• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The X-Blade, Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D... Connected?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
How did mickey get ahold of the KKD?

Mickey entered the realm of darkness by using a dark corridor in Traverse Town. During KH1 while Sora was on his own adventure, Mickey was in the realm of darkness searching for the KKD. Mickey needed a dark realm keyblade to help Sora and his light realm KK to close the door to darkness which could only be closed using a Keyblade from the dark realm and a Keyblade from the light realm.

Finally I would like to add that Dark Realm Keyblades and Light Realm Keyblades are the same type of Keyblade, the only difference is the realm in which they originate. Dark Realm blades come from the Realm of Darkness and light realm blades come from the realm of light. Besides that there is no difference between the two, and so anyone who has a strong heart can wield keyblades from either realm.

Example: Mickey is more alligned to the light but yet he wields a dark realm keyblade. On the other hand Master Xehanort is more alligned to the darkness yet he wields a light realm keyblade.

Radar

Bronze Member
Mickey entered the realm of darkness by using a dark corridor in Traverse Town. During KH1 while Sora was on his own adventure, Mickey was in the realm of darkness searching for the KKD. Mickey needed a dark realm keyblade to help Sora and his light realm KK to close the door to darkness which could only be closed using a Keyblade from the dark realm and a Keyblade from the light realm.

Finally I would like to add that Dark Realm Keyblades and Light Realm Keyblades are the same type of Keyblade, the only difference is the realm in which they originate. Dark Realm blades come from the Realm of Darkness and light realm blades come from the realm of light. Besides that there is no difference between the two, and so anyone who has a strong heart can wield keyblades from either realm.

Example: Mickey is more alligned to the light but yet he wields a dark realm keyblade. On the other hand Master Xehanort is more alligned to the darkness yet he wields a light realm keyblade.
That's some good info right there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It doesn't "appear", it was always there.
Every "normal" keyblade has a dark counterpart somewhere in the Realm of Darkness.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
How does KKD appear in Realm of Darkness?
It's a Dark realm keyblade. Meaning it's naturally from that realm
This is from the Another Reports
V - There is still a lot of mystery about the Keyblades I think. The "Light side, heart of worlds Keyblade" that Sora wields, the "Keyblade of people's hearts" made from the Seven Princesses' hearts for Riku, and the "Dark side, heart of worlds Keyblade" that the king obtained in the realm of darkness, presently these 3 types can be confirmed. Could you please explain things a little further?

Keyblades have 2 different constitutions, either from the Light side or the Dark side. This is merely the exterior key, the inner key can act from either side and its abilities won't change. There is no clear division between good and evil. Usually the door to each world is closed and the keyhole itself is not visible. By bringing a Keyblade nearby, the Keyhole appears. But the lock is not actually closed itself. Indeed, the Heartless were able to find the door and easily open it and in this way steal hearts. In the previous game, Sora turned the locks and closed these doors. Furthermore, about the opened door of the integrated heart of worlds "Kingdom Hearts" itself, to prevent the outflow of the darkness within hearts the intent and reasons were different so the Keyblade was used for a different purpose. In order to work, the door needs to be closed from both the Dark side and the Light side and both a dark and light realm Keyblade are needed. The King needed a Keyblade opposite from the realm of light Keyblade that Sora had, so he went to the realm of darkness to obtain one.
Every "normal" keyblade has a dark counterpart somewhere in the Realm of Darkness.
Keyblades can be both Light and Dark. Now I could see them pulling something like this later in the series, but right now it's never been said that there is a counter part to every keyblade. There are as many keyblades as there are fit hearts. Since we don't know much about how Mickey got his keyblade in the dark realm its fair to assume that there aren't many keyblades in the dark realm since there doesn't exist a large number of hearts.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

When was it confirmed that MX has a Keyblade from the ROL? I'm dead sure anything with those demonic blue eyes are ROD Keyblades. How couldn't they be?

WilliamTheWise

Website
When was it confirmed that MX has a Keyblade from the ROL? I'm dead sure anything with those demonic blue eyes are ROD Keyblades. How couldn't they be?
Well Way to Dawn is a light realm Keyblade and it has the same blue eye like design.
images

And the Darkside Keyblade Mickey found doesn't scream being from the dark realm either. Now to my knowledge the exact origin of Master Xehanort's keyblade is unknown. Since we never saw him wield as a young man it's hard to say. He could have gone into the dark realm and found a keyblade from there and claimed it as his own, but it's almost impossible to tell since both keyblades work the same way regardless of their realm of origin. Since Master Xehanort is from the light realm, he could have been born with that Keyblade. Or like I said before found it in the dark realm.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I was more on the impression that, when a keyblade is created by a strong heart (in the RoL) there comes automatically a counterpart into existence in the RoD to balance it out again.
I also see no reason why only the KK should have a dark counterpart and every other keyblade doesn't.
The KK is not some special keyblade like the Keyblade of people's hearts or the x-blade. It's just a normal keyblade like Way to the dawn, Rainfell, Earthshaker, MX's keyblade, Eraqus's keyblade or Wayward Wind is...one of many keyblades in the RoL.

Crystal

Silver Member
And the Darkside Keyblade Mickey found doesn't scream being from the dark realm either. Now to my knowledge the exact origin of Master Xehanort's keyblade is unknown. Since we never saw him wield as a young man it's hard to say. He could have gone into the dark realm and found a keyblade from there and claimed it as his own, but it's almost impossible to tell since both keyblades work the same way regardless of their realm of origin. Since Master Xehanort is from the light realm, he could have been born with that Keyblade. Or like I said before found it in the dark realm.

During MX's youth time , he is actually from light but accepted darkness by him own?
It does not affect the keyblade he is holding ?

WilliamTheWise

Website
During MX's youth time , he is actually from light but accepted darkness by him own?
It does not affect the keyblade he is holding ?
Yes, but what I was saying is that being from the realm of light his keyblade would be a light realm keyblade. If he always had that same keyblade then his keyblade is likely a light one.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I seriously doubt KK and KKD are connected to X-Blade.
KK was just used in the Design because KK is what people see when they hear "Keyblade."
I also doubt that KKD isn't the Keyblade Mickey uses beforehand, because it'd make more sense he just got a Keychain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back