• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Themed Design Challenge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

mouflon

Awards
Bit of an explanation:
A schoolfriend and I used to draw fanmade Pokémon based on different themes. One of us would pick a thematic word, we'd draw, then the other would pick the theme, etc. We could interpret the theme however we liked. Say we had the theme of 'light', we could interpret this as literal light or make a design based on divine/holy aspects, maybe make it a literal lamp monster, or even make a design that is as light (vs. heavy) as possible. When were we finished we'd then compare our designs to see how differently we'd interpreted the theme and how different our Pokémon were in regards to type, stats, etc.

I thought this would be a fun idea to do as a more general design challenge. Doesn't have to be Pokémon; it could be a character, weapon, creature, vehicle, whatever. Or we could make it something KH-related. It'd be non-competitive (no winners/prizes, you can skip any theme if you feel like it/don't have time), use any medium you want and put in as much detail as you like (so anything from a quick sketch to a full-blown painted canvas if you're inclined). I have some ideas as to how we could pick themes but I'd rather gauge interest first.

I just figured this would be something cool and fun to do together, maybe help people improve/get out of creative ruts and stuff! And personally it might get me to be more active here since my account is over two years old now yet I lurk 99.99% of the time, hurhurhur.

Back