• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~*~The Zemyx Fanclub~*~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberVIII

~*~The Zemyx Fanclub~*~

zemyxfc.jpg

Reasons why we love Zemyx:
1. Because opposites attract.
2. Because they look adorable together.
3. They're different enough that they compliment each other, but not so opposite that they'd never get along.
4. Even though we don't see them interact in the games, doesn't mean they never ever talk, ever.
5. They have more in common than you might think.
6. Because, contrary to popular belief, Demyx is not a bubbly hyper crazy excitable glomping machine, nor is he a whiny lazy brat, and Zexion is not a silent emo kid.
7. Because the World that Never Was is an awfully lonely place.

A Dissertation on Zemyx
Not written by me, but certainly an interesting read which gives the pairing legitimacy:
khyaoi: A Dissertation on Zemyx

Members:
NumberVIII*
UmbraTsuki
june
1skyxonedestiny
Lifes.Lover
owlpostagain
Crimson

Affiliates:
Zexion Fanclub
Demyx Fanclub

FanArt

Zemyx_Print_Club_by_Kuroda_Kumiko.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

FanFiction
Physiology
Heart and Soul
Shout!
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying
Rapture Tastes So Sweet

So, maybe I'm gonna be the only member of this fanclub. Or, maybe we'll get lucky and we'll make it to a whopping 5 members. But I think Zemyx is a sweet pairing, and I felt bad seeing a hate club made for it without a fan club to counter it. So, here you go. Give Zemyx a chance! :3​

Last edited:

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
1. Because opposites attract.
They're polar opposites. Zexion basically shot this down himself in days, when he was with roxas on his mission. He basically scolded roxas for not going beyond the call of duty. What do you think he'd think of a guy who abandons people on their missions? (Think of that one mission where Demyx abandoned roxas while roxas had to fight in a tournyment)
Infact, Im goign to bring something up here... *runs off for a minute*

Spoiler Spoiler Show

2. Because they look adorable together.
Whatever you say.
3. Because they compliment each other nicely and make a good foil for the other.
Huh?
4. Because even though we don't see them interact in the games, doesn't mean they never ever talk, ever.
Well obviously every Organization 13 member has talked to each other. So your point is....?
5. Because they have more in common than you might think.
Give me an example.
6. Because, contrary to popular belief, Demyx is not a bubbly hyper crazy excitable glomping machine, nor is he a whiny lazy brat, and Zexion is not a silent emo kid.
But Demyx still abandons his partners in missions.

And zexion is an intellectual, to use a proper term. Not emo or silent in any way. (R/R shot down the silence SERIOUSLY)

So your point saying that is...?
7. Because the World that Never Was is an awfully lonely place.
... And your point is?

And btw, did you want affliation with the zexion FC?

NumberVIII

They're polar opposites. Zexion basically shot this down himself in days, when he was with roxas on his mission. He basically scolded roxas for not going beyond the call of duty. What do you think he'd think of a guy who abandons people on their missions? (Think of that one mission where Demyx abandoned roxas while roxas had to fight in a tournyment)
Infact, Im goign to bring something up here... *runs off for a minute*

First of all, this is the Zemyx fanclub. If you want to disprove my reasons, do it in the hate club. Thanks. :)

Second of all, I'm gonna quote myself quoting the Zemyx dissertation which is in the OP (which I think you should read):

[Zexion] is often stereotyped as expressly emo; quiet, angsty, and emotional. This, as most of us know, is not the case.

Zexion, for all appearances, is the quiet sort. That is to say, he’d be more likely to listen than to speak. This is not to imply that he never talks; any of us who’ve played Chain of Memories know that when given a topic, he has no shortage of things to say.

Yeah, everyone tends to stereotype Zexion as the quiet, emo one who doesn't talk EVER and pulls away from everybody. Which, we all know is clearly not true.

Now, on the other hand...

Because of his inherent dorkiness, however, the Organization’s number nine is too often portrayed as a sugar-high idiot in a great amount of fanfiction. Let it be said now: Demyx is not. Never do we see him glomping anyone, or shouting for no apparent reason, or breaking into random fits of exuberance. Firstly, it’s unlikely that Xemnas would see any use for one such as that. More than likely, if Demyx really were the imbecilic prankster he’s so often portrayed as, the Superior would have turned him into a Dusk far before the events of Kingdom Hearts II ever occurred. Remember, Demyx is a Nobody, which means that the heart of his Other was obviously strong enough to support the transformation, and he has never shown himself to be incompetent. I doubt Xemnas would suffer anyone who was.

It's true; go on deviant art or fanfiction.net and almost every Demyx you see is like some crazy psycho hyper giggly glomping machine. He's not. He may be a little dorky in the game, like the quote says, reading off a notecard when he finds Sora in the underworld, but he's not insanely hyper.

I would say those two points alone helps disprove some of their opposite-ness. Most people think that Zexion is a quiet little emo kid who sits in the corner and reads his books, while Demyx is a crazy excitable ball of joy bouncing around the castle and glomping everyone he sees. THOSE descriptions are polar opposites. But they're not like that.

Also, a little more:

I read in the Zemyx HC that Zexion wouldn't respect Demyx because Demyx has a lousy work ethic or something like that just cause he doesn't like to fight. Well, here's what I say to that:

Zexion is also the type who does not much like getting his hands dirty. His focus is on manipulation, and he is damn good at it. He is never fought in the original Chain of Memories for this specific reason; he’d much rather rely on wits and intelligence than violence. Remember, though - this is not to say that Zexion is weak.

Gee, Zexion doesn't like to fight? That sounds a lot like Demyx...

However, all foolishness aside, Demyx is no weakling. Yes, he at first seems such; defeating water clones in a specified amount of time is not quite one’s image of an epic battle. In fact, he spends much of his time insisting that he is the ‘wrong guy for this.’ Demyx obviously does not enjoy battle. He seems more the type who’d prefer and excel at reconnaissance; he was, after all, able to steal the Olympus Stone from under Hercules’s nose, and was able to travel the belly of the Underworld fairly unnoticed.

This, though, does not mean he is weak. Admittedly lighthearted, yes, and quite probably a bit of a scaredy-cat, if the way he was running is any indication. But weak? Nuh uh.

The little bastard killed me four times before I was able to kick his ass, and even then it’s only ‘cause I went and leveled up. Now, I did not die four times and spend an hour trying to strengthen Sora up only to have someone call Demyx weak.

It would do one well, in other words, to remember that They-picked-the-wrong-guy-for-this!Demyx is the same person as Silence-traitor!Demyx. Demyx is less uptight than other members of the Organization. This does not mean that he is weak, or even that he is a bubbling ray of sunshine. He is a Nobody who, when he discovered that persuasion would not work on Sora, shrugged off his more jovial side and fought with all the cold precision of any Organization member. He is just as competent as he is optimistic, and he proves this well before he is defeated.

Demyx is not weak, and Demyx is not incompetent. He still works hard, and seems to be good at recon, and things like getting the Olympus stone. Maybe he just doesn't like to fight. Maybe he'd rather just get his mission done and avoid conflict. Maybe, and this is speculation, but maybe there's a good reason, like he had a near-death experience in a battle and would do anything to avoid being put in that situation again. That's why, in Days, he leaves the fighting part to Roxas. But that doesn't mean he's lazy or weak or dumb. Please, go play the Demyx battle again if you believe that.

tl;dr: Zexion and Demyx are not polar way-too-opposite opposites

And btw, did you want affliation with the zexion FC?

That'd be great. :)

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Gee, Zexion doesn't like to fight? That sounds a lot like Demyx...
no, we meant not getting his hands dirty in fights in the organization itself.
Demyx is not weak, and Demyx is not incompetent. He still works hard, and seems to be good at recon, and things like getting the Olympus stone. Maybe he just doesn't like to fight. Maybe he'd rather just get his mission done and avoid conflict. Maybe, and this is speculation, but maybe there's a good reason, like he had a near-death experience in a battle and would do anything to avoid being put in that situation again. That's why, in Days, he leaves the fighting part to Roxas. But that doesn't mean he's lazy or weak or dumb. Please, go play the Demyx battle again if you believe that.
*runs off to find quote itself from the game to prove this wrong*

I would say those two points alone helps disprove some of their opposite-ness. Most people think that Zexion is a quiet little emo kid who sits in the corner and reads his books, while Demyx is a crazy excitable ball of joy bouncing around the castle and glomping everyone he sees. THOSE descriptions are polar opposites. But they're not like that.
Your source is wrong :)

and ya ya, go add it up. :(

NumberVIII

no, we meant not getting his hands dirty in fights in the organization itself.

...what are you talking about? o.0

*runs off to find quote itself from the game to prove this wrong*

Go ahead, I'd like to see it.

Your source is wrong :)

Is it? How so?

and ya ya, go add it up. :(

Thanks, will do. :)

Also, like I said earlier, the fanclub isn't the place to disprove the pairing. That's what your hateclub is for.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Well, that's about enough of that. Keep your hate in your HC, and your love in your FC.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Is it? How so?
Nobody I've talked to has said he's an emo kid. :) They all in fact, think differently than that. :)

And besides, the point that both different than a glomping machine or an emo, adds nothing to your argument, at all.

...what are you talking about? o.0
Fights happening between the organization members.

Demyx: We're out on heart collection today, right? Sigh... I'm so not
cut out for combat. Would it kill them to give me a recon mission or...
I don't know, something un-violent?

Roxas (thinking): The Coliseum's our best bet for finding a whole pack
of Heartless at once.

(He stops looking at the Coliseum and turns to Demyx)

Roxas: Follow me, Demyx.

(Roxas leads him to the Lobby entrance)

Roxas: We'll find the Heartless in here.

Demyx: Okay, right on... Ooh, but should we just go waltzing in?
Won't someone see?

Roxas: Don't worry. We'll just say you're another aspiring hero here
for some training. Trust me, it'll be fine.

Demyx: Wait, training!? That sounds like work, which means sweating.
Which is gross.

Roxas: It's that, or stay out here.

Demyx: Hmm, actually... Yeah!

Roxas: What?

Demyx: We'll split up! And, uh...form two strike forces! I'll handle the
Heartless out here. You take the ones inside. Covering a broader range
means more efficient collection, right?

Roxas: I guess?

Demyx (thinking): And while you collect those hearts, maybe I can collect
some Z's...

Roxas: What's the matter?

Demyx: Nothing! Well, good luck in there, Roxas.
(Roxas defeats seven Heartless as ordered)

Roxas: All done. I defeated the number of Heartless you said. Now we get to
RTC, right?

Zexion: Leave, already? I, for one, would apply myself a bit more.

Roxas: But I--

Zexion: Yes, yes, you did as you were asked. Mission accomplished...but...

(A Yellow Opera Heartless appears)

Zexion: As you can plainly see, there are still Heartless wandering about.

(The Heartless vanishes)

Zexion: You don't have to eliminate them all. It's your choice. Just like I
don't have to respect you for slinking back to the castle while there's still
work to be done.
And if that doesn't matter to you, just remember the
Organization rewards those who make the extra effort.
:)

NumberVIII

Well, that's about enough of that. Keep your hate in your HC, and your love in your FC.

Btw, loving the sig. Quinn<3

Roa: Demyx doesn't like to fight, so he leaves the fighting in Days to Roxas. Perhaps not the best reaction. But he is very good at recon, and is able to steal the Olympus stone from right under Hades' nose. He complains but he still gets it done, and fights Sora, even though he doesn't want to. And then, like I said, take a look at the Demyx battle.

Last edited:

UmbraTsuki

Awards
So, maybe I'm gonna be the only member of this fanclub. Or, maybe we'll get lucky and we'll make it to a whopping 5 members. But I think Zemyx is a sweet pairing, and I felt bad seeing a hate club made for it without a fan club to counter it. So, here you go. Give Zemyx a chance! :3
I hope we get more than just 5 members...D:.

You did this to piss off the Zemyx hateclub didn't you

But Demyx still abandons his partners in missions.
We saw him abandon Roxas...once or twice. But that's not that much.

Nobody I've talked to has said he's an emo kid. :) They all in fact, think differently than that. :)

And besides, the point that both different than a glomping machine or an emo, adds nothing to your argument, at all.
LOTs of people consider Zexion an emo kid, and Demyx an extremely hyper kid. In that case, they would probably be incompatible. But they aren't actually like that--which is why it's a valid point to bring up.

Also, notice that Demyx abandoned the mission because it involved a lot of fighting. But it was one mission. With the recon missions, he'd probably not abandon them. As long as he could stay hidden.

Yayyy! :3

Welcome, UmbraTsuki!
Yay~ :D.

~Umbra~

NumberVIII

I hope we get more than just 5 members...D:.

I sure hope so too D:

We saw him abandon Roxas...once or twice. But that's not that much.

I think only once. And it's because he was put on a fighting mission. He's not a fighter. He does recon.

LOTs of people consider Zexion an emo kid, and Demyx an extremely hyper kid. In that case, they would probably be incompatible. But they aren't actually like that--which is why it's a valid point to bring up.

Exactly. Thank you.

Also, notice that Demyx abandoned the mission because it involved a lot of fighting. But it was one mission. With the recon missions, he'd probably not abandon them. As long as he could stay hidden.

See: Underworld, KH2

UmbraTsuki

Awards
So Umbra, seeing as you're the only member as of right now (D:), lemme ask you: Why do you like Zemyx? :)

We will get more members, eventually!
Umm...that's actually a hard question XD. I'm not good at coming up with reasons...but anyway.
I also think they would look cute together. Plus the fact that their personalities are that different makes it more...interesting. I don't really know what else to say...just the first time I heard about Zemyx I thought "They actually do seem like a good pairing...! *starts shipping*." Or something...:p.
What about you? :3.
~Umbra~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back