• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You - The Animation - Episode 6 ‘Turf’ Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Neku starts to remember his death, and it makes him more suspicious of Joshua than ever. Meanwhile, the game grinds to a halt as Taboo Noise attack Players and Reapers alike. Minamimoto is the prime suspect, but what does he have to gain?

LostArtist

Awards
I'm getting big alice in the borderland vibes from this show, but this is somehow better :p. I haven't commented on the past episodes, but Shiki is super interesting, I had no idea that was her backstory! but anyways regarding this episode...

Neku finding out hanekoma is CAT was adorable, hahaha! also what the heck, didn't Joshua basically say he was alive in the last episode, when he said hanekoma was the only one like him and they could see the underground from the realground or something, was him being alive supposed to be a big surprise?

Anyways, was not expecting Joshua to be so shadyyyyy what the heck :mad: !! Gives me big, 'not emotionally intelligent' vibes, but y is he so shaddyyyy >_>, anyways the next episode title is 'Joshua' so excited to get to know him more...
Can't believe I never played this game shame on me!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Neku's smile after learning CAT is Mr Hanekoma

658e4976b04e68889fff35a114e832a1012d43bf06d44e8c207cc223a2dfe717_1.jpg

I really don't remember Minamoto being so unhinged in the game. Maybe with the voice work it's fleshing that out for him but man, I'm curious to see how he works in a group environment in NEO.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh Joshua 😌 such a cryptic asshole

Neku’s explosion of excitement over CAT was so cute. All of his little blushes, too 😭

My favorite bit of this episode was when Sota and Nao comfort Neku. They are such an earnest and sweet couple, and I love them so much.

Also the show has been reminding me of how insightful Kariya is. I really do hope we get more about his past in NEO. He's genuinely one of the most interesting characters because of how much he's seen and knows. I really need the new game to confirm he used to be at least Conductor-level in the past.

Joshua, essentially always: I can be your angle or yuor devil

I'm getting big alice in the borderland vibes from this show, but this is somehow better :p. I haven't commented on the past episodes, but Shiki is super interesting, I had no idea that was her backstory! but anyways regarding this episode...

Neku finding out hanekoma is CAT was adorable, hahaha! also what the heck, didn't Joshua basically say he was alive in the last episode, when he said hanekoma was the only one like him and they could see the underground from the realground or something, was him being alive supposed to be a big surprise?

Anyways, was not expecting Joshua to be so shadyyyyy what the heck :mad: !! Gives me big, 'not emotionally intelligent' vibes, but y is he so shaddyyyy >_>, anyways the next episode title is 'Joshua' so excited to get to know him more...
Can't believe I never played this game shame on me!!
Lol you can always play when the show finishes!

Hirokey123

Awards
This was without question the best episode of the whole series so far. They nailed it with the pacing, the conversations, the carefully controlled use of characters to create lots of interesting foils in the relationships, they captured Neku's fanboying over cat with that beautiful soft blushing boy face perfectly, and Joshua's power reveal was *chef's kiss*.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Watched it a bit ago and I am so glad they put the scene with Sota & Nao here, it really was the help Neku needed in the momen, especially with what he’s been dealing with regarding Joshua. Also Neku freaking out about Hanekoma being CAT was hilarious 🤣

Wasn’t expecting Beat losing Rhyme’s pendant to be because of Uzuki and Kariya dragging him away though, it was a unexpected but funny twist. And even though I know how things are going to end this week, the end of the episode was definitely more ominous than what’s happened previously.

Also, I know this probably won’t happen, but I’d love it if Sota and Nao were Saved By The Adaptation(if not this week, then at least by the end of the series). I doubt it’ll happen but I wasn’t expecting Kitaniji to erase players in Episode 2

All in all, we’ve reached the halfway point, and I’m looking forward to seeing how the next episode turns out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Watched it a bit ago and I am so glad they put the scene with Sota & Nao here, it really was the help Neku needed in the momen, especially with what he’s been dealing with regarding Joshua. Also Neku freaking out about Hanekoma being CAT was hilarious 🤣

Wasn’t expecting Beat losing Rhyme’s pendant to be because of Uzuki and Kariya dragging him away though, it was a unexpected but funny twist. And even though I know how things are going to end this week, the end of the episode was definitely more ominous than what’s happened previously.

Also, I know this probably won’t happen, but I’d love it if Sota and Nao were Saved By The Adaptation(if not this week, then at least by the end of the series). I doubt it’ll happen but I wasn’t expecting Kitaniji to erase players in Episode 2

All in all, we’ve reached the halfway point, and I’m looking forward to seeing how the next episode turns out.
TWEWY Spoilers: I like to believe that a certain somebody made sure all of the worthy souls lost during the 3 weeks were given a new chance at life considering it was only because of their bet with Kitaniji and the mess with the Taboo Noise that some truly good people were lost.

But then I think about A New Day and how callous said person was in regards to Neku (which I don't think was because they didn't care...) and I figure maybe they didn't haha

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Honestly this episode reminded me of just how much I like Sota and Nao. I still think this show is doing a great job adapting the game into a show, it does feel a bit faster paced that I'd like but they're handling it well.

Seeing just how nice and helpful Sota and Nao are, reminds me of just how sad their fate is and I do think it's kind of a shame they aren't treated as similarly important to Beat and Rhyme. I feel they are also significant parts in Neku's development. Part of me hopes that NEO somehow will let them get the second chance they were robbed of by the rigged 3 weeks of games.

Back