• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You -{One Day}-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Four months after the epic three-game trial of Neku Sakuraba that helped determine the fate of Shibuya, the city is a far cry from its ailing form a month prior. Now dubbed an optimal parallel reality by the Angels, only one thing remains of the danger that once threatened the city: the Fallen Angel, Sanae Hanekoma. His charges: establishing a Taboo Noise refinery sigil, collaborating with forces hostile to the Composer, and endangering the lives of Players, Reapers and the whole of Shibuya through his interference in the struggle between Composer and Conductor. Four months after these tumultuous games, following what appeared to be a leisurely expedition through many planes and places, Hanekoma was captured and dissolved down to the level of pure Soul, and scattered to the winds over Shibuya.

A dear friend and confidante of Hanekoma, Mitsuga Indou, was involved in his chase and trial. Deeply torn between a where his diverging senses of justice and duty would lead him, he spoke privately with Shibuya's composer following Hanekoma's execution. Although Hanekoma's criminal actions were ultimately necessary to Shibuya's survival, Yoshiya Kiryu chose to remain silent in Hanekoma's trial, fearing that the knowledge of his collaboration would see him stripped of his rank as Composer, with all Shibuya's recent growth gone with it.

Outraged by what he saw as a man merely trying to save face and rank, Mitsuga left while forming a two-fold plan that came to fruition a month later. Eluding the Composer's foresight, the coup d'etat involved Joshua's assassination, immediately followed by the initiation of a Reaper's Game. Mitsuga's goal was to gain control of Shibuya, seal it from the outside world, and destroy it from within as retribution for Hanekoma's fate. Due to Joshua's death, Shibuya immediately went into lockdown, though Mitsuga naturally adopted the role of the Composer. Meanwhile, with a Game started, further barriers were established within and around the city. He seeks to collapse the three Shibuyas of the UG, RG and Noise realms into one, destabilising the city and unleashing chaos on the world, and he needs only a single day to do it. Exactly what effect Shibuya's fusion or destruction will have, no one knows, but it is one of the fulcrums about which the world turns.

PLOT

Generally, you will be one of the Players involved in this Reapers' Game. The city is currently too well-protected for outside forces to penetrate and take down Mitsuga. It's up to the Players, and other assorted characters, to outright stop Mistuga, or buy enough time for help to arrive. Mitsuga's plan relies on physically harmonising the three levels of Shibuya before fusing them, and key to this are certain landmarks throughout the city. By claiming or otherwise destroying things such as the Hachiko statue or the 104 building's towering screen, the Players can hinder Mitsuga's progress, but the success of such efforts is not guaranteed. Some might see better chances in going straight for Mitsuga himself.

ALLIANCES

Due to the sudden take-over, not all Reaper officers or high-rankers are necessarily opposed to the players or in agreement with Mistuga and his Game Master. The Producer, whose role it is to make sure Reapers and Players play fair - usually according to the rules of the Composer - is tenuously opposed to the Composer and his Game, for it is deliberately stacked against the Players from its inception, and of course Shibuya's fate is hanging in the balance. Traditionally, the Conductor is the go-between for the Composer and Reapers, but the events unfolding in Shibuya means the Reapers are acutely aware someone else is giving the orders from up high. Depending on the Conductor's side in the conflict, they may be able to sway Reapers from the Composer's goal.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
CHARACTER CREATION

Positions available: Conductor, Producer, Friendly Reapers (very few), Players. Experienced roleplayers may apply for the Conductor or Producer roles with my permission. The two of you will be playing a much more hands-on role than you might in a more typical game.

Name:
Role:
According to above, if Reaper, list rank as well.
Price: As a Player, what your character gave up or was exposed to in order to join the game.

Appearance:

Background: A little information on, say, what made your character's price so dear to them, and the rough details of their death. We don't care for a blow-by-blow description of those events, though.
Personality: Some level of consistency is preferred. Unexplained contradictions in character traits will most likely not be accepted.
Pins: Up to three brands allowed, maximum of six pins. Players may create one custom pin, with my permission and consultation.

CHARACTER ROSTER

REFERENCE
Shibuya Map
Pin List

Last edited:

saphexteni

Hey! One of my first times at making a character here, so let me know if it's alright. :) Oh, and her last name is in parentheses because she doesn't remember it herself.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Saphexteni, Yukira is accepted, but take a quick look at the amended notes for 'Background' in character creation.

Shinra, I'll need you to work on Renn before I consider accepting you. His price mentions nothing specific of what he actually lost, nor does his background give any information on why it's so important to him. That, and in the grand scheme of things your background prattles on a lot. The way you've constructed his personality could also use some refinement and consistency, especially with the whole idea of him just switching between two polar opposite social types.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
That's why I hinted to Miki's friendship, His price is his entire memory of her... and although he doesn't expect it... Miki means alot to him.

saphexteni

I made the edits to Yukira's bio- I figured her description might be too much. xD I was pretty much brainstorming through her death as I typed it out... xD

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back