• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theories on Terra, Aqua and Ven's connection to Sora, Kairi and Riku.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
I would really love for it to be explained, instead of just saying that's how it is. Like, Where did he get another keyblade or, how can he split WtD in half? As well as, why can't sora split his keyblades in half?

Sora can split his Keyblades in half, or did you just not use any Drive Form at all while playing KH2? He's dual-wielding there. One half gets to keep the original Keychain, and the other half gets a different one.

How come WtD changed to the one Kairi used when Riku gave half to Kairi, if that is indeed what he did?

Because, as far as we know, when you split a Keyblade, you can't split the Keychain.
Riku's half of the WtD kept the WtD keychain.
The half that Kairi took had a keychain forged from Riku's memories of Destiny Islands slapped on.

Has there ever been a theory about feelings for someone or the strength of a heart manifesting into a Keyblade, even temporarily?

I don't know if there's been a theory about that specifically, but I know there's been a theory about Ven's soul being in the KK.

It would maybe explain why Kairi was able to wield due to a possibility that in every heart is a keyblade, and the person whose heart it is can't summon it without help from an actual keyblade wielder or doesn't even know it's there. It's a little far-fetched, and isn't very thought out but still...

Kairi's able to wield because Riku said she could.

Just like how Riku was able to wield the Oblivion in his fight against Roxas. Roxas threw him the Keyblade, gave him permission to wield it, and it stayed. Until Roxas called it back.

williams358/2

Sora can split his Keyblades in half, or did you just not use any Drive Form at all while playing KH2? He's dual-wielding there. One half gets to keep the original Keychain, and the other half gets a different one.

No i used drive forms, trust me. :)
I just didn't know that it was common knowledge that the keyblade splits in half, instead of the wielder just summoning another keyblade. Which seems to make more sense considering that there are quite a few keyblades out there.

Muse

you look atrocious
No i used drive forms, trust me. :)
I just didn't know that it was common knowledge that the keyblade splits in half, instead of the wielder just summoning another keyblade. Which seems to make more sense considering that there are quite a few keyblades out there.

Keyblade chooses its Master.

And I doubt that Sora has two Keyblades choosing him to be their Master.

Muse

you look atrocious
Have any proof that two keyblades can't have the same master?

Did I ever said that Keyblades can't share a Master? No, I didn't. Reread my post and see what I said.

I said that I doubted (keyword: doubted) that two Keyblades ever chose Sora to be their Master. Am I correct in this? Possibly. Who knows? They might have. I, however, am doubtful that they did.

Reading things thoroughly is a good thing, children. ;)

williams358/2

Did I ever said that Keyblades can't share a Master? No, I didn't. Reread my post and see what I said.

I said that I doubted (keyword: doubted) that two Keyblades ever chose Sora to be their Master. Am I correct in this? Possibly. Who knows? They might have. I, however, am doubtful that they did.

Reading things thoroughly is a good thing, children. ;)

You sank my battle-ship.

..but why do you doubt this?

Muse

you look atrocious
You sank my battle-ship.

..but why do you doubt this?

Because it would be stupid. :/

And we have nothing suggesting that that's even possible. The closest thing we have is Riku with the WtD and the KK, but the thing is, while the KK originally chose Riku as its Wielder, it later changed its mind and chose Sora instead. The WtD chose Riku as its Wielder after it had evolved from the Soul Eater over the course of KH2. So, Riku was chosen by two different Keyblades, but at different time intervals, so there's nothing to prove that one can be chosen by two Keyblades at the same time.

Unless I'm missing something.

Muse

you look atrocious
And a splitting a Keyblade makes more sense?

But we already have the Keyblade getting split in two confirmed.

What we don't have confirmed are two Keyblades choosing the same master at the same time.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Araliya said:
But we already have the Keyblade getting split in two confirmed.

What we don't have confirmed are two Keyblades choosing the same master at the same time.

We do? Could you post the interview/Another Report segment that confirmed this?

Muse

you look atrocious
However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater’s transfer and occurence, as well as Riku’s handing it to Kairi.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If that's your source, then you just negated your own point in this conversation..

I think she meant more -

However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater’s transfer and occurence, as well as Riku’s handing it to Kairi.

Ok I know that's what she meant.
Riku handed it to Kairi - what did he hand? The Soul Eater. Hence.

I could say that with the theories about the Origin of Duel Wielding saying that Riku and Sora can Duel Wield thanks to XH and Ven you're partially correct... but then again it's still one Keyblade choosing one Master, and Riku and Sora simply have parts of other chosen beings inside them so they can latch onto those abilites.
And when we have, as the lovely Araliya quoted, Nomura saying that what Riku gave Kairi was in fact, for all purposes and intent, the Soul Eater, namely, his WtD - which is his own Keyblade. So no. One Keyblade chooses one Master. And going by the KK and WtD, you'd think that if one Keyblade chooses someone, it means another won't because of preferences or what not, seeing how the KK chose Sora, and the WtD didn't choose Riku until his character development and growth came to an end.
So yey.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I spoke to some language experts.
They say that the 'it' in that sentance isn't necessarilly
refering to the Way to Dawn, especially because of
the preceeding sentences and format of that segment
of Another Report.

Muse

you look atrocious
If that's your source, then you just negated your own point in this conversation..

Nomura actually said that Riku hands Kairi the Soul Eater, which is what Riku still continued to call his Keyblade up to that point.

So, if Riku hands her his Keyblade, and yet he still has his, what does this mean?

Either there are two different Keyblades both named Soul Eater or

Riku split his Keyblade in half and gave it to Kairi.

of Another Report.

Yeah, and I've got a quote from bittermeat that says pratically the same as what I quoted.

However, there isn't a detailed explanation about the origin of Soul Eater or Kairi receiving it from Riku.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
KoV said:
of Another Report.

And I spoke to an expect called bittermeats. Who is a bit more available and reliable than your unknown sources.
This reminds me of the person who doubted this sentence and went to get confirmation the 'it' was about the Gayblade.
He never came back.

williams358/2

Nomura actually said that Riku hands Kairi the Soul Eater, which is what Riku still continued to call his Keyblade up to that point.

So, if Riku hands her his Keyblade, and yet he still has his, what does this mean?

Either there are two different Keyblades both named Soul Eater or

Riku split his Keyblade in half and gave it to Kairi.

Yeah, and I've got a quote from bittermeat that says pratically the same as what I quoted.

Or maybe the soul eater never changed and riku obtained WtD somewhere else. So giving kairi the soul eater would still allot him the WtD.

Is there confirmation of the soul eater changing into WtD?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Or maybe the soul eater never changed and riku obtained WtD somewhere else. So giving kairi the soul eater would still allot him the WtD.

Is there confirmation of the soul eater changing into WtD?

Riku called the WtD "Soul Eater" in-game. I think that's as much confirmation as anyone'd ever need.
And of course we have Nomura talking about the Soul Eater when asked about Riku's Keyblade when we know the SE isn't one. Oh, and, ha ha, handing the Soul Eater to Kairi. Now when did Riku do that? Oh right. Duel Wielding. *slaps forehead*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back