• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Wrong Number When Texting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Some girl I completely don't know texted me from when I woke up this morning, to after the Spanish quiz I had in the middle of 4th period. I had a short conversation with her too. I had to text her in Social Studies too.

"Goood job todayy! Yo did really goood"
"Who is this?"
"Ann"
"Ann?" ---> "Who's Ann?"
"Kerner :)"
"Dont no u"
"What class r u in *annie* :)"
"I think u have the wrong person"
"Sry i think i do"
"O rly? r u trying 2 talk 2 erika?"
"No who is erika *annie* :)"
"If u dont no then u have the wrong person"
"Okk bye"

The whole thing went like that. I was like, "wtf?" but I was also like "lol". I kept asking some of my friends this morning during advisory if they knew who this person was. They all said they didn't know her. But it was weird and funny at the same time. Weird because I had a text conversation with someone I didn't know. Funny because of the same reason :D

It was a moment crossed between a "wtf" and a "lol" and since it was the same reason, I'm going to create a new word for myself in favor for that moment; I'll call it, "wtlol". Yes, what-the-lol.

Wtlol

I wonder if anyone had ever experienced this before. Not a wtlol moment, I mean an experience where someone mistook you for someone else and kept thinking so for a while, until you confirmed to them that you weren't that person.

Discuss or no?

The King

Token Black Guy
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Lol ive had an experience like this before.
This woman text's me from a random number i have no idea. The area code was super weird. She tells me her name was Donna Barnes. Im like idk a Donna then she sends me some link to some yahoo thing that i never looked at.

Few weeks later she forwards me a message and im like wtf. I think she actually called me once also. Not quite sure though. Lol pretty funny stuff

D

Deleted member 36435

itt 14 year old girl texts some random stranger

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
lol it happened to meh frend cuz he was waking up and he got a text that said "hi," from someone he had never met before. he said hi back, and then she asked him where he was, and he said he was in his bed. she said she was at a horse show. afterwards she said bye, and it was kinda random. wtlol

Muse

you look atrocious
Lol. It's happened to me a few times where I get a text message from someone I don't know. Usually though it's just my friends whoring my number around to people I kinda know.

The thing that happens most often to me is that I get called by random people, not text messages, but called. Like one time in my 4th hour class I was doing my work and then my phone just started vibrating in my pocket. :) That was awkward...

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Wow. I thought this was supposed to be deleted after some mod saw this. I can't believe it's still here. And I predicted it would be dead just like that...shame. But also a wtlol.

Twilight_Path

I got a text from someone in Haiti at like 2 in the morning a couple weeks ago. At the time I really didn't care, but now that I think about it, it was very wtlol.

XD

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
The hell? Suddenly people are using my word?! Fine then! You guys hold the responsibility for it to not die out.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
oh wait I actually did have an experience like this

"hey is this jill its aaron from the bus"
"yea i got that operation we talked about and i have a penis now"
"oh"

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
One time, my friend got a text from the wrong number (it was supposed to go to a girl). He just went along with it for a while, even told him that he (pretending to be her) was pregnant with her other friend's baby. . . Then the other guy learned that he wasn't her. Left some pretty nasty voicemails on my friend's phone.

Lol, good times.

The King

Token Black Guy
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
One time, my friend got a text from the wrong number (it was supposed to go to a girl). He just went along with it for a while, even told him that he (pretending to be her) was pregnant with her other friend's baby. . . Then the other guy learned that he wasn't her. Left some pretty nasty voicemails on my friend's phone.

Lol, good times.

LMAO

Zeph

imp of the perverse
This happens to me alot.
Some girl kept texting me over and over "hey!" 15 minutes later "heloooo are you there?"
I respond: "I'm sorry, who'se this?"
"Jeanne, I'm texting you from a friends phone."
"Oh. Well I think you have the wrong number."
15 minutes later... "Oh sorry! I think I have the wrong number!"
T_T

Oddly enough, the same girl still randomly sends me texts... haha she texted me happy thanksgiving. And then I get random people calling my number at least 3 times a month...

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Some girl I completely don't know texted me from when I woke up this morning, to after the Spanish quiz I had in the middle of 4th period. I had a short conversation with her too. I had to text her in Social Studies too.

"Goood job todayy! Yo did really goood"
"Who is this?"
"Ann"
"Ann?" ---> "Who's Ann?"
"Kerner :)"
"Dont no u"
"What class r u in *annie* :)"
"I think u have the wrong person"
"Sry i think i do"
"O rly? r u trying 2 talk 2 erika?"
"No who is erika *annie* :)"
"If u dont no then u have the wrong person"
"Okk bye"

The whole thing went like that. I was like, "wtf?" but I was also like "lol". I kept asking some of my friends this morning during advisory if they knew who this person was. They all said they didn't know her. But it was weird and funny at the same time. Weird because I had a text conversation with someone I didn't know. Funny because of the same reason :D

It was a moment crossed between a "wtf" and a "lol" and since it was the same reason, I'm going to create a new word for myself in favor for that moment; I'll call it, "wtlol". Yes, what-the-lol.

2vcx5jo.png

Jesus christ this is the greatest fuckin story I've ever read

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I had that once, some blonde girl on a guides/scouts camp, apparently. The texts went back and forth around seven times, and I never heard from her again. I should have milked the situation more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back