• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU -Solo Remix- Out August 27th 2012!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Every YouTube video on that channel has comments and ratings disabled shortly after they're posted. They've done that for years.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
rofl the video we uploaded was spammed with dislikes as well. Just a bunch of butthurt fans too ashamed to admit their wrongs and looking to push the blame on everyone but themselves.

I was expecting a new game. Fuck me, right?

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
They do this all the time. If anything, it's our own fault for jumping to conclusions.

rofl the video we uploaded was spammed with dislikes as well. Just a bunch of butthurt fans too ashamed to admit their wrongs and looking to push the blame on everyone but themselves.

While I'm not angry myself about this, we did have the whole "#moredripthanleak" thing. When we discovered the iOS port, we were basically told that wouldn't be it. Well, that was pretty much it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
if we go by that, then the possibility that (I'm just going to copy/paste what Sham and Ethy said because lazy) "the iOS version will have a secret secret ending that hints at a sequel" very much exists.

I never thought of that! HOLY CRAP I'm getting this game right away! And now I want to play it so badly...UGH! WHY SE, can't you push back the release date a month so I don't have to choose between Moogles in 3D and Mr. Mew in HD!!!!!

then Square may think people have no interest in TWEWY; to that end, they may never make a sequel...

Doubt that'll be the case, remember, TWEWY didn't do so hot when it first came out on the DS years ago, but started to do amazing by word-of-mouth. People will be butthurt at first and they will be angry, and they won't buy it (also because they've already played the game on the DS) but I expect this game to travel by word-of-mouth.

While I'm not angry myself about this, we did have the whole "#moredripthanleak" thing. When we discovered the iOS port, we were basically told that wouldn't be it. Well, that was pretty much it.

That is the only reason why I think some of the reaction is legitimate. I don't feel necessarily bad for those fans that are extremely upset and weeping in the corner as we speak right now, but I can't think that that tweet hurt the announcement more than anything. If everyone just let the cards fall where they were, we would have known about the announcement prior and people would have gone in expecting the worst. That hashtag as you said pretty much told people "that wouldn't be it" and yet in it end, that is exactly what it was.

P.S. WTFSCRAPPYMCDOODLEDAISUKENOJOBITOFLUFFYMCSTEINERSHMITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE HAVE IT ALREADY BECAUSE OF THEIR TIMEZONES AND I'M SITTING HERE LIKE BLAGERSMAFELSHIKIMEWMR! The worst part is I really want it for Ipad, but if I buy it for my bro's Iphone (by mom has an Ipad) I'll be able to play it more and possibly transfer it to my Iphone when I do get one (I will...eventually!)

It must looks so nice on the Ipad <__<

EDIT: Was searching this up on Google and a thread called "The World Ends With You Solo Remix Revealed; disappoints everyone" was on the IGN boards, so I clicked on it and the first post pretty much summed up how people are reacting to it "… I'm very disappointed, and to show it, I'm buying this :("

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
man SE really shouldn't have hyped this up

Yeah, SE did all the hyping alright.. :/

Again, where was it said they were gonna announce a sequel? Nowhere. Even as a port, this is kind of a big deal.

Like I said before, updated visuals, updated gameplay, more people that'll be able to play this great game, etc.

The site with the countdown and everything was a fun way to announce this and the new soundtrack. They did nothing wrong.

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
Oh, wait, I have a question for any tech savvy person out there! If I buy this on an Ipad/Iphone and later I get my own Ipad/Iphone, is there a way I can transfer the game to my own device with or without save data? And is there a way I can transfer an Ipad version to Iphone or vice versa?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Oh, wait, I have a question for any tech savvy person out there! If I buy this on an Ipad/Iphone and later I get my own Ipad/Iphone, is there a way I can transfer the game to my own device with or without save data? And is there a way I can transfer an Ipad version to Iphone or vice versa?

1) Not sure about that. I guess if you buy the game with your account, that you'll be able to download the game again on another device using the same account. Again, not sure about it.

2) Nope. The iPad version and the iPhone/iPod Touch version are different (because the bigger screen of the iPad).

kupo1121

Awards
2) Nope. The iPad version and the iPhone/iPod Touch version are different (because the bigger screen of the iPad).

Okay, I'm fine with the first part, but UGH!!! I wish if you bought the Ipad version there would be a code for the Iphone version, because $2 is EXTREMELY worth it!!!! However, I know I'll be able to play it on the phone more so I guess I'll stick with that. Not to mention I'd die seeing TWEWY on a really big screen (not TV big, but Ipad big).

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Okay, I'm fine with the first part, but UGH!!! I wish if you bought the Ipad version there would be a code for the Iphone version, because $2 is EXTREMELY worth it!!!! However, I know I'll be able to play it on the phone more so I guess I'll stick with that. Not to mention I'd die seeing TWEWY on a really big screen (not TV big, but Ipad big).

Don't trust me on the first part though, I'm not sure about it. But it would make sense... kinda xD

And yeah, TWEWY will look amazing on the iPad, especially with these visuals! They're so clean :3

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Takeharu Ishimoto's 2012.8.27 Blog Post said:
Japan was delivered this today,
"The World Ends with You -Solo Remix-"
すばらしきこのせかい -Solo Remix- | SQUARE ENIX
I've added a few new tracks to the soundtrack.
It includes additional arrangements and the soundtrack now contains about 60 tracks.
There is also an announcement tomorrow for the unique music of "The World Ends with You".
Do not miss it!

Here's what Ishimoto wrote on his blog recently.

State

Awards
Don't trust me on the first part though, I'm not sure about it. But it would make sense... kinda xD

And yeah, TWEWY will look amazing on the iPad, especially with these visuals! They're so clean :3

The iPad version must look AMAZING, with the big screen and HD. $_$

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Yeah, SE did all the hyping alright.. :/

Again, where was it said they were gonna announce a sequel? Nowhere. Even as a port, this is kind of a big deal.

Like I said before, updated visuals, updated gameplay, more people that'll be able to play this great game, etc.

The site with the countdown and everything was a fun way to announce this and the new soundtrack. They did nothing wrong.

you don't do a week long countdown site unless your trying to build hype, and there's nothing really updated about the game play other than they took out the partner system and regulated it to a pin, which kills the whole uniqueness of the of the original game. while i don't think the idea of bringing it to ios is bad, the backlash wouldn't have been that bad if they just announced it instead of this whole lets tease TWEWY fans for a week

then there was that twitter thing, that also pissed people off

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There is also an announcement tomorrow for the unique music of "The World Ends with You".
tumblr_m8q63wSBiQ1qcg6kio1_250.gif

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
you don't do a week long countdown site unless your trying to build hype, and there's nothing really updated about the game play other than they took out the partner system and regulated it to a pin, which kills the whole uniqueness of the of the original game. while i don't think the idea of bringing it to ios is bad, the backlash wouldn't have been that bad if they just announced it instead of this whole lets tease TWEWY fans for a week

then there was that twitter thing, that also pissed people off

Of course they were building hype, they want it to sell now don't they? That and they were obviously excited about all this. New soundtrack + a port to iOs devices with updated visuals and whatnot.

What most of the fans did was believe that there was a sequel coming. That's what they were hyping for, however, no one ever said anything about a sequel, plain simple.

You can't even judge the game now because you haven't played it yet. For all we know (as mentioned before), there can be a secret traile in this game that hints at a possible sequel. The translator could be easily referring to that by saying moredripthanleak, as in, you haven't seen what we have in store for you.

Then again, I'm not even hoping for that. Just enjoy the fact the more people will be able to play this game and that SE is still giving it attention. It's plain obvious that they're not done with the series.

As I said before, going with hype = never good. You'll always end up feeling disappointed.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Brian Gray's statement still stands for #moredripthanleak because it only revealed slight info of the iOS port. That is just your personal interpretation and the fandom's exaggerated hype. We haven't known about partners fighting alongside you, high quality renders/sprites, Tin Pin slam expanded, etc. before we could truly judge what it was capable of.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
You can't even judge the game now because you haven't played it yet. For all we know (as mentioned before), there can be a secret trailer that hints at a possible sequel in this game.

I'm not buying a brand new iPhone/iPad and the app for 30 seconds of new content. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back