• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -Solo Remix- Out August 27th 2012!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
don't buy this, by downloading this your letting them know its okay to make an over hyped countdown for a basic port.
How is this overhyped when all they did was a countdown? The community itself went into a small, frothy-mouthed frenzy hyping this up, and Square-Enxi has no control over that.
If you really want to support The World Ends With You, go out and re-purchase the original DS version.
Wow, really? I'm pretty much certain there aren't any new copies in circulation, definitely not at brick-and-mortar store, so if you were to buy anything it'd probably be used, and none of that money would go to Square-Enix. The way to support a developer is to buy in ways that actually gives money to them.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I just don't see the market for this. Only targets people who have iOS, who wants to rebuy the game or buy the game on a system it was not originally designed for, and has actual interest in it. I really doubt iPhone/iPad users are going to see this as another Angry Birds and buy it. So, really, the only people who will buy it are people who are already fans. That is incredibly small than if they just made it a 3DS port. Smells like a bad business move.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And there was never ANYTHING said about a sequel

There wasn't anything directly stated about a sequel, but someone did mention that they hired a voice actor for Rhyme in KH3D for "future use" or something like that, implying that they are going to need the voice actors back for something, and obviously it wasn't for this port.

Wow, really? I'm pretty much certain there aren't any new copies in circulation, definitely not at brick-and-mortar store, so if you were to buy anything it'd probably be used, and none of that money would go to Square-Enix. The way to support a developer is to buy in ways that actually gives money to them.

I think Amazon was said to be getting in new copies of the DS games on the 28th...not sure, but I think I read that somewhere here.

Only targets people who have iOS, who wants to rebuy the game or buy the game on a system it was not originally designed for, and has actual interest in it. I really doubt iPhone/iPad users are going to see this as another Angry Birds and buy it. So, really, the only people who will buy it are people who are already fans. That is incredibly small than if they just made it a 3DS port. Smells like a bad business move.

Well, the DS game when it originally came out didn't do so hot from the start but became really popular through people telling others about it. I'm assuming that this may have the same effect with a wider audience. The only thing that could hurt them is the ability to transfer the app to other Iphones for free and things like that, and people will want to do that because they won't want to pay the $17-$19 price, which is steep for an app on a phone, regardless if the game is easily worth that amount.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just don't see the market for this. Only targets people who have iOS, who wants to rebuy the game or buy the game on a system it was not originally designed for, and has actual interest in it. I really doubt iPhone/iPad users are going to see this as another Angry Birds and buy it. So, really, the only people who will buy it are people who are already fans. That is incredibly small than if they just made it a 3DS port. Smells like a bad business move.

Except the fact KH3D brought a renewed interest to TWEWY and the game is virtually impossible to find for cheap anywhere. Instead of reprinting a four year old game, they updated it and put it on iOS products that has well over a million users. There would be no doubt that a portion of those users do know of TWEWY and have not had the chance to play before, so what better way to reach them by giving them the chance to purchase the game for a reasonable price rather than $30-$90 for the original?

Doesn't look bad to me.

I think Amazon was said to be getting in new copies of the DS games on the 28th...not sure, but I think I read that somewhere here.

Those copies have already sold out and it is back to buying from outside sellers for outrageous prices.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Oh okay, I take that back, but even so: So long as you buy it new, you're supporting S-E. There's no 'real' way to go about it, as Hacker proposed.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
There wasn't anything directly stated about a sequel, but someone did mention that they hired a voice actor for Rhyme in KH3D for "future use" or something like that, implying that they are going to need the voice actors back for something, and obviously it wasn't for this port.

And how does this disprove my point? Implications are still guesses; there was still nothing actually said about the sequel. To link it to one based on such little observation is honestly doing yourself a disservice, since it's nothing but false hope. And I'd have real hope linked to actual evidence than false hope linked to an implication based on something that was unofficially said.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And how does this disprove my point?

It doesn't disprove your point, but the way you stated it (at least the way I took it) is that people should never have expected a sequel in the first place because there is absolutely nothing that hints and/or states a sequel is happening. However, that statement about the voice actors that preceded the countdown, whether stated officially or unofficially still hints, the key word is "hints" at a sequel. Then it just so happen that only a short while after that hint is stated does a big countdown start that is supposed to announce something TWEWY. So I think that although butthurt people blew it out of proportion when they found out it wasn't a sequel is true, it isn't totally unjustified since there was that hint, and a hint, no matter how small can create hope, which can easily manifest itself into much more.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
It doesn't disprove your point, but the way you stated it (at least the way I took it) is that people should never have expected a sequel in the first place because there is absolutely nothing that hints and/or states a sequel is happening. However, that statement about the voice actors that preceded the countdown, whether stated officially or unofficially still hints, the key word is "hints" at a sequel. Then it just so happen that only a short while after that hint is stated does a big countdown start that is supposed to announce something TWEWY. So I think that although butthurt people blew it out of proportion when they found out it wasn't a sequel is true, it isn't totally unjustified since there was that hint, and a hint, no matter how small can create hope, which can easily manifest itself into much more.
Still nothing officially saying there was a sequel, strictly speaking. All we've had are hints and hints and hints.

I just meant no need to get so outrageously furious at the countdown and SE by blowing that one hint completely out of proportion. And plus, patience is always a virtue.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Apparently A lullaby for you doesn't play during the credits.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They would have hired the VA for Rhyme in KH3D for KH3D.
Where did they say "Future use" anyways?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I know this is out of nowhere, but is anyone else thinking that there is a possibility of TWEWY solo remix going to Vita? I think it would be great to bring it on the system because I got it as a gift and so far there is only one game I have for it that interests me out of the lineup. Also, it has everything the iPhone has so I don't see why there shouldn't be a re-release.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I know this is out of nowhere, but is anyone else thinking that there is a possibility of TWEWY solo remix going to Vita? I think it would be great to bring it on the system because I got it as a gift and so far there is only one game I have for it that interests me out of the lineup. Also, it has everything the iPhone has so I don't see why there shouldn't be a re-release.

Well I was thinking Wii U. What better way to hype the console than getting a great game like TWEWY on it? :p

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
I'm not that mad, as a matter of fact this is just making me more sure that there will be a sequel. But I am kinda disappointed at how they took out one of the main things that made the game so great. Like someone else on here said, if you really want to enjoy the game play the DS version.

And why is this in a fucking KH thread

soraalam1

I don't mean to sound rude, but is it fitting to put all twewy stuff in future of KH section? It doesn't seem fitting at all to me :/ Video games or Square Enix forum perhaps?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't mean to sound rude, but is it fitting to put all twewy stuff in future of KH section? It doesn't seem fitting at all to me :/ Video games or Square Enix forum perhaps?

We're uh... working on that. It doesn't feel right dumping all the TWEWY news into sections that generate barely any activity that a bare minimum visit frequently when it's at its peak in regards to hype, considering that KHI now officially covers it now :x

If it goes into the SE section, then it'd have to be merged into that single TWEWY thread, which is difficult for anyone who's playing the game as they'd have to filter through all the news discussion to get the the game discussion. With the system we're using right now to post news, it's also incredibly inconvenient.

idk just deal with it for now. It's not like there's any KH news anyways, and the future of KH is connected with that of TWEWY.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I'm not that mad, as a matter of fact this is just making me more sure that there will be a sequel. But I am kinda disappointed at how they took out one of the main things that made the game so great. Like someone else on here said, if you really want to enjoy the game play the DS version

They also expanded on a lot of the things that made the game great. The art style for one has been improved. You can finally read all of the signs and graffiti around Shibuya. And the musical experience is greatly enhanced. Not only are all the tracks now a much, much higher quality, the tracks are now all played in full instead of snippets.

It sorta balances out the fact that it doesn't and can't support the dual screen capabilities imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back