• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Worst Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is the worst 'nort?

• Master Xehanort

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Ansem SoD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xemnas

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Young Xehanort

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Apprentice Xehanort

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Hey.

I was having a thought about, of all the Xehanorts, which one do you think is the worst? Like, looking back, all of the stuff each of the 'norts did to people, which one do you think was the most evil?

In my case, I think Xemnas was the worst.

• He pretty much tricked an entire group of people to get behind his idea of creating Kingdom Hearts from people's hearts, only to not tell them that, hey, you can grow a heart!
  • He pitted friends against each other (RAX).
  • He waged a psychological warfare against Sora.
  • He pretty much sent everyone to their deaths by ordering them to confront Sora.

Veevee

Awards
Oh, I thought it was about which one is the worst written, so I chose Master Xehanort. On terms of what they have done, Young Xehanort is pretty much harmless, Ansem SoD has mainly bothered Riku and Aqua, Xemnas did a few not so nice things but had at least something going for him, while Master Xehanort wanted to recreate a war out of interest and because it's fun and later claimed it was about resetting the world he made miserable in the first place but hey, just misguided, right?

So, tldr, Master Xehanort is a badly written bad man.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Oh, I thought it was about which one is the worst written, so I chose Master Xehanort. On terms of what they have done, Young Xehanort is pretty much harmless, Ansem SoD has mainly bothered Riku and Aqua, Xemnas did a few not so nice things but had at least something going for him, while Master Xehanort wanted to recreate a war out of interest and because it's fun and later claimed it was about resetting the world he made miserable in the first place but hey, just misguided, right?

So, tldr, Master Xehanort is a badly written bad man.
Hahaha, badly written is also a nice question. And yeah, sometimes it feels like he's just there to advance the plot. It's funny because he was pretty interesting in the concept trailer back in the secret ending.

Veevee

Awards
Hahaha, badly written is also a nice question. And yeah, sometimes it feels like he's just there to advance the plot. It's funny because he was pretty interesting in the concept trailer back in the secret ending.

I felt that they wanted too much with him over the years. In BBS, he starts of as this guy who wants to forge the x-blade to open Kingdom Hearts and recreate the war on the way and to see that to the end, he needs a younger body. In DDD we see him reborn (in his old body, something which he seems not to longer care about and Terranort is now his own identity, so it's basically pointless) and he reveals that his x-blade force blueprint had holes and thus the new organisation is introduced. In KH3 it's suddenly about recreating the world - yes, there was talk of that already in BBS - but suddenly it's no longer curiousity and for the lolz, but because he thinks the world is imperfect and needs to be redone. Which is pretty ironic if you take into consideration that his heartless, nobody and himself have brought instability and threat to the world which was basically pretty fine before - we enter a Disney world and most problems basically revolve around slice of life problems or heartless / unversed / nobodies for which HE is to hold responsible. Ultimately, KH3 expects me to believe that he is a poor old misguided man who just wanted the best for the world. On the way, he stole a body, cracked a boy into a coma, was responsible for Aqua falling to darkness, pitted people against each other, destroyed whole worlds and did a lot. of. shit.
I feel it would've been best if they left him at that scientific desire of "oh, I've researched and it's interesting, what might happen if we repeat it?", left him as the darkness-light-balance guy he was and stayed away from all that pseudo-idealistic bs where he basically wanted to purge the world and he is the gracious god who leads the new century. Stick with one or the other.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I feel like there's a story about Xehanort we haven't been told. Chessnort is different to Young Xehanort. I feel like Nomura wanted to redeem MX in a "I was corrupted" scenario.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Master Xehanort was a good villain in BBS. He was able to psychologically manipulate so many characters towards his own end - Maleficent, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Eraqus, Mickey, Braig and Vanitas. And the threads of his plot came together towards a satisfying final clash -- that he WON!! By the time he's done our heroes are in shambles -- Terra possessed, Aqua banished, Ventus asleep.

After BBS, he goes downhill for me. No more active manipulation. Just a generic bad guy with a bizarre amount of unexplained omniscience and motives that make no sense.

So the answer for overall best 'Nort for me is Xemnas. The way he manipulates the Nobodies' desire for a heart for his own purposes is downright nefarious. Stealing people's hearts for his own KH. Ruining Axel, Roxas, and Xion's lives -- making them fight one another. And his own explanations for his wrong-doing hit harder than SoD ("DARKNESS!!"). His advocacy for Nothingness is an intriguing concept, he clearly harbors resentment towards Ansem, and his bizarro motivations in just watching Aqua's armor... its unsettling. Definitely Xemnas is the best developed 'Nort.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The worst Xehanort for me is Master Xehanort followed closely by Apprentice Xehanort. All the Xehanorts are bad to certain degrees but those two stick out among the five.

From killing Kairi and Erasqueez in cold blood to performing experiments on citizens of Radiant Garden.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Old Xehanort. What he did to three children and his former friend (Eraqus) was unbelievable evil / abuse. And then there's the fact that this all started because of him, too. He also pushed Maleficent out of her Enchanted Dominion box for her to go on a rampage and destroy most of the universe the way he wanted while collecting the PoH. Even if you stick to KH3 alone, Old Xehanort is the one that killed Kairi (or sent her to TFW, anyway).

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Master Xehanort is easily the most vile to me, solidified for good when he killed Kairi with a smile just to egg Sora on to fight him when he was assuredly going to fight him anyway.

Xemnas is pretty despicable for all the atrocities committed, and it’s to be expected for someone who in all honesty was basically MX’s second in command considering how much he did. Don’t get me wrong, Ansem and YMX were off doing critical things the plan would’ve failed without, but Xemnas did a lot of day to day work lol. Managing the Organization, collecting Hearts, maintaining computers and projects, authorizing days off (with help from Saïx of course).

Ansem is the most outright card-carrying villain, and he did manipulate and violate a young boy and continued to torment him for a long time, to the point that upon his death, the boy admitted he’d miss him in a way.

YMX was pretty chill, but he still did awful things of course. Then in III he starts getting giddy that his plans are going right and he gets openly heinous and gleeful.

Also, it makes me wonder, what are the core Xehanort’s relationship with one another? We never see them speak to each other, only to non-core members like Xigbar and Marluxia, etc. The most autonomy I really saw was Ansem looking at Xemnas while he explained they were instructed to guide Sora in Twilight Town. Otherwise, they could easily be Master Xehanort hijacking their bodies like with YMX in the final boss of 3D for all we know from their lack of interactions. Obviously MX doesn’t care about them as anything but tools, but I’d still like to have seen more interactions between the core Nort court.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Also, it makes me wonder, what are the core Xehanort’s relationship with one another? We never see them speak to each other, only to non-core members like Xigbar and Marluxia, etc. The most autonomy I really saw was Ansem looking at Xemnas while he explained they were instructed to guide Sora in Twilight Town. Otherwise, they could easily be Master Xehanort hijacking their bodies like with YMX in the final boss of 3D for all we know from their lack of interactions. Obviously MX doesn’t care about them as anything but tools, but I’d still like to have seen more interactions between the core Nort court.
Maybe Xemnas thought of the other 'norts as his "companions", which is the word he uses when describing the feeling of emptyness and loneliness that bears him right before he vanishes.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Just throwing it out there, I initially misunderstood the meaning of the title and voted Young Xehanort, but as I said it was a mistake.

Hard not to vote Master Xehanort. He has the burden of being old and smart yet so misguided in his intentions (so unlike Young or Riku can't blame it all to hormones and misguided emotions) and acted horribly to his old friend, his pupil and many others.
Even ignoring that he was the mastermind behing it all, he has a long list of first-handed deceptions and aggressions.
Not many people can smile while permanently scarring their best friend.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’m gunna go with Young Xehanort. Till this day all the time travel stuff still confuses the hell out of me lol.

Back