• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
How important is it that I play TWEWY before playing 3D? It's been on my list of games to play for years but never got around to it. And now I have no DS anymore so I'd have to get the iOS version :/

Also out of curiousity, why were FF characters not included anyways? Just curious plus I'd like to avoid spoilers.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
If you're interested in playing TWEWY, then, yeah, you should probably play it before playing DDD. While someone can play DDD without playing TWEWY, the story does spoil elements of TWEWY's plot and characters (and you'd obviously appreciate their involvement more if you had played TWEWY).

As for why they went with TWEWY instead of FF, they originally were going to have the classic Traverse Town FF characters there, but ultimately decided it would be boring to have the whole "Sora shows up in TT, meets Cid/Leon/etc" thing happen for a fourth time. And ultimately, it was for the better as the TWEWY element actually brings more to the game than just simple cameos.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Tbh, you should play TWEWY just because it's a fantastic game.

Being a Final Fantasy fan was a major draw for me to play Kingdom Hearts, which in turn reinvigorated my love for Disney. I think most people on here were drawn to the series with some sense of nostalgia. TWEWY characters are essentially the FF cameos this entry gets, moogles aside. I wanted to understand the nuances and (generally spoiler free) references TWEWY cast would bring, and I'm glad I did, although mostly because I'm glad I played the original game!

Tbf, DDD is the first entry in the series I have done this "research" for. (In that I also picked up an old clamshell VHS of Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The Three Musketeers - also fun, harmless entertainment lol)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, definitely play TWEWY. I'd do it before, if only because it is a fantastic game that deserves playing and KH3D kind of ruins a really great story element from TWEWY.

Do you not have a 3DS? It is compatible on that console. TWEWY Solo Remix is definitely superior to TWEWY in terms of visuals and audio, but TWEWY has a lot of charm with the pixels and dual-screen controls. (Also it adds Atarashi Koko from Live Remix and a TWEWY 2 teaser that has had people upset for a number of years now)

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Thanks guys, I'll definitely play it before 3D. I haven't gotten a 3DS yet (I'm pretty far behind in gaming in general these days - and I'm wondering if I should even bother getting a 3DS so late into the generation) I only have an original DS, and it got destroyed about a year ago (R.I.P.), though my sister has a later gen DS, it has a missing charger that doesn't match mine -_-. So I'll likely be playing it on iOS unless I happen to find it.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
(Also it adds Atarashi Koko from Live Remix and a TWEWY 2 teaser that has had people upset for a number of years now)

tumblr_inline_oh2reeUguN1tqmwkj_540.png

That and Panty&Stocking's second season still not being here still has me salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back