• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You | It's A Wonderful World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Re: It's a Wonderful World

23wqhx3.jpg

OH NOEZ

RAMEEEEN

Dimes to dollars that was drawn by one of the child of a art/character/concept artist. That, or nomura had gotten ahold of some really good stuff.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Re: The World Ends With You | It's A Wonderful Life

Changed the title, just in case there was some confusion down the road.

I'll probably pick this up next week sometime.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Re: It's a Wonderful World

Just some tips for when you guys gets this great game.

Abilities (What you would call spells, magic, special attacks, etc.) are called "Psychs" in this game, and these "Psychs" are in embedded in "Pins" that you find and collect throughout the game.

Anyway, your Pins level up independantly from Neku, and all have their own Damages, Effects, Terms of Use, Touch-Motions to Activate, Elemental properties, and even how fast/slow they level up. If you've played Final Fantasy X-2, it's a similar system to that of how the Dress Sphere's many abilities leveled up based on how much you use them, and eventually get "Mastered" (I know Finla Fantasy X-2 was admittedly a mediocre game, but the level up mechanics of the game were legitimately a good idea)

So moving on, when you look at the description of a Pin it'll tell you either "This Pin can Evolve" or that the Pin cannot Evolve. So, certain Pins through certain means actually evolve into more Powerful Pins.

The way Pins Evolve is through specific types of EXP in the game, for a Pin to evolve it will want that the majority of the EXP it's gained to have been from 1 of 3 types of EXP. So for Example, the Psych "Aqua Ghost" requires that the majority (More than 50%) of it's total EXP be from Battle EXP (EXP gained from using the Pin in Battle), if more than 50% of it's EXP s from Battle and you Master that Pin, suddenly it'll start glowing and Evolve into "Aqua Demon", a much more powerful Pin for you to use and level up some more.

The 3 Types of EXP are:
Battle EXP (EXP gained from using that Pin in Battle)
Shut-Down EXP (EXP gained from not playing the game)
Mingle EXP (EXP gained from using the Pin in Multiplayer)

What's this? Shut Down EXP? I'm not sure I mentioned that before, but yes, The World Ends With You gives you EXP for not playing the game! Early on in the Game the tutorial states "We know that life can be busy and you don't want to worry or feel guilty about not playing your Game, so the game automatically rewards you with Shut-Down- EXP, where your character and your equipped Pins gradually gain EXP over the course of the day you've spent not playing the game, so you can leave the game at home worry free, and be excited for the Prize waiting for you when you can finally start playing again"

So yes, certain Pins' evolutions suggest that you equip them and then just leave the game for awhile, and then the game will automatically award them with Shut-Down EXP towards their Evolution.

Also, don't worry about not knowing what % of a Pin's EXP was gained from a certain type, when you click on a Pin's description, there'll be a helpful Meter there that tells you what % of it's EXP came from where, and it's color coded. (Red: Mingle, Blue: Battle, Green: Shut Down). So, just make sure that 1/2 that Bar is the right color, and when you Master that Pin it'll evolve.

afrobutt

Silver Member

^^ Hell ya, this game looks amazing

I didn't pre-order it (damn my wandering mind), will it be tough to get a copy anyway???

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

hmmmm... i've been planning to play this game a long time ago (long live roms)
but i'm very busy with crisis core these days

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net

Well, I think it won't actually be available until later today or tomorrow, depending on where you live. I live on the East Coast, so I'll just have to pick it up tomorrow.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net

Yeah, some people tend to forget that most release dates are actually ship dates. It's very rare that a game actually goes on sale the day of release.

Squall922

I'm very keen on this game. It looks like it will have alot of depth and it kinda reminds me of Kindom Hearts gammeplay. Although made by square Enix of course it is no wonder.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Yeah, some people tend to forget that most release dates are actually ship dates. It's very rare that a game actually goes on sale the day of release.

Not for me. I called the place where I preordered it, and they have it in.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net

Well, that depends on where you live. If you live closer to suppliers, your stores are likely to get them late on the release date. Most people, however, do not have such luck.

Narutoboy

It's not hard but if you try playing with shiki"the girl". Neku "the guy" will just stand there. Even if you have your partner set on auto the cpu still never controls neku.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

CAAALLING SOMEONE IS CALLLING.

Yeah. I got it. Kinda wish someone else I knew did. ( Locally for Wi-Fi outings. )

V

V.A.T.13

^ AUUUGH. THAT SOOOONG.

Yea, I just bought it today. Sorry, but alot of those songs are a wee bit annoying.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

When you go to CD stores and buy songs from them, they all get added to the loop of songs that play in the overworld, menus, shops, etc.

So yeah, early on that song is annoying because it's like the only one in your inventory, but when you unlock AMX and Towa Studios, they get a nice supply of CDs to add to your collection, so you get new tracks to listen to

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

I think I like "It's A Wonderful World" better >:

How does everyone like the game? Is it any good?

Same here, i watched a few vids on youtube, and its been poking my brain whether the game is worth all the talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back