• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The year in review: How did you do?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

Hey so with 2014 coming to a close, many like to reflect on the pros and cons of the year passed.

What was your resolution? Did you achieve it?

What's your resolution next year?

Give a little summary celebrating it, or a rant cursing it. See you in 2015~

This year was decent for me. I couldn't keep my 2014 resolution which was to keep my promises, but I learned that I should not promise what I know I can't accomplish and that I can't please everyone.

I grew a lot as an artist this year and won a few awards and sold my first piece! And since I'm graduating I started to be more "adult" like and submit my resume for internships and jobs. I really feel like I pushed myself hard this year and achieved a lot of goals I set for myself.
Unfortunately one of my old friendships died because I was so busy and I couldn't be there as much as I use to be :/ BUT I strengthened my bonds with other people. I also stopped holding myself back for other people and stopped letting people walk over me which I'm really proud of.

Resolution for 2015: I've just got to learn to say "no" to things that I know deep down I can't do.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Ah, finally! I was hoping somebody would make a thread like this! As for myself, more of a mix of surprises, self discoveries and ect.

Surprises

1. I got to drink alcohol for the first time.
2. Went to two concerts. Saving Abel and Fall Out Boy.
3. Practiced driving. (Only once so far.)
4. Got to meet my boyfriend twice this year.
5. I've broken an actual rule. (I'm usually a goody two shoes.)
6. Gotten up early enough and started cooking supper more often.
7. Getting closer to finishing some of my education. (Arguably said, learning never really ends.)
8. PECAN PIE! (Had no idea that I liked it. xD)

Self Discoveries

I've learnt that I tried to jump ahead instead of doing things the right way. I was afraid of being left behind as everyone else figured out their career paths, and finished up another semester in college or was making a life for themselves. It wasn't until I realized how bad of an idea culinary school really was that my eyes were more opened up to what I was doing wrong. Therefore, I gave up on the resolution of going to culinary school in the fall. I do like cooking, but I don't think it's completely the right thing for me. Then there was the resolution of giving up my caffeine addiction to mountain dew. Yup, didn't last for more than a week at most. Then as fall came around, I realized their were some drawbacks from consuming so much of it... Learned my lesson there and I drink it more often in moderation now. There were a few other things I've wanted to accomplish in 2014, but never really acted on. And I haven't worked out much at all this year, which was new for me, since I usually care a lot about my weight.

Overall, I'd say 2014 has been the most thrilling and adventurous year I've had. I did a lot more than I expected to and learned new things along the way. I don't really have any complaints about it. Definitely better than 2013 in some ways.

2015 Resolution/Wishes

* The trip to New York. (Definitely going! Woot!)
* To say "Yes" instead of "No" more often.
* To visit my boyfriend.

To be honest, I won't be writing a whole lot of things down, because I rather not give myself pressure or standards to live up to. Since some things may change, while others will definitely happen. However, I enjoy seeing what others have in plan for this year, because it can be really inspiring. :) And well, I have a lot planned for this upcoming year too. I need to make some really big life time decisions and make some sacrifices that keep me holding me back. Plus, I think it's okay to start out small for the new year and learn new things along the way. Can't wait for the new year to start!

Last edited:

axel95

Awards
I don't make resolutions. If I want to change something about myself or how I live my life, I'll do it whenever I want to. With that being said, 2014 was a major year for me. I successfully finsihed my first year of college, and in that process, started to discover who I am and develop my own beliefs and opinions. I was raised in a strict Christian home, and until I left for college, I believed everything that my parents did. At college, I started to approach my faith in a more realistic way. I also discovered that I am more of an introvert. The other major thing that happened to me was that I deceided to not pursue a career in ministry. I always thought that since I knew a lot about my faith, that I was supposed to be a pastor or a missionary. But this summer, I realized that ministry isn't for me. Now I am a communications major and I'm looking at a career in journalism or human resources. And speaking of careers, I GOT MY FIRST JOB A FEW MONTHS AGO! It's a work study posistion in human resources at my university. I love it. It's mostly computer stuff, which I am good at. My boss is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, and I enjoy working for him. A lot of things in my life have changed this past year, and I can't say that I regret any of them. My life has changed directions, and I couldn't be happier.

WaveK89

For 2014: Lose weight. Take a break from my career aspirations.

I seem to do well losing weight until around May, then it all falls apart. In the past three years, I have yet to gain more weight, but merely gain back what I lost. I suppose that could be a positive thing.

I also took a complete break from programming and searching for a relevant job because I fell into a very dark place in my life last year. Unfortunately, taking this long of a break from programming really hurts me in getting a job. At least, I keep my sanity and life in check.

Surprise:

I made a friend which is extremely rare. I'm so used to shutting myself in my room after work. It's hard to say if having a friend is helping me. He's a very outgoing kind of guy and can pretty much chat up anyone. I'm the complete opposite, and I just sort of feel lost when we're in social situations. When we hang out one on one, it's fine. He's also bent on getting a girl for me which I'm not really looking for any romance right now. I mean, friends are rare for me, so how can I be expected to hold something more than a friend?

So for 2015:

1. Lose weight. Eating healthy isn't difficult for me, so I need to focus highly on exercise. I need to get back into my walks and weights which has proven quite effective before.

2. Get back into programming. This is going to be key if I'm ever going to get my foot in this career. Maybe I'll look into mobile development for Android or iOS.

3. Get a job in some form of software development. If anything, I can try to create my own app and try to make money this way. Anything to help me escape retail.

4. Find someway to be more of a friend rather than just having someone be a friend to me. The friend I mentioned before made a good point. He's always asking me to hang out, but I don't do the same to him. The simple reason is I have nothing in my life going on which warrants it. I suppose simply inviting him to my place is a start.

5. STOP OVER-THINKING. Honestly, I need to find some mental duct tape for my thoughts.

PrinceNaoto

2014 has been one hell of a ride for me. I live at home with my father whom I care for, in February he received a kidney transplant, throwing my whole world out of whack as I had to memorize medications, drive to doctors appointments, and make a few trips to the emergency room. The only thing I had hoped for from 2014, was to get a 4.0 in my classes at college. I got 2/3 of the way there, as I got a 3.7 instead, though I was still pleased. I also got to experience someone wanting to constantly take pictures of my cosplay at a con, which made me really happy.

As I go into 2015 I have a few things I'd like to hopefully accomplish;

• Get a job working at Mukogawa Fort Wright University working with the Japanese exchange students.
  • Work on getting that 4.0 that I've been trying for for at least three years.
  • Try to be more spiritual, and work on clearing my chakra's.
  • Learn another language if I can.
  • Get my AA and transfer overseas to Norway or Iceland for a few years to study.
  • Take the next steps to becoming an ESL teacher in South Korea.

Fortissimo

I'm loving this positive attitude. You're all magnificent for it ت i hope everything works out!

my career list for 2015 is pretty short but might be the most challenging

1. Get accepted for any internship for artistic restoration in Egypt for next year
2. Make a poop ton of work while I'm over there
3. Get accepted into my grad school of choice back in the states
***bonus***
get a big ol' scholarship

noxy

2014 involved a lot of big changes for me.

I've had to adjust to life without my mom while adjusting to living in NYC at the same time.

I did manage to cut back a lot on drinking (it was getting out of hand pretty bad for awhile).

I haven't really changed much, other than being more depressed than usual (I'm just really good at hiding it). Haven't lost weight, none of that.

Got my boxer puppy, Penny, but she likes my bf more than me so that sucks.

2015, I do plan on losing weight. I'm tired of looking the way I do and being miserable about it. The good thing is, my bf HAS to go on a diet as well (not cuz he's overweight, he's not. He has really high bad cholesterol), so maybe that will help me.

I also am going to watch our finances more closely and actually put money into savings. We wanna move back to Nashville & buy a house when he's done with school, so that's a huge priority.

I'd like to pay off all the money I still owe to get my license back & get that situation fixed. We'll see.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Well, I'm moving to Japan next Spring as a teacher.

So I'd say this year went pretty well overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back