.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the FF7 mobile reveals today kinda corroborate Alpha's point - Square is clearly looking at the higher standard being set by other devs/franchises and is aspiring to meet that mark. So even should KH return to the mobile platform in the future, I imagine the overall quality will be significantly higher than it has been.

Megavoltage

Awards
I really like the stories the mobiles gave us but yes. Slow plodding prequels where things are purposely secretive aren't needed anymore. Just have the current day guardians go on crazy adventures. For too long the series was in a stalemate of "they're sad and waiting for Sora", in a way we're still stuck like that if they can't have quests before he returns. So.... jump headfirst into the multiverse and do whatever!

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think the FF7 mobile reveals today kinda corroborate Alpha's point - Square is clearly looking at the higher standard being set by other devs/franchises and is aspiring to meet that mark. So even should KH return to the mobile platform in the future, I imagine the overall quality will be significantly higher than it has been.
Days would make a pretty good arena KH game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It actually would, playing as the different members of the original Organization XIII would be fun.
I can see Square Enix charging for those skins, actually. You get to customize your own Org Member and then they sell you the Xemnas through Xion skins, haha

Soldier

Awards
You mean to tell me that Square Enix plans on making another moblie game for KH that will likely have more microtransactions than the previous ones?
Color me surprised.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Depends on what will it be? is it "update-less mobile VN mobile game" or flat out gacha? Cause KH doesn't exactly work as gacha, since gacha sells to the horny and you can't exactly romanticize/fetishisize KH contents and make KH gacha that sells characters instead of weapons. But the former? totally yes please. AFAIK some Ace Attorney games have been ported to mobile and 4th game even looks better on phones, so I'm all for plot condensed VN on mobile. but fetishizing KH? nah..... no thanks.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I've been thinking about this possibility again and it occurred to me that they could announce a new Kingdom Hearts mobile game after Dark Road concludes and have it be released for the 20th Anniversary of Kingdom Hearts.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’ve been seeing a lot of articles recently about increased scrutiny into loot boxes, in some cases leading to governments cracking down like in Brazil, where they’re imposing major fines on companies for it. A new UK report just published findings that loot boxes are “structurally and psychologically akin to gambling,” and some tech analysts are interpreting things like Apple Arcade’s recent massive expansion of its subscription-based service as signs that major companies like Google and Apple may be moving away from loot box models in anticipation of heavier regulations.

These changes to the games industry are happening in real time and make me curious about how Square will adapt. I know the upcoming FF7 mobile games are meant to have monetized features, but I wonder how they’ll be implemented. In any case, I’d be overjoyed to see the abject stain on gaming which is loot boxes wither and fade into irrelevance, and can only hope that, should more KH mobile games come out in the future, Square takes a completely different approach and that they aren’t ruined by predatory monetization practices.

Sources:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back