• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The World Ends With You Solo Remix Discontinued

what are the chances that we'll get a reason for the cancellation of service?
Slim to none.

I'm also very disappointed in myself for missing the opportunity to say "The World Ends With You Has Ended".

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

the world ends with apple, apparently.

MasterKaze

Awards

Dang, I had really hoped they were going to update it to add comparability. Oh well. At least I got to beat it.

MaxialstarOA

So... no TWEWY sequel then ? T_T This is quite strange because even though the took the page down the Android version can still be bought on the Google Play.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So... no TWEWY sequel then ? T_T This is quite strange because even though the took the page down the Android version can still be bought on the Google Play.
It was only removed from the App Store for Apple products due to Square Enix not making it iOS 8.0 compatible.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Welp, this sucks. Gonna have to delete it off my my iPad then... At least I sill can get it on my phone, for now at least. I

t's kinda stupid that they most likely took it off the app store because of that compatibility issue, when I read in an article a couple weeks ago that on jailbroken devices they found a way to get it around the issue... Screwy.

Oran

Awards

I know this is nothing but bad signs...but I cant help but be smug and cynical and think how our physical DS copies can never be delisted or taken away from us due to compatibility issues. So at least we got that, right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix, what are you doing? All that needed to be done was to fix where TWEWY was pulling source files from. Literally an hour of work and the app could have been right back up.

This is why they need to just port it to Vita and be done with it. They put Deadman's Cross on Vita and I hardly think they have a fanbase behind that game like TWEWY.

This is also why I'll never buy another game by Square Enix on a mobile device. The lack of continued support really kills things for mobile devices.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Glad to see that Square only sees mobile as an alternate source of income and not as a viable development platform worth investing effort in. As a mobile developer myself, I find this incredibly disheartening.

I hope they don't pull this shit on Android as well. They haven't bothered to make their games compatible with ART because devices running KitKat and below don't run it by default......even though ART has become the standard with Lolipop and beyond.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

This is why I as a rule (I might break it for Secret of Mana) won't buy their mobile games myself (not to mention they are too expensive). It's also why with TWENY, I went with the original DS version. I figured that'd always work!

Reminds me, I need to finish the extra stories on it soon as I can. Been putting it off after I got stucks.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Well was thinking of one day getting this but guess that won't be happening now. Least I still have my old DS version

duchessa

Wow, I was just thinking about deleting TWEWY because of the huge amount of space it takes but decided against it since I need to 100% it. Now I'm really glad I didn't. Such sad news for TWEWY. :-(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oran

Awards

This would be a good time to port it to Vita.

So put the niche game on a niche system. Not sure that would help the series grow much to be honest. That being said i could see it being done and would totally buy it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So put the niche game on a niche system. Not sure that would help the series grow much to be honest. That being said i could see it being done and would totally buy it.

It wouldn't really be an attempt to build the fanbase (and Vita has a very solid audience that would probably appreciate a game like TWEWY), but to have an option where the game won't be removed off of a digital store due to the game not being compatible with a latest OS.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Well in case they try to remove it from Android I'm glad I beat it first. I really like that game. Might pick up the DS version and see how different it is.

Arcsol93

Honestly the least square can do is credit the apple users accounts if they're going to be lazy about updating. They shouldn't be allowed to walk away with their money like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back