• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theories on Worlds Taken by Darkness and Sent to the Realm of Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Okay, here's another one of everyone's favorite, "Crazy Mario Theories!" You see, worlds taken by darkness have fascinated me for a while. Up to BBS, we've all known that the destruction of a world is simple, find the World's Keyhole, plunge it's heart with darkness, and it's transported to the Realm of Darkness. For a while, we've thought that Sora freed these worlds after defeating Ansem SoD, which caused EotW to collapse and disappear due to being artificial, having no heart, and having remnants of Worlds taken by Darkness. But after a recent Nomura interview, he explained that while worlds like Dumbo and some of the Princesses' worlds were saved, while some were plunged into slumber and were transported to the Realm of Sleep. To even further the confusion, Traverse Town, is here too, which could confuse a bunch of people. But after analyzing interviews and story evidence, I've found leads that tie in with DDD and possibly the unannounced BBSV2!

Now I know this sounds crazy, but just consider this scenario. When Sora beat Ansem and EotW was destroyed, SDG had literally no idea what would happen. While they probably think they freed the worlds, let's look at another perspective. What if they accidentally plunged them into sleep instead? You see, EotW was made up of fragments of destroyed worlds and the waste created by Heartless. Since it was destroyed, maybe the remnants were destroyed too, which shattered the hearts of these Worlds and plunged them into sleep, which ties in similarly to Ventus' situation when destroying the X-Blade. Traverse Town could be in the same state due to being made up of remnants of the Worlds also. But since it actually grew a heart of it's own, it was shattered and now sleeps in rest, dreaming of it's former self.

At this point you'll be wondering, "Well how did Worlds like Pride Lands and Beast's Castle become restored after KH1?" Well, this is where it ties in to BBSV2. In BBSFM's Secret Ending, we see Aqua travel to Castle of Dreams in the Realm of Darkness. What if Aqua (And possibly Mickey and Riku) actually figured out a way to save these Worlds similar to how Riku and Sora will save the Worlds in the Realm of Sleep? If this turns out to be true, we won't visit a single one of DDD's Worlds in BBSV2 and instead visit Pride Lands, Dwarf Woodlands, Enchanted Dominion, Castle of Dreams, Beast's Castle, and The Land of Dragons. I'd include Bambi and Dumbo, but exclude One Hundred and One Dalmatians due to them being sent to Traverse Town and the puppies getting scattered. Also, I personally think they'll have their own World in the Realm of Sleep, but that's just my opinion getting in the way.

As for how Simba, Bambi, Dumbo, and Mushu become summons when their world was engulfed in Darkness, perhaps their hearts shine so bright and act very heroic while they fight alongside Aqua, Mickey, and Riku, than they'll transform into Summon Gems and are sent to the Realm of Light. Either that or Aqua casts some spell that turns them into gems and they'll be transported, similar to the spell she cast on Kairi. But at this point, it's pure speculation, so you could ignore this paragraph.

To sum up, that's my theory on why certain Worlds were rescued, while other were plunged into sleep. And yes, I do think BBSV2 will be announced because Nomura has already claimed that a title in addition to DDD and III is on it's way, so be prepared! If you have your own theories or choose to debate certain parts of mine, feel free! I look forward to everyone's thoughts! :biggrin:

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Nice theory! I actually the idea of BBSv2 involving Aqua and Mickey saving the worlds from Darkness. I could see the summons in KH1 being party members and Aqua casting a spell on them like you proposed. Might also explain why she didn't leave sooner if there where more worlds to save.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Since [the End of the World] was destroyed, maybe the remnants were destroyed too, which shattered the hearts of these Worlds and plunged them into sleep, which ties in similarly to Ventus' situation when destroying the X-Blade. Traverse Town could be in the same state due to being made up of remnants of the Worlds also. But since it actually grew a heart of it's own, it was shattered and now sleeps in rest, dreaming of it's former self.

The EotW wasn't "destroyed" so much as "dismantled"/"ripped apart," so I'd have to say that just where its parts went is completely at the whim of the writers. I mean, Mushu's and Simba's worlds were lost to the Darkness, yet those worlds returned to the Realm of Light because of EotW's dismantling, and it isn't like that happened because they had been summons the previous (remembered) adventure. I mean, if that were the case, then what happened to Bambi and Dumbo? to Bambi's and Dumbo's respective worlds?

What I'm trying to get at is that I don't see why some worlds couldn't go to the Realm of Sleep and others to the Realm of Light and others to the Realms of In Between or Darkness. It appears that bits of worlds (that is to say "worlds that are not whole") and those hearts out of their respective worlds (such as Nekku) that went to the Realm of Sleep went to Traverse Town's dreamself.

I do, kind of obviously, agree with you that TT's heart went into a catatonic state similar to Ven's post-X-Blade self, though, and I'll add that the worlds from the EotW did not all shoot off in whole parts into whatever realm they entered, which, if true, would explain how TT has grown into five districts from its previous three.

One is left wondering, however, why Traverse Town obtained a heart at all while its twin did not; anything I were to say on that, though, would be pure speculation, so let's just move on... The point I was trying to bring up was that Traverse Town differs in a crucial way to the EotW and has (or had?) a heart. No, I do not believe that its heart is the crucial difference, but I do believe the why it had a heart is.

As for how Simba, Bambi, Dumbo, and Mushu become summons when their world was engulfed in Darkness, perhaps their hearts shine so bright and act very heroic while they fight alongside Aqua, Mickey, and Riku, than they'll transform into Summon Gems and are sent to the Realm of Light. Either that or Aqua casts some spell that turns them into gems and they'll be transported, similar to the spell she cast on Kairi. But at this point, it's pure speculation, so you could ignore this paragraph.

I'd much rather Aqua not be in charge of who gets to go back to the Realm of Light and who stays in the Realm of Darkness, so I'm gonna go for the former speculative point you made. But it wouldn't be too crazy to say that they form a strong connection with Aqua, who in turn connects them to Ven, who in turn connects them to Sora. In other words, their hearts don't just shoot off into any random direction but towards the realm where Ven's heart is. This, if true, would open Aqua up to more allies in whatever adventure she finds herself in during BBSv2 (assuming v2 will be before KH1, seeing as how we were just speculating as to why those summons were summons in KH1).

I mean, after replaying RE:Chain of Memories, connections and "chains" of relationships have been on my mind when thinking about this series even more than, say, a year ago.

Crazy Mario

The EotW wasn't "destroyed" so much as "dismantled"/"ripped apart," so I'd have to say that just where its parts went is completely at the whim of the writers. I mean, Mushu's and Simba's worlds were lost to the Darkness, yet those worlds returned to the Realm of Light because of EotW's dismantling, and it isn't like that happened because they had been summons the previous (remembered) adventure. I mean, if that were the case, then what happened to Bambi and Dumbo? to Bambi's and Dumbo's respective worlds?
That's the point I was trying to make though. I f my theory holds true, then that means End of the World didn't bring them back, SDG just assumed so. Also, we never saw EotW get dismantled or destroyed either. We just know that it was gone after Ansem was defeated and they were transported to the Realm Between. Also, what are you trying to say about Dumbo and Bambi? I wrote that Simba, Mushu, and their worlds were ALL saved and would be traveled to Aqua, Mickey, and maybe even Riku in the Realm of Darkness and somehow be brought into the Realm of Light, which explains why they weren't sent into slumber at the time of EotW destruction.

What I'm trying to get at is that I don't see why some worlds couldn't go to the Realm of Sleep and others to the Realm of Light and others to the Realms of In Between or Darkness. It appears that bits of worlds (that is to say "worlds that are not whole") and those hearts out of their respective worlds (such as Nekku) that went to the Realm of Sleep went to Traverse Town's dreamself.
It wouldn't make sense at all. If EotW's destruction DID restore the fallen worlds, than how could they just be scattered across different realms. Yen Sid himself said that these fallen worlds have returned to their original places and rebuilt their pathways. Nomura wouldn't just have certain worlds go to sleep for no reason, he'd make it complicated and explainable. Also, since DDD is about finding out how to save the "Tormented", it would make sense to have the worlds be in Ventus' situation and teach Sora and Riku how to give Ventus his heart back.

I do, kind of obviously, agree with you that TT's heart went into a catatonic state similar to Ven's post-X-Blade self, though, and I'll add that the worlds from the EotW did not all shoot off in whole parts into whatever realm they entered, which, if true, would explain how TT has grown into five districts from its previous three.

One is left wondering, however, why Traverse Town obtained a heart at all while its twin did not; anything I were to say on that, though, would be pure speculation, so let's just move on... The point I was trying to bring up was that Traverse Town differs in a crucial way to the EotW and has (or had?) a heart. No, I do not believe that its heart is the crucial difference, but I do believe the why it had a heart is.
EotW was an artificial heart created from world remnants and wastes of the Heartless actions. It never had a heart because it was essentially just darkness and world remnants floating through space and managed to escape the destruction of their world. If Ansem, the cause of this is defeated, the darkness holding everything together would probably disappear or break apart and be destroyed along with the worlds' remnants. Traverse Town on the other hand had it's pieces transported there and they all fused together and became "complete" which formed a heart. That explains why Traverse Town will be in the Realm of Sleep and EotW will not.

I'd much rather Aqua not be in charge of who gets to go back to the Realm of Light and who stays in the Realm of Darkness, so I'm gonna go for the former speculative point you made. But it wouldn't be too crazy to say that they form a strong connection with Aqua, who in turn connects them to Ven, who in turn connects them to Sora. In other words, their hearts don't just shoot off into any random direction but towards the realm where Ven's heart is. This, if true, would open Aqua up to more allies in whatever adventure she finds herself in during BBSv2 (assuming v2 will be before KH1, seeing as how we were just speculating as to why those summons were summons in KH1).
Yeah, I only mentioned Aqua because she's a magic expert and has cast numerous amounts if spells against enemies and on objects. If Mickey or Riku can learn or already know how to do that, than I could care less about who frees the Summons.

I mean, after replaying RE:Chain of Memories, connections and "chains" of relationships have been on my mind when thinking about this series even more than, say, a year ago.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
Okay, if you're going to post a theory, then why be upset when someone tries to bounce other possible explanations with you? It's a theory not a canonical explanation.

That's the point I was trying to make though. I f my theory holds true, then that means End of the World didn't bring them back, SDG just assumed so. Also, we never saw EotW get dismantled or destroyed either. We just know that it was gone after Ansem was defeated and they were transported to the Realm Between.

Your point was that the End of the World wasn't destroyed? And if the EotW was legitimately "destroyed," then those worlds that formed it would have been destroyed, too; if the EotW was a conglomeration of worlds and hearts, then it would have to be dismantled for those respective parts to got back to their respective places.

And you say that EotW "didn't bring them back, SDG just assumed so," but then you say that that's exactly what happened when you say "Yen Sid himself said that these fallen worlds have returned to their original places and rebuilt their pathways," so which is it? Did the "not-destruction" of EotW cause "these fallen worlds" to return to "their original places and [rebuild] their pathways" or did EotW's "not-destruction" not bring them back, as you said?

Also, what are you trying to say about Dumbo and Bambi? I wrote that Simba, Mushu, and their worlds were ALL saved and would be traveled to Aqua, Mickey, and maybe even Riku in the Realm of Darkness and somehow be brought into the Realm of Light, which explains why they weren't sent into slumber at the time of EotW destruction.

Saying "somehow be brought into the Realm of Light" does not explain "why they weren't sent into slumber at the time of EotW's destruction;" that doesn't explain anything, because it's just saying "somehow," like "Dark Energy somehow pushes matter away from itself."

But anyways, I was talking about Bambi and Dumbo because you were talking about summons; both of those characters, along with Simba and Mushu, were summons via summon gems in KH1, but we were never shown B.'s and D.'s worlds in KH2, so there's really no saying whether or not that they returned to their own worlds in the Realm of Light.

I was saying that Simba and Mushu's worlds didn't return to the Realm of Light just because they had been summons the previous game; like you said, Nomura would make it complicated and explainable.

And I have no idea why you claim to know what will happen ("I wrote that Simba, Mushu, and their worlds were ALL saved and would be traveled to Aqua, Mickey, and maybe even Riku in the Realm of Darkness"); I mean, yes, there is likely an explanation on why those summons and their worlds returned to the Realm of Light, but that doesn't mean that we can just assume "Yes, this will happen."

It wouldn't make sense at all. If EotW's destruction DID restore the fallen worlds, than how could they just be scattered across different realms.

So under the impression that your previous point was that EotW was not destroyed, then I'll say that the fallen worlds were not also destroyed.

And now I have to go to work, so I'll just have to finish this later...

Crazy Mario

Okay, if you're going to post a theory, then why be upset when someone tries to bounce other possible explanations with you? It's a theory not a canonical explanation.

Your point was that the End of the World wasn't destroyed? And if the EotW was legitimately "destroyed," then those worlds that formed it would have been destroyed, too; if the EotW was a conglomeration of worlds and hearts, then it would have to be dismantled for those respective parts to got back to their respective places.

And you say that EotW "didn't bring them back, SDG just assumed so," but then you say that that's exactly what happened when you say "Yen Sid himself said that these fallen worlds have returned to their original places and rebuilt their pathways," so which is it? Did the "not-destruction" of EotW cause "these fallen worlds" to return to "their original places and [rebuild] their pathways" or did EotW's "not-destruction" not bring them back, as you said?

Saying "somehow be brought into the Realm of Light" does not explain "why they weren't sent into slumber at the time of EotW's destruction;" that doesn't explain anything, because it's just saying "somehow," like "Dark Energy somehow pushes matter away from itself."

But anyways, I was talking about Bambi and Dumbo because you were talking about summons; both of those characters, along with Simba and Mushu, were summons via summon gems in KH1, but we were never shown B.'s and D.'s worlds in KH2, so there's really no saying whether or not that they returned to their own worlds in the Realm of Light.

I was saying that Simba and Mushu's worlds didn't return to the Realm of Light just because they had been summons the previous game; like you said, Nomura would make it complicated and explainable.

And I have no idea why you claim to know what will happen ("I wrote that Simba, Mushu, and their worlds were ALL saved and would be traveled to Aqua, Mickey, and maybe even Riku in the Realm of Darkness"); I mean, yes, there is likely an explanation on why those summons and their worlds returned to the Realm of Light, but that doesn't mean that we can just assume "Yes, this will happen."

So under the impression that your previous point was that EotW was not destroyed, then I'll say that the fallen worlds were not also destroyed.

And now I have to go to work, so I'll just have to finish this later...
How was i upset? If you mean how I posted in bold, than I'm sorry because I was originally going to put my answers fused into your description and forgot to take it out, so I apologize if you got the wrong understanding. Firstly, I was going through what would happen if my theory proved true. If it was true, SDG would assume their work against Ansem restored them and they would not be scattered across different realms like you said due to Yen Sid saying they would go back to their original places if restored to the Realm of Light. I wasn't trying to make it sound like Yen Sid was saying that would happen if EotW was was destroyed so again, I'm sorry and I should've been more descriptive.

I wrote AMR would somehow bring them back because if my theory holds true than we don't know the PROCESS of bringing them back. As for Bambi and Dumbo, that was my opinion getting in the way of what worlds we could encounter in BBSV2 and I agree that even they might be restored or even sent to sleep. But I did not say my opinion was true, I brought back that quote because I didn't understand what you were trying to say and felt that I needed further elaboration and brought back the quote.

Lastly, I was trying to explain why the fallen worlds would go back to the Realm of Light and not scattered around different realms like you claimed if my theory proved false. I wasn't switching sides on what I thought was true or not, I was only merely explaining how situation would be solved from both sides of whether my theory was true or not.

I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression about my reply and some of the things I explained. I know this theory has some holes because nothing's perfect, but I'm not one of those immature people who force opinions on everybody. I don't wanna make enemies or arguments with anybody and it was my first time replying to such a long comment and originally I was gonna put my explanation with your quote, but I forgot to remove the bolding. I hope you can still forgive me about this whole crazy misunderstanding. :)

Epif

The Delicious
Website
How was i upset? If you mean how I posted in bold, than I'm sorry because I was originally going to put my answers fused into your description and forgot to take it out, so I apologize if you got the wrong understanding.
I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression about my reply and some of the things I explained. I know this theory has some holes because nothing's perfect, but I'm not one of those immature people who force opinions on everybody. I don't wanna make enemies or arguments with anybody and it was my first time replying to such a long comment and originally I was gonna put my explanation with your quote, but I forgot to remove the bolding. I hope you can still forgive me about this whole crazy misunderstanding. :)

Oh! Yeah, I read it with the bold and thought you were being, well, upset. It's alright! I'm not mad or anything, and if I was a few hours ago, let me assure you that working seven hours cooled my nerves ^-^.

Firstly, I was going through what would happen if my theory proved true. If it was true, SDG would assume their work against Ansem restored them and they would not be scattered across different realms like you said due to Yen Sid saying they would go back to their original places if restored to the Realm of Light. I wasn't trying to make it sound like Yen Sid was saying that would happen if EotW was was destroyed so again, I'm sorry and I should've been more descriptive.

Ah, I see what you were saying now... or at least, most of it. Are you saying that Yen Sid's words are proof of the worlds in question not being scattered throughout the different realms? Don't get me wrong, I realize that the writers would use an intelligent character in an attempt to explain things canonically, but I find it difficult to believe that a character would know for sure what happened to the worlds in question unless something like the EotW had formed in the past, and as far as I am aware, it has not.

I wrote AMR would somehow bring them back because if my theory holds true than we don't know the PROCESS of bringing them back.

I agree that we do not know the process of bringing those summon characters and their respective worlds back into the Realm of Light, but connections have shown in canon to be extremely powerful when between friends, such as D-Links and those bottle messages (though I would say the D-Link connections are more straight-forward and stronger than the latter example). And since we have that concept of very powerful/strong connections, it's possible to theorize the process is as simple as the process of obtaining D-Links.

As for Bambi and Dumbo, that was my opinion getting in the way of what worlds we could encounter in BBSV2 and I agree that even they might be restored or even sent to sleep. But I did not say my opinion was true, I brought back that quote because I didn't understand what you were trying to say and felt that I needed further elaboration and brought back the quote.

Oh. Sorry. I guess it threw me off a bit what with their status as opinions ^-^. Moving on...

Lastly, I was trying to explain why the fallen worlds would go back to the Realm of Light and not scattered around different realms like you claimed if my theory proved false. I wasn't switching sides on what I thought was true or not, I was only merely explaining how situation would be solved from both sides of whether my theory was true or not.

So, wait, I thought you said that some worlds, such as Traverse Town, went to sleep (or rather, the Realm of Sleep), while others, like Castle of Dreams (and you theorized that Beast's Castle and Land of Dragons), went to the Realm of Darkness. Then you theorized that Aqua and Co. (assuming there would be other playable characters in BbSv2) would somehow restore (for example) Castle of Dreams (and Beast's Castle and Land of Dragons, etc.) and other worlds in the Realm of Darkness. Then you theorized that Sora and Riku would restore worlds in the Realm of Sleep to the Realm of Light similarly to how Aqua and Co. had during the timeline before KH2.

Is that right? Because I was saying that the dismantling (again, if it's "destroyed," then so are its parts) of the EotW had scattered its parts to more than one Realm (such as the Realms of Darkness, Light, and Sleep), which seems to agree with what you said when you said:
When Sora beat Ansem and EotW was destroyed, SDG had literally no idea what would happen. While they probably think they freed the worlds, let's look at another perspective. What if they accidentally plunged them into sleep instead? You see, EotW was made up of fragments of destroyed worlds and the waste created by Heartless. Since it was destroyed, maybe the remnants were destroyed too, which shattered the hearts of these Worlds and plunged them into sleep, which ties in similarly to Ventus' situation when destroying the X-Blade.​
I mean, we've seen certain worlds that had previously fallen to Darkness in the Realm of Light, restored (such as Pride Lands and Land of Dragons; here, I am basically ignoring any theory and using what we canonically know), and if those worlds in fact went from the EotW into the Realm of Light and if other worlds went into the Realm of Sleep, isn't that the same as scattering to more than one Realm?

Crazy Mario

Thanks for the understanding! Anyways, as for the whole realm scattering situation, it turns out I misunderstood you the whole time actually! I thought you were trying to say that they were scattered when they were restored, not when they were engulfed by darkness again. I'm deeply sorry for the whole situation, this is practically the dumbest debate I've ever had (problem-wise) with someone, so I'm really sorry.

Further, your theory on what kind of power could bring them back has sparked a new theory in my brain! Remember when Sora showed such a strong heart with light that it opened the Door to Light in the Realm of Darkness? Well let's say somebody like Simba for example exhibits great strength of heart when you come and stand up to the realm's darkness. Perhaps this inspires multiple Door to Lights that bring that world back to the Realm of Light, while if a certain individual resident shows great courage, they turn into a summon gem and are transported also!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It does sound like a reasonable idea that there'd be a precise reason for which worlds went to RoS & which didn't. Actually I've been suspecting CoD/ED/DW being in RoS & BBSv2 being the R/R of DDD instead of a separate game. I mean really, when Nintendo handhelds are getting the mainline games where exactly does one put a recycled worlds side game nowadays?

Last edited:

Crazy Mario

Jumpman is actually Mario's father, not Mario himself. Oh wait, you meant your theories.

It does sound like a reasonable idea that there'd be a precise reason for which worlds went to RoS & which didn't. Actually I've been suspecting CoD/ED/DW being in RoS & BBSv2 being the R/R of DDD instead of a separate game. I mean really, when Nintendo handhelds are getting the mainline games where exactly does one put a recycled worlds side game nowadays?
Firstly, BEST COMMENT OF THE YEAR! Secondly, I'm glad to see someone having the same thoughts about the worlds taken by darkness. However, if BBSV2 is announced, it WILL be a another game because Nomura already said that two games besides KH3 are in development and KH3D is already one of them. Since the only plot holes that need to be filled are Aqua, Mickey, and Riku's absence in the Realm of Darkness and BBSV2's teaser showed Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, then that means it has to another game. I'm not really sure why everyone is so hesitant about something this obvious...

Janus Q

i always thought of the same thing. it's true that some worlds were destroyed by the darkness, but by looking at the Castle of Dreams seen in the secret trailer we could think that some worlds were able to stay in tact due to their link with strong hearts or their link to the princesses of heart. So we could assume that Cinderella's link with Castle of Dreams could be keeping it together while it is trapped in darkness for a period of time. you'd have to assume that the darkness would still want to tear it apart, so maybe a link to residents with strong hearts or being linked to the Princesses of Heart could be keeping the world together while it is in darkness for now.

if we apply this theory to other worlds we could say that characters with strong hearts could keep the worlds together temporarily and fend them from the darkness for a period of time before succumbing to the darkness.

and when Aqua is traveling through the darkness she must help cast the world from darkness back into the light. however because she is not a resident of these worlds she cannot travel with them on their way back to the light. so restoring each world could give her a parting gift of light in order to sustain her mind and body in the darkness for a bit longer. so in order for her to get back to the realm of light she must find her own way or have a link to someone in the light in order to bring her back.

this is simply a personal theory as to how BBSV2 could go in my opinion. throw in a couple of dark moogles who sell her supplies and it could work.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
However, if BBSV2 is announced, it WILL be a another game because Nomura already said that two games besides KH3 are in development and KH3D is already one of them. Since the only plot holes that need to be filled are Aqua, Mickey, and Riku's absence in the Realm of Darkness and BBSV2's teaser showed Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, then that means it has to another game. I'm not really sure why everyone is so hesitant about something this obvious...
I can name another gap in the plot...
SunsetHorizons-KeybladeGraveyard.jpg

"We know so little about the Keyblade War—only that it was just the beginning."

Alternatively, Dissidia: Kingdom Hearts. Disney never actually rejected the concept, Square assumed they would. Perhaps this was 1 of the things Nomura talked with Disney about at that E3 meeting.

While v2 could theoretically could a standalone game, I have my doubts from a business/marketing viewpoint. It was ok for CoM to have recycled worlds because it was game boy & not PS2, Days/Coded were ok because it was DS & not PSP. Now there's the 3DS that's getting a main game. This begs the question: what is now the "lesser" platform that side games would go on? iPad? XBLA? Kinect?! I've actually put a lot of thought into how v2 would work as a Kinect game but I doubt anyone cares to hear it Would anyone here be perfectly fine with those options?

& let's not kid ourselves in thinking v2 will be a main game with 6 worlds that are all repeats.

Crazy Mario

I can name another gap in the plot...
SunsetHorizons-KeybladeGraveyard.jpg

"We know so little about the Keyblade War—only that it was just the beginning."

Alternatively, Dissidia: Kingdom Hearts. Disney never actually rejected the concept, Square assumed they would. Perhaps this was 1 of the things Nomura talked with Disney about at that E3 meeting.

While v2 could theoretically could a standalone game, I have my doubts from a business/marketing viewpoint. It was ok for CoM to have recycled worlds because it was game boy & not PS2, Days/Coded were ok because it was DS & not PSP. Now there's the 3DS that's getting a main game. This begs the question: what is now the "lesser" platform that side games would go on? iPad? XBLA? Kinect?! I've actually put a lot of thought into how v2 would work as a Kinect game but I doubt anyone cares to hear it Would anyone here be perfectly fine with those options?

& let's not kid ourselves in thinking v2 will be a main game with 6 worlds that are all repeats.
There are still worlds they can introduce though like Bambi and Dumbo since their worlds were swallowed by darkness. I don't really think assuming whether it be a main/side game before it will be released on is honestly smart with the limited information we have, in fact it's it's kind of ignorant. As for console, you know it's gonna be the Vita.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
However, if BBSV2 is announced, it WILL be a another game because Nomura already said that two games besides KH3 are in development and KH3D is already one of them. Since the only plot holes that need to be filled are Aqua, Mickey, and Riku's absence in the Realm of Darkness and BBSV2's teaser showed Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, then that means it has to another game. I'm not really sure why everyone is so hesitant about something this obvious...

I agree with MATGSY on the whole Keyblade War being another gap in the plot thing. And if we get a game showing Mickey and Riku's time in the Realm of Darkness, then I'd much rather it explain some things like what we already talked about (i.e. the fallen worlds returning to the Realm of Light) than just them fighting their way through hordes of--

Wait, Reverse/Rebirth showed us that Riku and Mickey got separated early on in their "time in the Realm of Darkness." So they really wouldn't be in the game; it'd most likely be just Aqua soloing it out with whatever characters have strong enough hearts to survive the Realm of Darkness.

Or that said "6 worlds" are just a fraction of the other worlds we could find in the Realm of Darkness before KH1 and/or KH2.

Crazy Mario

I agree with MATGSY on the whole Keyblade War being another gap in the plot thing. And if we get a game showing Mickey and Riku's time in the Realm of Darkness, then I'd much rather it explain some things like what we already talked about (i.e. the fallen worlds returning to the Realm of Light) than just them fighting their way through hordes of--

Wait, Reverse/Rebirth showed us that Riku and Mickey got separated early on in their "time in the Realm of Darkness." So they really wouldn't be in the game; it'd most likely be just Aqua soloing it out with whatever characters have strong enough hearts to survive the Realm of Darkness.

Or that said "6 worlds" are just a fraction of the other worlds we could find in the Realm of Darkness before KH1 and/or KH2.
Nomura already confirmed we won't go any further into the past than BBS in the Xehanort Saga, so BBS-KH1 is the only gap that needs to be filled. As for your second explanation about Mickey and Riku, the former has been traveling since before KH1 in the Realm of Darkness and coded actually revealed that Mickey was there in Traverse Town when Sora began his journey. This is really hinting towards him having some questions that need to be solved in a new game and we all know that when Nomura hints something, it's likely to bring out some game of some sort. Riku is the only one I'm worried we won't play as, but since Nomura said that Riku's absence is a time that might be explained, there's still hope.

Janus Q

alternate universe or parrelel dimension, or it could just be a dream of mickey, or another point in Mickey's time before he became King, like Timeless River level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back