• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You "The Animation" website opens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The official teaser website for The World Ends With You "The Animation" has launched. More information will be revealed on July 3rd at 6PM Pacific Time. Be sure to follow the official TWEWY The Animation Twitter account for future updates.

Update: Anime Expo Lite reveals that the countdown is for a panel on July 3rd at 6PM PDT. The creators will share information about the anime series for the first time and discuss how this adaptation came to be. etsuya Nomura has also been confirmed as the series's Creative Producer and Character Designer.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Of all the games to be adapted into an anime so far, this will be perfect for the 24-26 episode format. You could literally have 1 day be an episode(possibly 2 for the more plot heavy stuff). Let's just hope we get a good animation team to give this game the treatment it deserves.

Also, if the promo art from AX Lite is an indicator, they're likely adapting Nomura's designs directly. And here's hoping if there's a dub for the series, they can get the game cast back for it. Dunno how likely it'll be, but given that they were able to reprise for KH3D, there's a chance.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
trryQzk.gif

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is what I wished Capcom would do with Mega Man Legends: if games aren't profitable, do an anime continuation.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Oh, man. All our hopes and dreams for years WASN'T for nothing. I'm so happy! I was really starting to think we'd get nothing ever. I'm so glad to have been wrong.

I wonder what it'll be, though. An anime of the game... an anime of the "A New Day" stuff, or an anime that could lead up to a game with the A New Day stuff... or a new story with new characters in Shibuya entirely. Though I kind of doubt that one, since I'm sure Squeenix will want to use the characters audience members already love to try and sell this.

Also, I'm liking the style of the one picture we've gotten for this. I can't wait to hear more:)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, man. All our hopes and dreams for years WASN'T for nothing. I'm so happy! I was really starting to think we'd get nothing ever. I'm so glad to have been wrong.

I wonder what it'll be, though. An anime of the game... an anime of the "A New Day" stuff, or an anime that could lead up to a game with the A New Day stuff... or a new story with new characters in Shibuya entirely. Though I kind of doubt that one, since I'm sure Squeenix will want to use the characters audience members already love to try and sell this.

Also, I'm liking the style of the one picture we've gotten for this. I can't wait to hear more:)

This is looking to be an anime based on the original game.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Of all the games to be adapted into an anime so far, this will be perfect for the 24-26 episode format. You could literally have 1 day be an episode(possibly 2 for the more plot heavy stuff). Let's just hope we get a good animation team to give this game the treatment it deserves.

Also, if the promo art from AX Lite is an indicator, they're likely adapting Nomura's designs directly. And here's hoping if there's a dub for the series, they can get the game cast back for it. Dunno how likely it'll be, but given that they were able to reprise for KH3D, there's a chance.
Who can say, it would be awesome to see the original cast return, but I think Rhyme's voice actress is in the Grey area cause in the original game it was Kate Higgins who voiced Rhyme while in Dream Drop Distance it was Ashley Rose Orr doing the voice.

Also if it does get licensed (Funimation, Crunchyroll, Netflix, etc.) and get a dub it remains to be seen if they will make the dub Union like the original game which was a Union Production cause the majority of dubbed Anime series (mainly in Texas, NY and also Los Angeles) are non-union.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Who can say, it would be awesome to see the original cast return, but I think Rhyme's voice actress is in the Grey area cause in the original game it was Kate Higgins who voiced Rhyme while in Dream Drop Distance it was Ashley Rose Orr doing the voice.

Also if it does get licensed (Funimation, Crunchyroll, Netflix, etc.) and get a dub it remains to be seen if they will make the dub Union like the original game which was a Union Production cause the majority of dubbed Anime series (mainly in Texas, NY and also Los Angeles) are non-union.

We'll have to wait and see. SE tends to be particular about who gets cast for their characters. I know they have to deal with union vs. non-union matters but...

I'm personally not DYING to see them bring the old cast back. It would be the right thing to do and I love their voices, but I also think we could all live without them if they don't manage to get them back.

Back