• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The X-Blade, Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D... Connected?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So I'm playing BBS and when I saw the X-blade it got my thinking. There are two keyblades able to close the door in KH1, The Kingdom key and the Kingdom key D. The X-blade has the power to open KH and open the door to all worlds. The X-Blade has two Kingdom key crossed together and was created by a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness. So then, could they be connected or one and the same.

Note: We know nothing on the relationship between them yet, so don't say I'm wrong just yet. And I don't want this to go on having everyone saying they're right or wrong, so I just want the facts so me and my friend can get it right. Thank you.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I agree I think there is definately a connection between the X-Blade and the KK and KKD. The X-Blade forged from a heart of pure light and one of pure dark, and the KK from the realm of light and the KKD from the realm of darkness. All of them having the power to either open or close KH respectively. I definately think there is a connection.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I agree I think there is definately a connection between the X-Blade and the KK and KKD. The X-Blade forged from a heart of pure light and one of pure dark, and the KK from the realm of light and the KKD from the realm of darkness. All of them having the power to either open or close KH respectively. I definately think there is a connection.

Yeah, you're right. So it makes you wonder... were they created after BBS or were always there? Good thing they went to good people

(Sora and Mickey)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Like you said, we know nothing of the relationship between them yet (if there even is one). So what facts exactly do you want to hear?

It might be possible that when Aqua smashed the x-blade the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D formed out of the remains, but that's pure speculation, not more.

Actually, if I remember right, the door in KH I (door to darkness) is opened by bringing together the seven princesses of heart. That door opens exactly there where the true kingdom hearts is at the moment in the RoD.
To close it you need one dark and one light keyblade...on the forms of both one could also assume that every keyblade has a dark counterpart with inversed colours in the RoD (i.e. for Way to the Dawn it would probably Way to Twilight on which all red colours are blue etc...)
The x-blade however, does not open a pathway to kingdom hearts in the RoD, but summons kingdom hearts to where the x-blade is forged...

So, dunno about it...

EDIT: @Memory Master: When was it said the two KKs can open/close Kingdom Hearts? Only the x-blade can do this.
To close the door to darkness one could also have used an other keyblade as long has one has the dark counterpart to it.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think you're all looking too deeply into this.

The biggest question here would be -
Would we have had the KK as we know it had Riku been the first to use that Keyblade.

Let's review.
We have Ventus and Vanitas. Ven beats Vanitas, Vanitas trolls him, we get the ugly thing that is the X-Blade. It is effectively a horrid combination between two KKs and KH1's Ultima Weapon.
Sora gets the Keyblade from Riku.
Sora took it from the Light in Riku's Heart, the same Light that made Terra find him and choose him.
Sora was never chosen as a Wielder, so he was most likely utilizing Ven's abilities when he was Wielding Riku's Keyblade.
With Ven being the basis of Sora's Wielding in KH1, the X-Blade is what gave the KK its shape.
For each Keyblade in the Realm of Light there is a match in the Realm of Darkness. Mickey knew somehow that Riku was chosen and sent Donald and Goofy out to find him, yet they found Sora who also had the Keyblade. In the meanwhile, he found the match to that Keyblade, which was finally given birth by Sora and Ven after being dormant and most likely shapeless inside Riku's Heart.
Cue the Kingdom Key D's looks to match.

As it stands, I doubt there's any true relation. It's more the Ven factor at work here. Maybe if Riku'd have used it first and we still would've gotten the KK... but alas, we didn't get that scenario.

The KK and KKD's powers over the DtD seem to stem more from the fact they're matches more than any connection to the X-Blade, though time might tell differently.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Woah, wait a minute, Smile.

What the heck has Riku to do with it? Who wields that blade is irrelevant, isn't it?

Also, wasn't it said several times before that Sora got his ability to wield a keyblade not from Ventus? What you said would contradict the statement that Sora only inherited the dual-wield ability from Ven, furthermore, Sora's battlestyle is completely different from Ven's (he wields his blade in a two-handed forward style).

Also, what about that scene in HB when Riku snatched the blade back from Sora? When Sora wields it it has the appearance from whatever keychain you've equipped...bu when it materialized in Riku's hand it goes back to Kingdom Key.
*confused*

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What the heck has Riku to do with it? Who wields that blade is irrelevant, isn't it?

Who Wields the blade might just affect the Keychain born. Cases in point - Aqua and Riku vs. Sora when coming in contact with Kairi.
So I think there somehow would've been a higher chance for it being proper X-Blade influence had Riku had the KK on his lonesome too, rather than it being the Ven-factor.
'-' it makes sense in my head at least.

Also, wasn't it said several times before that Sora got his ability to wield a keyblade not from Ventus? What you said would contradict the statement that Sora only inherited the dual-wield ability from Ven, furthermore, Sora's battlestyle is completely different from Ven's (he wields his blade in a two-handed forward style).

I seem to have missed those quotes if that's what you meant. But even Nomura said that as far as the Wielders we know go, Sora's the only exception to the Rite of Succession ceremony. So that means Ven and/or Vanitas were why he managed to Wield.
Duel Wielding would come from there being two Wielding Hearts with two Keyblades. And by that point I think it's safe to say Sora became a Wielder by his own right, so it's all good.

Also, what about that scene in HB when Riku snatched the blade back from Sora? When Sora wields it it has the appearance from whatever keychain you've equipped...bu when it materialized in Riku's hand it goes back to Kingdom Key.
*confused*

That's yet another reason why I said a lot of it depended, on my opinion, on who it was that Wielded first. Riku'd be "impressioned" with the KK's design. Also, there's a double bond at work here - it being his own Keyblade to begin with so he might've just been able to use the Keychain, or - his own unexplained, highly likely tie to Vanitas. Not only will it strengthen his bond to Sora, it will also form a bond between him and the X-Blade.
Lol, who knows, maybe that KK we saw Riku use wasn't Sora's KK Keychain but Vanitas's. Now won't that be a hoot?

It still leaves the KKD to be the "Match" though '-'

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Who Wields the blade might just affect the Keychain born. Cases in point - Aqua and Riku vs. Sora when coming in contact with Kairi.
So I think there somehow would've been a higher chance for it being proper X-Blade influence had Riku had the KK on his lonesome too, rather than it being the Ven-factor.
'-' it makes sense in my head at least.
Who says that this particular keyblade wasn't always the KK? The KK is, after all, that keyblade's true form.
As far as I remember the smashing of the x-blade caused everything sans the LS in the Keyblade Graveyard to be swept into the lanes of between, so would also be the remains of the x-blade (if there were any, which I still doubt). So one of these remains remained in the RoL and degraded to a normal keyblade, the KK, while the other part of the remains sank into the RoD and became the dark counterpart of the KK.

I seem to have missed those quotes if that's what you meant. But even Nomura said that as far as the Wielders we know go, Sora's the only exception to the Rite of Succession ceremony. So that means Ven and/or Vanitas were why he managed to Wield.
Duel Wielding would come from there being two Wielding Hearts with two Keyblades. And by that point I think it's safe to say Sora became a Wielder by his own right, so it's all good.
It was, if I remember right (sadly that site is down atm so I can't check) another interview of you-know-who where he was asked if Sora could wield because of Ven. He denied it and said the ability to wield was Sora's own, as all conditions for wielding a keyblade are not yet revealed. A strong heart is needed, that's the obvious one, and this inheritance ceremony makes a individual a chosen wielder which guaranteed to wield one in the future if the heart is strong enough. Though I don't remember it's being said one needs the ceremony to wield at all. If a keyblade decides one is worthy to be its wielder it doesn't matter if there was a ceremony before or not.
that's why Riku could reclaim the KK from Sora, he had the strong heart and the ceremony, which Sora lacked. Also it might be because of this he gained the Way to the dawn, his true keyblade, later.
As for how Vanitas plays into this...I dunno, I only have a feeling that we're not yet done with that black-haired troll-twin of Sora.

Well, what maybe could be the case is that the keyblade sensed that Sora is harbouring and protecting the injured heart of an already chosen wielder and it therefore decided to go to Sora, but again, speculation.

That's yet another reason why I said a lot of it depended, on my opinion, on who it was that Wielded first. Riku'd be "impressioned" with the KK's design. Also, there's a double bond at work here - it being his own Keyblade to begin with so he might've just been able to use the Keychain, or - his own unexplained, highly likely tie to Vanitas. Not only will it strengthen his bond to Sora, it will also form a bond between him and the X-Blade.
Lol, who knows, maybe that KK we saw Riku use wasn't Sora's KK Keychain but Vanitas's. Now won't that be a hoot?

It still leaves the KKD to be the "Match" though '-'

Then we would have two KKs and one KKD...uuhh, where's the second KKD *gasps...you don't mean...Aqua? Ansem the Wise* lol...
Actually I think there comes it where you think too deep...I just assumed the KK is that particular keyblade's true form, regardless who wields it.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Who says that this particular keyblade wasn't always the KK? The KK is, after all, that keyblade's true form.

I'm not quite sure, really. Keychains come from connections and Memories. So, the same people won't conjure the same ones.

As far as I remember the smashing of the x-blade caused everything sans the LS in the Keyblade Graveyard to be swept into the lanes of between, so would also be the remains of the x-blade (if there were any, which I still doubt). So one of these remains remained in the RoL and degraded to a normal keyblade, the KK, while the other part of the remains sank into the RoD and became the dark counterpart of the KK.

I really have to wonder what happened to those. For all we know, they might've disappeared all together or went back into Ven's Heart.

as all conditions for wielding a keyblade are not yet revealed. A strong heart is needed, that's the obvious one, and this inheritance ceremony makes a individual a chosen wielder which guaranteed to wield one in the future if the heart is strong enough.

Oh up his.

Though I don't remember it's being said one needs the ceremony to wield at all. If a keyblade decides one is worthy to be its wielder it doesn't matter if there was a ceremony before or not.

That doesn't contradict it being Ven's ability which let Sora Wield to begin with, mind. It just explains why, despite NOT being chosen by a Keyblade, he managed to Wield one at all. Then the KK chose him over Riku and Sora became a proper, honest to god Wielder. It'd still be Ven who let Sora Wield to begin with though.

Then we would have two KKs and one KKD...uuhh, where's the second KKD

Well... that depends on where the Deuce the WttD came from. This is where dealing with KeyCHAINS and KeyBLADES gets tricky. Like I said, by the time Riku took the Keyblade from Sora it's not farfetched he was influenced by Sora's view of the Keyblade - but the KKD only matched the KeyBLADE. By the time Riku got the WttD, that Keyblade's own true form would be something else because it was born from Riku's Heart post the Darkness.

I just assumed the KK is that particular keyblade's true form, regardless who wields it.

And that's where we part ways in opinions since I think it does matter.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
EDIT: @Memory Master: When was it said the two KKs can open/close Kingdom Hearts? Only the x-blade can do this.
To close the door to darkness one could also have used an other keyblade as long has one has the dark counterpart to it.

I should have wrote that better. What I meant was the X-Blade could open the door to KH, and in KH1 KK and KKD closed the door to KH. I was just saying that KK/KKD and the X-Blade both are connected to KH somehow it would seem.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm not quite sure, really. Keychains come from connections and Memories. So, the same people won't conjure the same ones.

So...if we go by this premise, when Sora literally "snatched" the keyblade from Riku (or was it the keyblade sayin' bye bye to Riku by itself?, lol), the keyblade found deep inside Sora some of Ven's wrecked, damaged memories of this weapon which scared the crap out of the poor guy and decided now I'll look like a part of this uber-ugly weapon...^_^

I really have to wonder what happened to those. For all we know, they might've disappeared all together or went back into Ven's Heart.

Wow...now that would be a twist...Ven's heart not only being a patient for an Intensive-care unit full of pain and sorrow but also a garbage bin for x-blade remains...ouch.

Oh up his.
Excuse me? ^_^

That doesn't contradict it being Ven's ability which let Sora Wield to begin with, mind. It just explains why, despite NOT being chosen by a Keyblade, he managed to Wield one at all. Then the KK chose him over Riku and Sora became a proper, honest to god Wielder. It'd still be Ven who let Sora Wield to begin with though.
That passage you quoted doesn't contradict this, yes, but I think this one does:
myself said:
another interview of you-know-who where he was asked if Sora could wield because of Ven. He denied it and said the ability to wield was Sora's own

Well... that depends on where the Deuce the WttD came from. This is where dealing with KeyCHAINS and KeyBLADES gets tricky. Like I said, by the time Riku took the Keyblade from Sora it's not farfetched he was influenced by Sora's view of the Keyblade - but the KKD only matched the KeyBLADE. By the time Riku got the WttD, that Keyblade's own true form would be something else because it was born from Riku's Heart post the Darkness.

Uh, wasn't WttD (yay another abbreviation!) the true form of Riku's own blade?

And that's where we part ways in opinions since I think it does matter.

Ehehe, granted...I'm still in doubt but as new information becomes available I might switch over to yours...;)

Memory Master said:
I should have wrote that better. What I meant was the X-Blade could open the door to KH, and in KH1 KK and KKD closed the door to KH. I was just saying that KK/KKD and the X-Blade both are connected to KH somehow it would seem

And that's where I think you have a error in your thought chain. The x-blade opens no door, it summons KH itself, the door to darkness is just a pathway into the RoD which through using the princesses's hearts opens exact there where KH is in the RoD so one may reach it.
The x-blade however summons KH to you and it can be used to open KH itself, not a door leading to it.
The door to darkness could have been closed with any keyblade if you have the corresponding dark counterpart of it.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So...if we go by this premise, when Sora literally "snatched" the keyblade from Riku (or was it the keyblade sayin' bye bye to Riku by itself?, lol), the keyblade found deep inside Sora some of Ven's wrecked, damaged memories of this weapon which scared the crap out of the poor guy and decided now I'll look like a part of this uber-ugly weapon...^_^

For better or worse, it's a weapon made up from Ven's own Heart. I find it likely, actually.

That passage you quoted doesn't contradict this, yes, but I think this one does:

That depends really on WHEN that quote refers to. If the ability was NEVER Ven's then you're right. But you said yourself that the Keyblade choosing the Wielder might have to do with it, and we know for a fact Sora wasn't chosen as the KK's Wielder properly until Hollow Bastion. That's why Riku managed to take it from him twice during the game.
So, no Rite of Succession, and no Keyblade truly choosing him. What else could get him to Wield aside from Ven?
THAT's when Sora was chosen and became a Wielder in his own right, making him not "need" Ven's Wielding anymore.

Uh, wasn't WttD (yay another abbreviation!) the true form of Riku's own blade?

The proper name is Way to the Dawn. Hence it's WttD, not WtD.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
And that's where I think you have a error in your thought chain. The x-blade opens no door, it summons KH itself, the door to darkness is just a pathway into the RoD which through using the princesses's hearts opens exact there where KH is in the RoD so one may reach it.
The x-blade however summons KH to you and it can be used to open KH itself, not a door leading to it.
The door to darkness could have been closed with any keyblade if you have the corresponding dark counterpart of it.

That's true, but wouldn't KH itself have to have a door in order to enter KH? But regardless all i'm saying is that KK/KKD or to put it another way, the combination of a dark realm key and a light realm key, is connected to the X-Blade simply by the fact that they have connections to Kingdom Hearts.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

No. Sora can wield because he has a strong heart. Ven has nothing to do with it. What aren't you getting? The only benefits Sora gets from housing Ven's heart is the ability to dual-wield. That's it. =/

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
For better or worse, it's a weapon made up from Ven's own Heart. I find it likely, actually.
Ouf, if this really is the case, knowing Nomura, he'll make some other twist out of it with keeping their connection intact and later somehow allow both boys to dual-wield each others keyblades.

That depends really on WHEN that quote refers to. If the ability was NEVER Ven's then you're right. But you said yourself that the Keyblade choosing the Wielder might have to do with it, and we know for a fact Sora wasn't chosen as the KK's Wielder properly until Hollow Bastion. That's why Riku managed to take it from him twice during the game.
So, no Rite of Succession, and no Keyblade truly choosing him. What else could get him to Wield aside from Ven?
THAT's when Sora was chosen and became a Wielder in his own right, making him not "need" Ven's Wielding anymore.
Now that I don't know...I wish I could read it through but the site with the interviews is still down.
Your scenario would make sense through, so before "Riku's" intended keyblade choose Sora for good the spikyhead subconsciously used the wielding-ability of Ventus, whose heart he sheltered, as a sort of connector to wield Riku's keyblade. Similar to how Ansem SoD used Riku's wielding ability to wield the dark keyblade.
This would actually give more credit to the symbiotic relationship of the Sora-Ven-connection, as payment for sheltering and protecting his heart Ven let's Sora use his ability to wield ^_^.

The proper name is Way to the Dawn. Hence it's WttD, not WtD.

When did I ever use WtD? I used to write the name of that thing out everytime, therefore I said that about another abbreviation.

@XIII Heartless: Do you have the exact wording of that interview at hand? I would like to reread it.

@Memory Master:
Wasn't it said the x-blade is different from all other keyblades in one of the X-reports...?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ouf, if this really is the case, knowing Nomura, he'll make some other twist out of it with keeping their connection intact and later somehow allow both boys to dual-wield each others keyblades.

It's not that unthinkable. Roxas did Wield Sora's Keyblade as his Nobody while Sora still used his own (and then when Xion leeched off his power) long before he became able to Duel Wield. So we had two (to three, lol) people Wielding but only one proper Keyblade being in existence.
Sora and Ven, rather than each keeping their own Keyblades, will keep a half of each.

Your scenario would make sense through

*sticks tongue out at XIII Heartless*

so before "Riku's" intended keyblade choose Sora for good the spikyhead subconsciously used the wielding-ability of Ventus, whose heart he sheltered, as a sort of connector to wield Riku's keyblade. Similar to how Ansem SoD used Riku's wielding ability to wield the dark keyblade.

The biggest difference here which IS rather striking is that unlike Sora at the time, SoD Ansem is a Wielder. To the point Riku used him to Duel Wield. But seeing how it doesn't look like he remembered how to, it's good enough of a comparison, I suppose. We do know they targeted Riku for his Wielding abilities, after all, which would imply that XH wasn't after Riku only for his vessel.
It also ties in with WHEN XH kicked Riku out of his vessel - when he didn't need him anymore to Wield the Heart Unlocker.

When did I ever use WtD? I used to write the name of that thing out everytime, therefore I said that about another abbreviation.

Oh I read wrong xD; never mind.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's not that unthinkable. Roxas did Wield Sora's Keyblade as his Nobody while Sora still used his own (and then when Xion leeched off his power) long before he became able to Duel Wield. So we had two (to three, lol) people Wielding but only one proper Keyblade being in existence.
Sora and Ven, rather than each keeping their own Keyblades, will keep a half of each.
*Imagines Ven wielding two wayward winds..uhmm, not an ounce of a Zidane Tribal reference, nononono...* lol

Yup, according to the events of Days and CoM, a keyblade can exist in several places at once...so no prob from this side.

*sticks tongue out at XIII Heartless*
*ggg*, at least to me it does make sense, it would be actually possible. If it really is that way, only time will tell.
It would also not contradict Nomura's statement that Sora didn't inherit anything from Ven, as he would be in essence just "borrowing" an ability for the first half of KH I, nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: Now I misread something...*whistles*

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yup, according to the events of Days and CoM, a keyblade can exist in several places at once...so no prob from this side.

So long as the Hearts/Memories are connected, at least.

It would also not contradict Nomura's statement that Sora didn't inherit anything from Ven, as he would be in essence just "borrowing" an ability for the first half of KH I, nothing more, nothing less.

Yupyup :3

Edit: Now I misread something...*whistles*

Now I'm curious xD

Radar

Bronze Member
So are some of you guys saying that the x-blade formed the kk and the ikk that mickey found?

Also do you think the kk and soul-reaper when ven falls into his awakening are connected to this at all?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So are some of you guys saying that the x-blade formed the kk and the ikk that mickey found?

SOME. And some of us say it's what made the KK (and thus its Match, the IKK) look like they do but there's no proper relation.

Also do you think the kk and soul-reaper when ven falls into his awakening are connected to this at all?

Soul Eater. And it's a concept video, nothing to be taken literally. I do think it shows that there's a bond between Ven and Riku as well, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back