• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You "The Animation" website opens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
We'll have to wait and see. SE tends to be particular about who gets cast for their characters. I know they have to deal with union vs. non-union matters but...

I'm personally not DYING to see them bring the old cast back. It would be the right thing to do and I love their voices, but I also think we could all live without them if they don't manage to get them back.
True, but if they do use a new voice cast for the new anime it's going to be a tossup on how the fans will react either they would be disappointed but will find the new English dub cast tolerable or they would be enraged like what happened with the FFVIII Remake when they didn't bring back the actors who voice Cloud (Steve Burton), etc.

I still holding out hope for Jesse David Corti and Aaron Spann to return as Neku and Joshua cause if you ask me they haven't had any other major well-known roles besides their World Ends With You roles.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me they don't dub the series like what happened with Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV when it didn't get a dub.

PikaPal

Awards
Hell yeah, it’s really gonna be interesting to see the game be brought to the anime style.

Keeping my excitement a bit lessened for now though until we know who’s animating it.

I kinda hope it’s not A-1 Pictures because if I’m being honest the track record when it comes to their video game based anime isn’t so hot (lookin’ at you Persona 5) and it would also immediately kill the chances of a dub happening since Aniplex who owns A-1 almost never dub anything video game related.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
True, but if they do use a new voice cast for the new anime it's going to be a tossup on how the fans will react either they would be disappointed but will find the new English dub cast tolerable or they would be enraged like what happened with the FFVIII Remake when they didn't bring back the actors who voice Cloud (Steve Burton), etc.

I still holding out hope for Jesse David Corti and Aaron Spann to return as Neku and Joshua cause if you ask me they haven't had any other major well-known roles besides their World Ends With You roles.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me they don't dub the series like what happened with Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV when it didn't get a dub.

Eh, I would hope people don't expect anime adaptions to have a 1:1 cast. They almost always don't and it is under very rare and specific situations that they do.

Hell yeah, it’s really gonna be interesting to see the game be brought to the anime style.

Keeping my excitement a bit lessened for now though until we know who’s animating it.

I kinda hope it’s not A-1 Pictures because if I’m being honest the track record when it comes to their video game based anime isn’t so hot (lookin’ at you Persona 5) and it would also immediately kill the chances of a dub happening since Aniplex who owns A-1 almost never dub anything video game related.

I came into this thread to say that A-1 is totally going to animate this show because they have worked with SE in the past like with Brotherhood FFXV and Black Butler and a bunch of other things. Also A-1 has worked on tons of video game to anime adaptions and kind of have the market on these adaptions.

But yeah you are right. We could hope they went for somebody else but I can't think of a studio that would pick up a series like TWEWY besides like Mappa or Ufotable (who are expensive af).

D

Deleted member 246005

I don't mind it being an adaptation of the game but it being a sequel to the game could be interesting.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The 104 logo using the current style of 109's concerns me that some things will be more "modern" like smartphones instead of the aesthetically superior flip phone.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Shot in the dark regarding animation studios, what if it's Studio Bones? Fullmetal Alchemist, Blast of Tempest and Soul Eater were anime based on manga published in Shonen Gangan before, and some of their shows were adapted into manga via Gangan Comics, which is owned by Square Enix.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Shot in the dark regarding animation studios, what if it's Studio Bones? Fullmetal Alchemist, Blast of Tempest and Soul Eater were anime based on manga published in Shonen Gangan before, and some of their shows were adapted into manga via Gangan Comics, which is owned by Square Enix.

Forgot about Bones. Maybe. I would have thought they'd be busy working on the next season of MHA or something.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Forgot about Bones. Maybe. I would have thought they'd be busy working on the next season of MHA or something.
Bones is apparently divided into 5 studios, labelled A to E. Their Studio C is currently in charge of HeroAca exclusively. They handled the 1st FMA series, Ouran and Soul Eater.
Their other studios could potentially do it.

Back