• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You - The Animation - Episode 5 ‘CAT’ Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There are no new missions, and it's making Neku nervous. Joshua, however, has his own agenda, and he wants Neku to lend him a hand. When the pair reunite with Hanekoma, a chance remark sparks a memory in Neku.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s been years since I did a full TWEWY playthrough so a lot of this feels brand new to me, I love it. Also helps that I forgot a lot so I’m not like those people who complain about side quests and mini-game content being cut out of a 12 episode series.

Loving the dynamic between Neku and Joshua too.

Willow A113

Awards
I instantly thought of you and what your reaction would be when I finished the episode 😂
Nice to know someone cares XD
I really hope Joshua gets a redemption arc tho. DDD made me really attached to him (despite knowing nothing), and if he were evil all the way through, that would kinda ruin him for me.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I kinda wish we had more time with Sota & Nao, so they could let Neku it wasn’t his fault for what happened with Shiki. But I can understand why they skipped over the days with no missions. Still, this was a pretty good episode and that last scene was a really cool note to end on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I kinda wish we had more time with Sota & Nao, so they could let Neku it wasn’t his fault for what happened with Shiki. But I can understand why they skipped over the days with no missions. Still, this was a pretty good episode and that last scene was a really cool note to end on.
That might be my only gripe with this episode. And I guess the whole lack of the plot with Def March. It was a great plot in the game to establish their friendship and it was just reduced down to "Minamimoto stole the mic" without the whole emotional journey leading to it lol

I get it, though. They don't have much time to focus on auxiliary characters when they need to nail the main cast and their storyline.

Back