• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The X's in organization

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Actually, maybe Xemnas did develop some way of tracking the members of the Organization. It would explain how the Organization found the data Twilight Town so quickly.

Ya know this could work out to Sora's advantage.

Kairi: Oh Sora i got this brand new bra with x shaped straps.

Sora: O.O Oh no! Kairi we need to rip that off of you before Xehanort can track you down!

*Sora rips her bra off*

Sora: There we go, you're safe. And may I just say you've certainly grown since we were little kids. *Grins like a pervert*

Kairi: Don't look! I'm a princess of heart, i'm supposed to be pure.

Sora laughs: Yeah right, you may have been born with a pure heart but your mind aint so pure, sweetheart.

*Xehanort watches from afar*

Xehanort: I don't know, little girls never did it for me. Boys are far more interesting.

Braiganort: That explains sooooo much, old man.

Funny stuff!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Perhaps unintentional, but a good point nonetheless... Is every "X" mark the mark of heresy? Somehow I'm not thinking that's the case

I have also already pointed this out earlier. Young MX nowhere indicates that every "X" is a Mark of Heresy that allows Xehanort to track his toys/pawns whatever. He spoke specifically of Sora's DDD clothes and pointed at them.
Riku's DDD clothes changed apparently due to him becoming a spirit-Dream Eater to combat Sora's nightmares while Sora's clothes were crafted/changed by Ansem SoD and Young MX. They both even wonder why their clothes changed, as in the Destiny Islands segment (which is already the RoS) they have their normal KH1-clothing.
The "X"-zipper on Roxas' jacket was more reminiscent of the top of the Nobody-symbol and perhaps a throwback to the X-blade, which was also the reason for the "X" in every Org-members name.
TAV's straps on the other hand where given to them by Eraqus, not by MX. It's clearly seeable in the Flashback when MX brings young Ventus to Eraqus.
Terra and Aqua already have their "X-straps" despite Xehanort seeing them for the first time and Ventus despite being with MX for a long time up to then has actually none. He has his black and white jacket with the red pleated collar but no "X-straps". He only gets those after Eraqus accepted him as his pupil.

So I would say as well that designating every "X" as a Mark of Heresy-tracking device of Xehanort is a bit hasty.

MasterZeR0

I hate the horrid comparison. He's not making himself immortal, he's splitting his heart to take over other vessels, making more Xehanorts. They're not the same, it's ridiculous.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How did this game go from star wars to Harry potter?

The moment Xehanort started making everybody a piece of him rofl.

I hate the horrid comparison. He's not making himself immortal, he's splitting his heart to take over other vessels, making more Xehanorts. They're not the same, it's ridiculous.

Pray tell, why is he making more vessels? What is he seeking? To "see what lies beyond the Keyblade War"? To make light and darkness balanced? Those are just fancy ways of him hiding the fact he wants to become a god and live forever, shape history however he wants it, see all the possibilities of what could be done under his influence. Timeless and eternal.

If it's a mark of heresy, would that mean only those who have darkness in them have an X?

Doubt it works that way. Ventus had no Darkness after Xehanort split his heart in half, and yet he was still marked and was even used to create the X-Blade.

flurryflames

The "X"-zipper on Roxas' jacket was more reminiscent of the top of the Nobody-symbol and perhaps a throwback to the X-blade, which was also the reason for the "X" in every Org-members name.
TAV's straps on the other hand where given to them by Eraqus, not by MX. It's clearly seeable in the Flashback when MX brings young Ventus to Eraqus.
Terra and Aqua already have their "X-straps" despite Xehanort seeing them for the first time and Ventus despite being with MX for a long time up to then has actually none. He has his black and white jacket with the red pleated collar but no "X-straps". He only gets those after Eraqus accepted him as his pupil.

So I would say as well that designating every "X" as a Mark of Heresy-tracking device of Xehanort is a bit hasty.

Didn't Diz come up with Roxas jacket design when he trapped him in the twilight town? I think the X was a coincidence in that case because he didn't want Roxas to know his true origins. Sora wears the X design on his clothes which was desgined by the faires in KH 2 and so do some other characters such as Leon. Some characters may have had it on purpose, but there are other charaacters that have no connection with Xeohanort.

As for the other characters having it, I remember in a interview that Noruma was obsesssed with zippers so maybe the same way apply with the X as well.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
The reason why TAV all have "X" integrated into their clothing is because the letter "X" had importance in BBS, so Nomura wanted to integrate X into their clothing. Thus the straps across their chests.

Something like that was said in an interview I believe.

And yeah, it's only been said that Sora's DDD clothing had the mark of heresy....I don't remember seeing it being said that all X's are marks of heresy.

How did this game go from star wars to Harry potter?

Don't forget Inception too.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Doubt it works that way. Ventus had no Darkness after Xehanort split his heart in half, and yet he was still marked and was even used to create the X-Blade.

Ventus wasn't "marked" and neither were Terra or Aqua. These straps are part of their Keyblade Apprentice outfit and were given to them by Eraqus, not Xehanort.
When Ventus was Xehanort's apprentice he didn't have the "X-straps", only his jacket.

Didn't Diz come up with Roxas jacket design when he trapped him in the twilight town? I think the X was a coincidence in that case because he didn't want Roxas to know his true origins. Sora wears the X design on his clothes which was desgined by the faires in KH 2 and so do some other characters such as Leon. Some characters may have had it on purpose, but there are other charaacters that have no connection with Xeohanort.

As for the other characters having it, I remember in a interview that Noruma was obsesssed with zippers so maybe the same way apply with the X as well.

Not really, Roxas' clothing he has in the virtual Twilight Town is his actual clothing which is beneath his black coat. When Riku and DiZ brought him to the mansion and imprisoned him in the Digital World they stripped him of the black coat beforehand.

Roxas already had these clothes when he was born, as seen in the naming ceremony when Xemnas twirls the letters around him.
I would rather guess that in-universe these clothes came to be due to the subtle influence of Ven's heart (like the red collar of the overjacket, which is identical to Ven's) and the relation to Nobodies and possibly the X-blade (Ven hates and fears that thing) is symbolized by Roxas's X-zipper. The checkerboard pattern of his white overjacket is, interestingly according to Nomura, a represenation of Light and Darkness (Vanitas & Ven?).

Until really proven otherwise I remain at my point that none of those "X"s is actually a "Mark of Heresy" from Xehanort, and for TAV it is already impossible since Terra and Aqua had theirs before Xehanort even knew them and Ventus had none while being with him.

The reason why TAV all have "X" integrated into their clothing is because the letter "X" had importance in BBS, so Nomura wanted to integrate X into their clothing. Thus the straps across their chests.

Something like that was said in an interview I believe.

And yeah, it's only been said that Sora's DDD clothing had the mark of heresy....I don't remember seeing it being said that all X's are marks of heresy.

Correct, it was this and additionally also had to to something with their armor.

That's what Young Xehanort explains anyways and it makes sense since Sora openly wonders why his clothes changed when he lands in Traverse.
It's more than likely that the brown-cloaked Ansem SoD that appears after the Ursula-battle at DI gave out these clothes in order to start the plan of the "Norts" to make Sora the 13th vessel.
(On a quirky sidenote for a non-mothertongue English speaker, normally it's "3rd" or "23rd", so why is "13th" an exception?)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ventus wasn't "marked" and neither were Terra or Aqua. These straps are part of their Keyblade Apprentice outfit and were given to them by Eraqus, not Xehanort.
When Ventus was Xehanort's apprentice he didn't have the "X-straps", only his jacket.

Being given to them by Eraqus means nothing. And why would he need to mark Ven when he already had an eye on him before the heart-splitting fiasco? Terra, Ven, Aqua, and Eraqus were all Xehanort's pawns. Even if they might have worn them voluntarily (even Riku whose clothes had "X"s on them), they are still wearing an "X".

That is how I see it. You are right that we don't know how far of a reach Xehanort had and who he exactly marked besides the Organization and Sora, but there is no coincidence in this anymore. They had "X"s on them, and they were all potential vessels for Xehanort and potential tools to create the X-Blade.

MasterZeR0

Pray tell, why is he making more vessels? What is he seeking? To "see what lies beyond the Keyblade War"? To make light and darkness balanced? Those are just fancy ways of him hiding the fact he wants to become a god and live forever, shape history however he wants it, see all the possibilities of what could be done under his influence. Timeless and eternal.

The way I see it, he is not looking to live forever. He simply wants to recreate the universe. (simply? well, nevermind about that part.) He wants to recreate the Keyblade War and see what happens to this universe when it is shattered by the force of it, with himself as the sole creator of said universe. He's creating more of himself as means to an end, not as means to never end.

Golden Yak

Just had a thought, not exactly related to the OP, but it would have the same name:

The X's in all the Organization's names stand for Xehanort, and we've learned that Xehanort plans to copy his heart and memories into the members of the Organization, creating duplicates of himself. So it was right there from the beginning - putting 'X'ehanort into others.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The way I see it, he is not looking to live forever. He simply wants to recreate the universe. (simply? well, nevermind about that part.) He wants to recreate the Keyblade War and see what happens to this universe when it is shattered by the force of it, with himself as the sole creator of said universe. He's creating more of himself as means to an end, not as means to never end.

And what do "sole creators" become? Eternal. Gods. Gods are beyond life and death by our definition. Omniscient and omnipotent via the power of Kingdom Hearts and what he would learn from the Keyblade War.

What did Xemnas go on about the entire time you fight him? "Hearts are power. Nothingness is eternal!" "Heroes from the realm of light, I will not allow it to end this way - not yet. If light and darkness are eternal, surely we nothings are the same! Eternal!" ("That doesn't mean YOU'RE eternal!")

He even reveals in DDD he wants to become all-knowing! What do you do once you amass that much knowledge?

Idk. Seems like a plan to become a god to me.

auron899

I'm not if anyone has posted this already, but I think xehanort's guardian has the mark of heresy as well. The one on his chest? Maybe there's some deeper meaning to that on the guardian's origins

Golden Yak

And what do "sole creators" become? Eternal. Gods. Gods are beyond life and death by our definition. Omniscient and omnipotent via the power of Kingdom Hearts and what he would learn from the Keyblade War.

What did Xemnas go on about the entire time you fight him? "Hearts are power. Nothingness is eternal!" "Heroes from the realm of light, I will not allow it to end this way - not yet. If light and darkness are eternal, surely we nothings are the same! Eternal!" ("That doesn't mean YOU'RE eternal!")

He even reveals in DDD he wants to become all-knowing! What do you do once you amass that much knowledge?

I agree, immortality is pretty much part of godhood. Although he's already figured out a way to exist forever - the whole heart transferal thing. So its probably more about the power and knowledge now.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'm not if anyone has posted this already, but I think xehanort's guardian has the mark of heresy as well. The one on his chest? Maybe there's some deeper meaning to that on the guardian's origins

Since he has yet to cover such a big piece of the game yet I have a feeling there's going to be a big twist involved. BA DAH DUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM

flurryflames

Roxas already had these clothes when he was born, as seen in the naming ceremony when Xemnas twirls the letters around him.
I would rather guess that in-universe these clothes came to be due to the subtle influence of Ven's heart (like the red collar of the overjacket, which is identical to Ven's) and the relation to Nobodies and possibly the X-blade (Ven hates and fears that thing) is symbolized by Roxas's X-zipper. The checkerboard pattern of his white overjacket is, interestingly according to Nomura, a represenation of Light and Darkness (Vanitas & Ven?).

So Roxas wore the twilight clothes over his organization one? Actually that does make sense because it showed an Kh 358/2days Ulimantia guide with Roxas slipping out of his black cloak and back into his regular clothes. But then what about the pants? Did he wear them over his blank pants as well? lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Being given to them by Eraqus means nothing. And why would he need to mark Ven when he already had an eye on him before the heart-splitting fiasco? Terra, Ven, Aqua, and Eraqus were all Xehanort's pawns. Even if they might have worn them voluntarily (even Riku whose clothes had "X"s on them), they are still wearing an "X".

That is how I see it. You are right that we don't know how far of a reach Xehanort had and who he exactly marked besides the Organization and Sora, but there is no coincidence in this anymore. They had "X"s on them, and they were all potential vessels for Xehanort and potential tools to create the X-Blade.

How can that mean nothing if Xehanort wasn't even involved in the whole thing? When Xehanort brought Ventus to Eraqus it was the very first time he ever saw Aqua and Terra and they already had their straps.
He also didn't mark Ven at all after that. Even when Aqua watched over Ventus when he was still comatose and Xehanort long gone from LoD Ven still didn't have his crossing straps.

The way I see it, you are all way overthinking the whole issue. In DDD Young Xehanort never speaks in plural and only about Sora's DDD clothes. There's no real proof of everything "X" in someone's clothing suddenly being a tracking device.
It was also never said that Xehanort (or rather, Ansem SoD, as he was the one who did it) "marked" anyone besides Sora in DDD, not the Organisation or anyone of TAV. As far as I remember the black Org coats have nowhere an "X" so the first Organisation wasn't marked at all and Roxas already had that "X"-zipper when he was born, before Xemnas even found him.

Exactly this, all this "balance-babbling" is just an excuse of Xehanort in order to camouflage and/or try to justify his hideous crimes against countless beings and hearts.

All those actually seeing something noble or "good" in Xehanort's ambitions actually fall right into the trap of his lies like Terra did for a while in BBS.

Xehanort wants to destroy the Universe by re-creating an all-destroying war and gain control of Kingdom Hearts (the true one) himself to shape a new universe as he sees fit, effectively making him god and grant him control over all that lives.
If that's not megalomanical crazyness of a total freak I don't know what it is. He can be put at the same league as Emperor Palpatine, Voldemort, Emperor Mateus from FF II or Sauron of LoTR.
The total destruction he seeks beforehand may even border on Exdeath, Kefka or Barthandelus-territory.

So Roxas wore the twilight clothes over his organization one? Actually that does make sense because it showed an Kh 358/2days Ulimantia guide with Roxas slipping out of his black cloak and back into his regular clothes. But then what about the pants? Did he wear them over his blank pants as well? lol.
Under his black coat to be specific. Roxas wore his Twilight Town outfit under the Black Coat as those clothes are his normal street wear, including the "X"-zipper.

The coat magically alters the undergarments if you wonder about the color of Roxas' clothes and why he hasn't his high collar when wearing the coat.
Riku also wore his KH2-clothes under the black coat as did Mickey as is both seen in KH2.

When DiZ put Roxas into the virtual Twilight Town he and Riku just removed the black coat, that was all.

MasterZeR0

How can that mean nothing if Xehanort wasn't even involved in the whole thing? When Xehanort brought Ventus to Eraqus it was the very first time he ever saw Aqua and Terra and they already had their straps.
He also didn't mark Ven at all after that. Even when Aqua watched over Ventus when he was still comatose and Xehanort long gone from LoD Ven still didn't have his crossing straps.

The way I see it, you are all way overthinking the whole issue. In DDD Young Xehanort never speaks in plural and only about Sora's DDD clothes. There's no real proof of everything "X" in someone's clothing suddenly being a tracking device.
It was also never said that Xehanort (or rather, Ansem SoD, as he was the one who did it) "marked" anyone besides Sora in DDD, not the Organisation or anyone of TAV. As far as I remember the black Org coats have nowhere an "X" so the first Organisation wasn't marked at all and Roxas already had that "X"-zipper when he was born, before Xemnas even found him.

Exactly this, all this "balance-babbling" is just an excuse of Xehanort in order to camouflage and/or try to justify his hideous crimes against countless beings and hearts.

All those actually seeing something noble or "good" in Xehanort's ambitions actually fall right into the trap of his lies like Terra did for a while in BBS.

Xehanort wants to destroy the Universe by re-creating an all-destroying war and gain control of Kingdom Hearts (the true one) himself to shape a new universe as he sees fit, effectively making him god and grant him control over all that lives.
If that's not megalomanical crazyness of a total freak I don't know what it is. He can be put at the same league as Emperor Palpatine, Voldemort, Emperor Mateus from FF II or Sauron of LoTR.
The total destruction he seeks beforehand may even border on Exdeath, Kefka or Barthandelus-territory.

Under his black coat to be specific. Roxas wore his Twilight Town outfit under the Black Coat as those clothes are his normal street wear, including the "X"-zipper.

The coat magically alters the undergarments if you wonder about the color of Roxas' clothes and why he hasn't his high collar when wearing the coat.
Riku also wore his KH2-clothes under the black coat as did Mickey as is both seen in KH2.

When DiZ put Roxas into the virtual Twilight Town he and Riku just removed the black coat, that was all.

From seeing your past posts, I know you have a MAJOR bias against Xehanort, which (as it seems to me) is against both his actions and his character. He's my favorite character, tbh, so I'm probably biased too. However, we KNOW Xehanort once had good intentions, and we are unaware as to whether any of those intentions were corrupted, replaced with bad intentions, or still hold true in some form. I'm personally hoping that somewhere along the line he was possessed or corrupted by the Guardian.

Stars

リク

That's makes sense actually. :D
The "X" thing at first, i thought it was MX's obsession over X-blade, not the tracking device and I thought the one that tracking TAV is actually Vanitas? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back