• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You - The Animation will release worldwide in 2021!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The World Ends With You - The Animation will air worldwide in 2021!

The show will be directed by Kazuka Ishikawa, and the original game staff has had a huge hand in the development of the animation. Takeharu Ishimoto is also the main composer on the anime. The original Japanese voice actors will be returning for the show.

The World Ends With You - The Animation is being developed in 3D by DOMERICA x SHIN-EI ANIMATION.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Great, can't wait for 2021.

They showed a piece of art in the livestream and I thought the style was a nice homage to the game

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The surprising use of 3D here solidifies the rumours of a 3D Kingdom Hearts series in my mind.

Very stylish key art too. Love Joshua's new phone.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Oh wow, this is exciting and love the visuals for this anime.

Not familiar with the animation studio, DOMERICA x SHIN-EI ANIMATION, but I'm very impressed with how they did the animation.

Now that it's been confirmed that the original Japanese cast are returning, it's going to be interesting on who they will choose for the English cast if they do an English dub.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh wow, this is exciting and love the visuals for this anime.

Not familiar with the animation studio, DOMERICA x SHIN-EI ANIMATION, but I'm very impressed with how they did the animation.

Now that it's been confirmed that the original Japanese cast are returning, it's going to be interesting on who they will choose for the English cast if they do an English dub.

It's two studios. Domerica typically does 3D work on various shows and they have also worked on opening animations for games. They also have a few shows under their belt.

Shin-Ei Animation is best known for Doraemon and Crayon Shin-Chan.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
It's two studios. Domerica typically does 3D work on various shows and they have also worked on opening animations for games. They also have a few shows under their belt.

Shin-Ei Animation is best known for Doraemon and Crayon Shin-Chan.
I am familiar with Shin-Ei Animation with their work (Doraemon, Shin-Chan) so the studio does ring a bell for anime fans So thank you for jogging my memory of the studio

Of course, this is the first time I'm acquainted and heard of Domerica.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Funimation will be streaming this next year.
It's going to be interesting how they will handle the English dub and whether they bring in the original cast to reprise their roles or a new cast altogether.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It's going to be interesting how they will handle the English dub and whether they bring in the original cast to reprise their roles or a new cast altogether.
I imagine it'll be a 50/50 chance with Funimation regarding getting the old cast back, and that's assuming they're in charge of the dub. We either get a case where they 1: let a separate studio handle the recording, like with the Tales of Zestiria The X where they recorded in LA, or 2: they do the dubbing in-house like they did with Ace Attorney.

Fingers crossed that they can get the original cast back, but if they end up doing it in-house, I could see Micah Solusod being a solid choice for ol' Phones. For now, we wait.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I imagine it'll be a 50/50 chance with Funimation regarding getting the old cast back, and that's assuming they're in charge of the dub. We either get a case where they 1: let a separate studio handle the recording, like with the Tales of Zestiria The X where they recorded in LA, or 2: they do the dubbing in-house like they did with Ace Attorney.

Fingers crossed that they can get the original cast back, but if they end up doing it in-house, I could see Micah Solusod being a solid choice for ol' Phones. For now, we wait.
That's what I'm hoping speaking of which, while this isn't related to World End With You, just two days ago, Aniplex of America just announced that not only is Persona 5 the Animation getting a dub, but the original voice cast from Persona 5 will be returning to reprise their roles for the anime.

So if the English dubs of the Tales of Zestiria anime and recently the Persona 5 anime brought the original voice casts back then I'm optimistic that Funimation will bring back voice cast from The Word with You. We just have to wait and see

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I just thought of something, regarding Shiki:

So we know how in the game she's in Eri's body for her entry fee, right? But is she speaking with her own voice or Eri's voice? It could an opportunity to get someone else to play Eri, to show the disconnect or that they're different people.

I wonder how the anime will handle this :unsure:

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Sweet 😁 Now we just have to wait on the animation and cast recording

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sweet 😁 Now we just have to wait on the animation and cast recording
Well, the latter shouldn't be too far off if it hasn't started already

Here are some behind-the-scenes footage from the recording of the PV shown in the information release special.

The first time I played Neku was 14 years ago, and the last time I played him was 7 years ago when he appeared in the Kingdom Hearts series.
Mr. Uchiyama discusses the role of Neku with Sound Director Shimizu while listening to old recordings.

As this is the first time in seven years that they've played Neku in a recording, there's a scene where they talk about the speed of time.
The two of them, who have formed a relationship of trust over the years, will breathe life into the anime version of Neku. Please look forward to it.

Back