• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -Solo Remix- Out August 27th 2012!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire-Farron

Am I the only one who thinks that the fanbase is exaggerating way too much about this?

I don't think helped when that translator said the whole "more drip than leak" thing because no offense, but that leak was pretty much the whole thing.

To be honest I dont really think the main translator helped with the whole 'more drip than leak' thing. It just got almost everyone's hopes up and now look at the majority of us.

I also am no longer blowing this out of proportion. When I first played TWEWY 2 years ago, I always wondered what it would've looked like on a cellular device. I just reminded myself of that and I think this is a great thing now.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Well, my brother's been looking for a copy for awhile now. Told him about this and he was ecstatic. At least we can finally talk about the game now.

I'll likely get the port, but way in the future. All these features that can be used as social networking are bound to distract me from my studies in the coming weeks.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Exactly, the port mixed with everyone's expectations made close to everyone believe there was no way it couldn't be a sequel, or at least a new entry into the series. However, a port is what is getting people so down and they have nobody to blame for themselves, but I don't think helped when that translator said the whole "more drip than leak" thing because no offense, but that leak was pretty much the whole thing. I'm not trying to say the new graphics, form of gameplay, and Tin Pin aren't enough, but a port of the game is the main point.

Eh, it depends on how you interpret it? Sure, those who jumped to conclusions were upset because they assumed that he was referring to a sequel and haven't quite got over it hence the "typical Square Enix nonsense." But if we go by that, then the possibility that (I'm just going to copy/paste what Sham and Ethy said because lazy) "the iOS version will have a secret secret ending that hints at a sequel" very much exists.

Not saying that it's definite, but it really wouldn't surprise me if there was a special surprise waiting at the end of the game.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So... I'm really not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. I'll have to buy an IOS now, but whatever. I'm more than happy to support this franchise, and who knows? Maybe if this goes well they'll do a sequel later. And some of these features seem very fun. And the graphics... Oh the graphics. In the end, I'm happy for this fresh, new experience that'll bring even more life back to TWEWY. I do wonder if we might see more at TGS, though.

Anyway, silly question time. Is the game going to be released everywhere on the 27th or just Japan? Do we even know if it'll have a worldwide release at all? Sorry if this has already been answered...

All in all, this has been a great birthday;)

State

Awards
Cleaned graphics look... #_#
I was expecting less from this port, but I've been impressed. Will definitely be getting it on D1. <3
I have an iPod Touch, is this exclusive for iPhone/iPad?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Anyway, silly question time. Is the game going to be released everywhere on the 27th or just Japan? Do we even know if it'll have a worldwide release at all? Sorry if this has already been answered...

All in all, this has been a great birthday;)

Simultaneous release with North America and Europe on August 27.

I have an iPod Touch, is this exclusive for iPhone/iPad?

You're good to go.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Thanks! Thought I was going to be a sad duckling, thinking I couldn't play it with my iPod Touch. d^_^

I think basically every game that releases for iPhone is also playable on the iPod Touch. Makes me happy too since I don't own an iPhone but I do have an iPod Touch 8D

State

Awards
I think basically every game that releases for iPhone is also playable on the iPod Touch. Makes me happy too since I don't own an iPhone but I do have an iPod Touch 8D
I was startled, seeing as how they didn't include iPod Touch in the list.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
You know, another reason why I really consider buying this is because you can't start a new game on the original without deleting your progression. I've been wanting to start the game all over again but I just don't wanna lose my other save file. This is the perfect way to start over again.

State

Awards
A question: Assuming a member wants to add another to their Twitter with TWEWY, will s/he be using THIS thread or the other one (the one at the SE section)?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
A question: Assuming a member wants to add another to their Twitter with TWEWY, will s/he be using THIS thread or the other one (the one at the SE section)?

If anything, I assume there'd be a separate thread.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Sigh... Looking at everyone's negativity at this announcement is making me worry. If people end up boycotting this like Spain did KH3D, then Square may think people have no interest in TWEWY; to that end, they may never make a sequel...

Roro

Awards
An iOS game thats pretty cool, question though: for the most part is this just a copy of the ds game with a couple changes to gameplay? In other words is story the same but platform and gameplay all that changed?

Regardless, from the trailer the graphics look very pretty :)

State

Awards
If anything, I assume there'd be a separate thread.
The World Ends With Twitter? xD
No but serious, it sounds like a good idea. We could get the community to join-in.

Claire-Farron

An iOS game thats pretty cool, question though: for the most part is this just a copy of the ds game with a couple changes to gameplay? In other words is story the same but platform and gameplay all that changed?

Regardless, from the trailer the graphics look very pretty :)

Probably. There might be a few small minor changes in terms of the dialouge in the storyline but nothing too major.

Japanlover

The odd thing is I'm not really upset about this because the graphics look amazing and a couple changes that are not bad.
the downside of this is that I don't have a iphone/ipad! D:

I'm thinking that if TWEWY gets more popular, they might make a prequel/sequal for the 3DS.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
OH MY GAWD, THE JESUS BEAMS ARE MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN EVER!

This actually looks really nice, I will probably download it soon. I need to save money for at least the rest of the week till I get paid...The new gameplay features and graphics are enough to warrant me buying this :)

Roro

Awards
Probably. There might be a few small minor changes in terms of the dialouge in the storyline but nothing too major.

Well if that's the case I'll probably just stick to the ds version I already own then. For now that is. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back