• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World that Never Was

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraXKairiXRiku

So I'm at the point in the W.T.N.W where Sora and the gang run to the tower and there is supposed to be a cutscene where Sora and Roxas fight, but instead of a custscene it's a full on fight and even at like level 41 I can't beat him. Anyone got any tips for making it through that fight?

Some guy

Try to learn his moves, and block them! But if you're really having trouble, use trinity limit > limit form and he's toast.

Antar

Awards
Like Some Guy said, study his moves and figure out ways to counter them. Like if he moves close to you and does his combo, just keep blocking until he jump back and does a quick charge at you. If you block that last charge it will stun him and you can continue wailing on him. Roxas is a more difficult boss compared to the previous bosses so I understand how surprising/jarring the difficulty spike is. If you try but still can't learn his moveset, I would suggest checking out some YouTube videos and see what kind of strategies people use.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
So I'm at the point in the W.T.N.W where Sora and the gang run to the tower and there is supposed to be a cutscene where Sora and Roxas fight, but instead of a custscene it's a full on fight and even at like level 41 I can't beat him. Anyone got any tips for making it through that fight?

I think you already know this, but the playable Roxas boss fight is one the new additions coming with the Final Mix version of KH2. So were should I began.

The World That Never was like other levels in KH2 has a battle level, and that is 50. That is the recommended level for that world. As you can see, you are little under leveled. However, with the right abilities I think you might be able to beat Roxas.

Do you have second change, once more or leaf bracer abilities on? Once More lets you survive a combo, and second change makes sure you live trough an massive single attack. Most Roxas more dangerous attacks are combos, so once more is a life saver. Leaf Bracer makes your cure animation invincible, and an enemy attack cannot break it.

Make sure you have some of these abilities, and a couple of Hi-Potions. So, the fight itself. Roxas starts with spinning his keyblades, forming a deadly wave. This can be guarded with a normal guard or reflect. When Roxas does his Keyblade combo attack, dodge roll or quick run away from him. At the end of his combo, he will stop, and then he dashes with high speed, making an X-slash. Guard the X-slash, and this will stun Roxas, leaving him open to attack. When he comes from the air spinning with he`s keyblades, block it with guard or reflect, or just dodge it. What ever suits you best.

When Roxas goes in to the circle of Sora`s heart station, he unleashes his desperation move. He shoots light balls that will home you. This can be little hard to dodge. If you have once more, you will live trough the attack. If not, the go to the edge of the heart station, and use quick run to move around the heart station(does this make any sense?). After this part, Roxas adds light pillars in his combos, making the fight even more dangerous. Just dodge roll or quick run, and guard when you see an opportunity. After a few tries you fill get the flow of the battle, and it comes a bit easier. You can also try and steal Roxas Keyblades with a certain reaction commands, but if you fail, the damage you take is massive. Also in the later part of the fight Roxas summons more light pillars when you have managed to steal his Keyblades. This makes hitting him more difficult.

I hope this helps in some way. If Key of Destiny still feels too much of a trouble, you can always level up Sora. And hey, you can also listen the amazing remastered version of Other Promise. Good luck! :)

EDIT: Dam. You guys are fast. :) Ninja`d by Some guy and Antar.

SoraXKairiXRiku

thanks so much! its been super hard and disheartening when I just want to finish the game but Roxas is getting in my way lol

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
thanks so much! its been super hard and disheartening when I just want to finish the game but Roxas is getting in my way lol

Yes. Roxas can be quite a difficult foe, after all, Sora is facing himself in some sense, with two Keyblades! Even thou the fight can be hard, I`m really glad that it is now playable. One of my favorite boss battles in the entire series, and one of the best boss themes as well.

SephirothZ

Roxas is definitely one of the hardest mainline story bosses in the Kingdom Hearts saga. I would not feel bad for struggling against him, most do, especially if they are under-leveled like yourself. He is still difficult at lvl 60 if you dont know what you are doing.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I think it's funny how KH2's dev team kept adding new story bosses and making them nightmares. Roxas, check. Zexion in Re:CoM, check. If they re-remade coded you could bet Ursula would be in it, 40 feet tall with her tentacles already raised to flatten you.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I felt little shame during the boss fight on my playtrough. Years ago I watched that fight, and after that I have taken a look at it a few times, dreaming to fight him one day. By watching the fight a few times on Youtube, I accidentally learned his moves. When I fought him the first time myself a few weeks back, it was hard and fun, but it would have been even more fun, if I would have needed to learn strategies against him myself.

Last edited:

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I kept a battle log of bosses I died to. Died to Roxas 4 times. Great boss. I was a bit underleveled when I got to that part aswell. When I got to TWTNW I was in the low 40s. Unless you do some serious level grinding, it's impossible to be at level 50 once you get there.

SephirothZ

I did a little grinding here and there. I like short bursts of grinding instead of long painstaking ones. I was lvl 52 when I fought Roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back