• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The World Ends With You: Solo Remix Now Released on Android!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's been almost 2 years since The World Ends With You: Solo Remix was released on iOS. All this time, Android owners have been anxiously waiting for an announcement to confirm that they would also be able to experience this cult classic.

Today, their patience has finally been rewarded. For just $17.99, you can now purchase The World Ends With You: Solo Remix for Android devices! Details and screenshots are available below.

• Size: 753 MB
  • Requirement: Android 4.0 and up
  • Version 1.0

Source: Square Enix Press

BlackSeven

Awards
-only- 17.99, lol.
So how is this game anyways? Any good? From the screen shots I cant really tell what kind of gameplay it has.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
-only- 17.99, lol.
So how is this game anyways? Any good? From the screen shots I cant really tell what kind of gameplay it has.

How good. How good you ask...Let me tell you, this game was 2008's sleeper hit & a cult favorite. Probably one of the best handheld games Square Enix has ever released. Creative Director is Tetsuya Nomura, art by Nomura and Gen Kobayashi, Directed by Tatsuya Kando & Hiroyuki Ito (not the FF Hiroyuki Ito, but other Ito). This game used to be extremely hard to get your hands on, but SE eventually reprinted it two years ago then released it on iOS.

The gameplay relies on tapping, swiping, pressing and holding. It is very intuitive, and it can also give your hands a mighty workout with how long some of the battles can last or with how many enemies are on screen.

If this was the DS version, you'd also have to control a party member on the top screen via the directional & input buttons while you control Neku (the main character) on the bottom with the touch screen. In the smartphone version it is just Neku and you can summon your party member through a pin at the top of the screen and by swiping/tapping/pressing in a specific way that will activate the pin.

Honestly, it's one of my top five games. The story is really good. You play Neku, an annoying anti-social teen who wakes up in the middle of Shibuya with no memories and sort-of dead. He, along with hundreds of other dead people, are stuck in a game where they must take on challenges for seven days to try and win back their right to live.

You use pins for combat, which give you special attacks to use. Clothes are your gear and accessories. You consume food to improve your stats (get your bravery up and you can get Neku in red pumps) and sync rate with your party member (also characters have favorite foods which can bump the sync rate up higher), and brands are extremely important for combat bonuses/penalties.

Um, as you can tell I REALLY love this game. I easily poured 100+ hours into the original (and like 50 in my Japanese copy)

Last edited:

RoXi

-only- 17.99, lol.

no joke, best game I've ever played. The gameplay is tight and the story?! HOLY SHIGHT IS IT PERFECT.There are no cliches but plenty of twists that you'll never see coming.
Bought this bad boy back in 2008 and its the only game I've ever fully replayed over and over again. Not to mention that after you beat the story there's a secret mission and this other thing but I dont want to spoil too much.

Just get it, beat it, and come back here so we can fangirl(boy) it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm so torn.

On one hand, I'm SO happy this is finally coming to Android. But on the other hand, the price is a bit steep for a game I already own.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I'm so torn.

On one hand, I'm SO happy this is finally coming to Android. But on the other hand, the price is a bit steep for a game I already own.

Wait for a sale. Developers tend to drop the prices of their games significantly during holidays. I remember buying FF 1-3 around Christmas on iOS for $2-$3 back when they were going for $8.99-$15.99.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, if you already own the original just wait for a sale. I think this price is justifiable for those who have never played it.

(Also you've bought the game multiple times, Taochan xD)

Antar

Awards
If I wanted to try the game out, which platform would be best for it? DS or Android?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Wait for a sale. Developers tend to drop the prices of their games significantly during holidays. I remember buying FF 1-3 around Christmas on iOS for $2-$3 back when they were going for $8.99-$15.99.
If it were on for anything under $10 then I would snatch it up with no regrets.

Yeah, if you already own the original just wait for a sale. I think this price is justifiable for those who have never played it.

(Also you've bought the game multiple times, Taochan xD)
It definitely is, especially considering how the game has such inconsistent pricing on Amazon.

(YEAH OKAY BUT, LIKE, THE FIRST COPY DIDN'T HAVE A CASE. I NEEDED A CASE!)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Finally! Gonna pick this up tomorrow when I get paid. I'd kinda given up on hoping this would even come to Android because it'd been so long since the iOS release. Square has been giving TWEWY so much attention recently. A sequel is hopefully on the horizon.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Finally! Gonna pick this up tomorrow when I get paid. I'd kinda given up on hoping this would even come to Android because it'd been so long since the iOS release. Square has been giving TWEWY so much attention recently. A sequel is hopefully on the horizon.

Kando, Ito, and Ishimoto had dinner recently btw haha

If there is no sequel on the horizon, I question Square Enix's sanity.

It definitely is, especially considering how the game has such inconsistent pricing on Amazon.

Yeah. It's crazy how it goes from $19 to $40...

(YEAH OKAY BUT, LIKE, THE FIRST COPY DIDN'T HAVE A CASE. I NEEDED A CASE!)

xD

If I wanted to try the game out, which platform would be best for it? DS or Android?

That's difficult to answer. There is a certain charm in the sprites in the DS version, also being able to experience the cross zone gameplay system is a joy in itself if you like how weird it is, but at the same time the music quality, redrawn images, and one screen gameplay is just as charming. Also the iOS/Android version has a second secret ending that is not in the DS version.

Sdog

Awards
O 'H E double hockey stick' to the yeah, now I got something to pour my lunch breaks into other than Netflix =D!

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I just hope the game has landscape mode support. I have a 5.7 and 7 inch screen that I'd like to take advantage of.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
This just seems so sudden. Did SE make any attempt to promote the game? I might never have found out about this if it wasn't reported here.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This just seems so sudden. Did SE make any attempt to promote the game? I might never have found out about this if it wasn't reported here.

All of the major game news sites have reported on it today. I don't know what else could be done to promote it xD

They usually just spring iOS/Android releases on the day before/day of so it's nothing new or strange.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
This is pretty ironic, I just bought this on iPhone today haha. Glad it's available for even more people to play now. Initially, I didn't know if I should grab it since I still have my DS copy, but I thought "meh, why not". My DS data is gone anyway, I let some friends borrow it to play it, and of course there was only one save file :/ But this will be cool, I'm always a sucker for a polished-up favorite!

Rallade

Awards
I had to log in again just to comment on how awesome this is :D
Thank god I didn't spoil anything for myself yet!

Edit: Played the original, just talking about the extra stuff in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back