• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the worst name in the world!! VANITAS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apasstrife

okey, this thread have no relevance but hell with it!!, im tired of speculation.

kingdom hearts series always delighted us with greats names sometimes associated with other things such ass ancient words or elements of nature.
Names like ROXAS or almost all the org xiii names (marluxia and saix kick ass!!) make great influence in the quality of the game and the worship of thouse characters. i think all kh fans remembers all the ROXAS!! of DIZ and the org members. YouTube - People Say Roxas' Name Too Much
the otherday i was, like always, checking the khinsider news and i came across with the name VANITAS!!.....first y say wtf¿?...this is probably some corporation name. but it wasnt.
if the name was for a char with less influence, i´ll let it through, but we are taking about the MX apprentice!!!.. even if the meening of the game is the moust deep thing in the world, i found it inapropiate for a kh game.

probably is just me but i wanna know what you think about this name (VANITAS!!)

pd: sorry for my arcaic english....:p

"see you in khinsider"

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
COOL STORY BRO

Either way, I actually like the rough translation of the name.

Allister Rose

French Lover
if you say it in a fast casual tone, it doesnt sound that bad. this reminds me of Axel's real name predicament

A

Audo

Just Nomura riding on his current obsession with Latin words.

Vanitas = "Emptiness".

Esso

Fire Breaker
the name sounds a bit weird but when you put some thought into it it's pretty cool and funny
Exmple; it means vanity or emptiness
Emptiness adds more awesomeness to the name, for me that is.

Liege

Would you have preferred it to be something along the lines of, say, Ferdinand, instead?

See? It could always be worse.

I happen to think it's pretty darn great, myself; it really 'suits' him (get it? HAR, HAR). That is, assuming it's his actual moniker, of course.

this reminds me of Axel's real name predicament

Hm, still not a huge fan of that. I was hoping they'd go with 'Ael'/'Ale'/'Eal'. Y'know -- for hilarity's sake.

Allister Rose

French Lover
ferdinand doesnt sound so bad.

vanitasu appears to be a nice direct translation from japanese. the u at the end is silent, and the only letter that could possibly change is the "V" more or less

Apasstrife

i see the guy`s figure and i imagine a more terrible name. vanitas is just too "disney", too "happy". maybe under that armor theres a teletubie but i just dont imagine it.

A

Audo

i see the guy`s figure and i imagine a more terrible name. vanitas is just too "disney", too "happy". maybe under that armor theres a teletubie but i just dont imagine it.
Yeah... because a name meaning "emptiness" is "too happy".
Nevermind the fact that Vanitas is a Disney character.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Sounds like a great name to me, the meaning suits him.

Also, I was around when Roxas's name was revealed, and hardly anyone liked it at first. You might not even be pronouncing it properly.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
WTF¿? a friend of mickey¿?

Not exactly, just Disney owns the right to him just like they own everything else in Kingdom Hearts that isn't Final Fantasy.

Apasstrife

but theres a diference between square-enix and disney chars in kingdom hearts.....roxas, VENITAS, ansem, etc.. are creation of S-E...even if "disney owns the rights"

A

Audo

but theres a diference between square-enix and disney chars in kingdom hearts.....roxas, VENITAS, ansem, etc.. are creation of S-E...even if "disney owns the rights"
Yeah, he's still a Disney character, regardless of semantics.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
And thus, Vanitas' Disney name suits him because he is a Disney character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back