• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theme of the series. (Days Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Nomura said:
The theme of the first game was connections of the heart, but what will the theme of KHII be?
Nomura: KH is different from Final Fantasy in that the same character is always the main character. As the title says, "connections of hearts" will be the theme. Since at the end of the first game there were a lot of promises made, the keyword this time it's "promises."

Kingdom Hearts 1. The theme of it was hearts...or rather, the connetion to the heart.
I've noticed a major change in the main focus of the series. As Nomura has said, KH1 was hearts, while KH2 was promises. With Memories being the most important thing in Chain of MEmories, I'm going to have to agree on memories being the theme of CoM.

In so far, that's not bad. But here comes Days, whose focus is also on memories.ell. Hell, there's a clone made of memories that take on the form of another memory.This is what Xion is, get over it.

Next we have BBS, which was brought up by KH2's ending trailer: The Gathering/Snset Horizons.
In it, the game is based around Xehanort's memories and his coming to be. There's also Ven, who may or may not be a memoriy. [Insert FFAC joke here now]I personally believe that Ven is a memory, or is directly intertwined with Sora's memory. That is to say that his physical form has been reduced to a form comprised solely of memories and implanted into Sora or placed somewhere where Sora would gain access to him. [Chamber of Repose?]

To bring this all to a close, say that the series is not where it used to be. It's theme has changed, and I wonder if that will stay in th future. What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:

αsiя

space coke
Re: Theme of the series.

Well isnt MX interested in PoH
the orginization's main goal was to get HEARTS
I dont think the series changed its theme that much but it did to another direction

Allister Rose

French Lover

Kingdom Hearts 1. The theme of it was hearts...or rather, the connetion to the heart.
I've noticed a major change in the main focus of the series. As Nomura has said, KH1 was hearts, while KH2 was promises. With Memories being the most important thing in Chain of MEmories, I'm going to have to agree on memories being the theme of CoM.

In so far, that's not bad. But here comes Days, whose focus is also on memories.ell. Hell, there's a clone made of memories that take on the form of another memory.This is what Xion is, get over it.

Next we have BBS, which was brought up by KH2's ending trailer: The Gathering/Snset Horizons.
In it, the game is based around Xehanort's memories and his coming to be. There's also Ven, who may or may not be a memoriy. [Insert FFAC joke here now]I personally believe that Ven is a memory, or is directly intertwined with Sora's memory. That is to say that his physical form has been reduced to a form comprised solely of memories and implanted into Sora or placed somewhere where Sora would gain access to him. [Chamber of Repose?]

To bring this all to a close, say that the series is not where it used to be. It's theme has changed, and I wonder if that will stay in th future. What do you all think?

why COM? what makes COM so special to rule out the other major games?

and i dont tihnk the focus will be on xehanort's memory, it will be a mystery solved.

I do believe that ven's memories were put in Sora, but i don't agree that he is only a memory

Last edited by a moderator:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

why COM? what makes COM so special to rule out the other major games?

and i dont tihnk the focus will be on xehanort's memory, it will be a mystery solved.

I do believe that ven's memories were put in Sora, but i don't agree that he is only a memory

I don't know. For some reason, I don't believe Ven's memories would work like that. Not sure. I also think that Ven being a memory is what allowed Xigbar to see Ven, through Ven connecting Xigbar's memories of Ven.

And CoM was aout memories. It's what made Sora forget about KAiri. It's where Namine was introduced, and memories being the bulk of her powers. It's called Chain of Memories.
Memories played more of a part in CoM than hearts did.

Allister Rose

French Lover

I don't know. For some reason, I don't believe Ven's memories would work like that. Not sure. I also think that Ven being a memory is what allowed Xigbar to see Ven, through Ven connecting Xigbar's memories of Ven.

And CoM was aout memories. It's what made Sora forget about KAiri. It's where Namine was introduced, and memories being the bulk of her powers. It's called Chain of Memories.
Memories played more of a part in CoM than hearts did.

yes yes i get that memories was important IN chain of memories, i just don't see how it overrules both the kh1 theme and kh2. both kh1 and kh2 had heart theme

and i think it could work. Maybe ven really did die, but instead of ven's memories in Sora, maybe someone's memories of ven inside sora.

just like days

Last edited:

Key of Valor

The Professor

Personally, I think the themes for each installment of the series is as follows:
BBS: Predetermined Fate
KH1: Connections of the Heart
CoM: Chains of Memories
Days: Search for Identity
KH2: Power of Promises
Coded: Forbidden Secrets

Memories play a key role in the series, but the heart itself always comes first in importance for each installment.

The theory about Ven being a memory sounds interesting. If Ven is indeed comprised of memories though, then where did he come from? And why would he be implanted into Sora?

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

I think Days had the same theme as CoM because they happened at the same time, so to speak, and two of the main characters were intimately linked because of memories. But, yeah. Taking Unversed into account, PoHs and then the new characters which are connected to the existing characters (i.e. Roxas looking like Ven), I think BbS has all three themes; respectively memories, hearts and connections of the heart.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

yes yes i get that memories was inportant IN chain ofmemories, i sjut dont see how it overrules bothe kh1 theme and kh2. both kh1 and kh2 had heart theme

But the theme of KH2 wasn't hearts. It was promises. Read the first quote.

and i think it could work. Maybe ven really did die, but instead of ven's memories in Sora, maybe someone's memories of ven inside sora.

just like days

I get what you're going for, but that's different.

Xion is a clone made from Sora's memories that show his memories of Kairi.In this way, all aspects of memories and connections are of Sora's own being.

You're saying that Roxas' aethetic appearance has to do with someone else's memories of Ven. Only Roxas and Sora are connected in this scenario. The outside memories don't transmogrify [lol Captain Underpants] a Sora clone with the appearance of Ven into Roxas.

Coded: Forbidden Secrets
Holy shit. I forgot about that tagline. This one is actually confirmed though. Back when fans called the games:

KH Zero
CoM 2
and the third title I forgot.

Allister Rose

French Lover

But the theme of KH2 wasn't hearts. It was promises. Read the first quote.

I get what you're going for, but that's different.

Xion is a clone made from Sora's memories that show his memories of Kairi.In this way, all aspects of memories and connections are of Sora's own being.

You're saying that Roxas' aethetic appearance has to do with someone else's memories of Ven. Only Roxas and Sora are connected in this scenario. The outside memories don't transmogrify [lol Captain Underpants] a Sora clone with the appearance of Ven into Roxas.

not really, though i know you said the theme is promises realte to heart.

still i dont think ven is comprised of memory only, that would be odd, memories dont take physical form without a host

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

not really, though i know you said the theme is promises realte to heart.

Originally Posted by Nomura
The theme of the first game was connections of the heart, but what will the theme of KHII be?
Nomura: KH is different from Final Fantasy in that the same character is always the main character. As the title says, "connections of hearts" will be the theme. Since at the end of the first game there were a lot of promises made, the keyword this time it's "promises

still i dont think ven is comprised of memory only, that would be odd

Sora has a clone that's a girl. What's odd really isn't a fine debate point here.

memories dont take physical form without a host

Which is why someone's memory of Ven would not work. Although I do think that Ven's memory
could get the job done now that I think about it.

man kingdom hearts is very deep

If you call a puddle deep, then yes.

Grey

I actually like this idea. What if something happened to make everybody forget about Ven, and those memories of Ven were placed within Sora (for whatever reason), which manifested into Roxas? It also ties in with the theory that a Memory allows Keyblade wielding--Roxas has the Memories for Keyblade-wielding.

... though I don't get why the Memories would go to Roxas in the first place. Then again, I don't understand why Nobodies have Memories at all, considering that Memories are contained within the Heart, which the conventional Nobody lacks.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

I actually like this idea. What if something happened to make everybody forget about Ven, and those memories of Ven were placed within Sora (for whatever reason), which manifested into Roxas? It also ties in with the theory that a Memory allows Keyblade wielding--Roxas has the Memories for Keyblade-wielding.

Or maybe Roxas could because Sora could?

... though I don't get why the Memories would go to Roxas in the first place. Then again, I don't understand why Nobodies have Memories at all, considering that Memories are contained within the Heart, which the conventional Nobody lacks.

They transfer over to the nobody.

Allister Rose

French Lover

memories only give heart physical form,

i'm going to say that ven's memories werent in a form of a chain inside sora so when sora became a heartless and turned back to nomrla all the memories went back into him, so what memories was roxas left with? the oens of ven, but of course since they are not chained together, he cannot remember those memories

A

Audo

Technically speaking none of those things are themes... A theme can't be expressed in a single word. "Hearts", "Memories", "Promises", "Friends" -- these things aren't themes. If anything they're more like motifs...

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Nicely worded. But be that as it may, the overall intention of this thread is clear. With that said, shutthefkup

Why are you acting like Silh now?

A

Audo

Nicely worded. But be that as it may, the overall intention of this thread is clear. With that said, shutthefkup

Why are you acting like Silh now?
I haven't a clue what Silh acts like since I don't pay much attention at all to him, so, I can't really answer that for you.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Um, don't worry about that. Still knee jerk reactons from old me. I'm trying to be good now.

Anyway, your wording inrigues me. But have you noticed the drastic change in motifs from KH1 to Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back