• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You | It's A Wonderful World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
being fashionable isn't that big of a deal except sometimes in the branded areas where your attack or whatever are increased or decreased because of the brand area.

No, that's exactly what I was talking about. There is no real difference in attack depending what you wear and where you are. The only time it ever mattered to me was in Pork Tower, where it made your pins useless if they were not one particular brand.

Still didn't understand the whole Bravery though. You need to be Brave to put on a shirt? It's not like it's going to suck you into some other dimension. Oh, the shoes'll eat your feet. And eating something makes you Braver? o_O

A guy has to be pretty damn comfortable with himself to but on a dress. Just ask D.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I'd defiantly give this game a 10/10, it's the most original DS game there is, possibly even handheld game. Trust me, its worth getting, I was iffy about it too, but I do not regret it at all. I dunno if you watch or even care about the show XPlay but they gave it a 5/5... >_> I dunno if that helps... But it was also a contender for most original game of the year (I think Portal won this one) and contender for best handheld game of the year <- second behind God of War Chains of Olympus... For the Gamers Choice Awards.... Really, I highly recommend this game, it has such a great story, and things you wouldnt think about... And has got to be the best DS game.. And its nicely mature enough, its not all kiddy and what not, like the general DS games...

jexamine

On a scale of 1-10, how is this game, because the way you're describing it, it doesn't seem worth getting [once I get another DS]

i'd say 10/10. this is one of the mus-have games for any DS owners out there. i already saw a WEWY cosplayer last april (neku, shiki, beat and joshua)

OT:
sorry for the same thread that i created. im still lurking my way into the depths of the forums ^_^

KH-Lover

Website
www.formspring.me
i absolutely LOVE this game! its my second fave game next to Kingdom Hearts of course :D anyways i obviously give it a 10/10. just cause it rules. i find that Joshua's the easiest to fight with. oh, and i love the whole battle system. it rocks. and i wish there was a sequel to it. :D ive finished it, i love the ending and it made me almost cry. i love the music, the whole "another day" story (it made me rofl) and the Tin Pin Slammer mini-game is actually fun.

KeyMaker

I was just looking over some diferent websites which report on the success of games in Japan compared to America when I found something that said The World Ends With You was a huge success in America, but in Japan it was quite the bomb. I think I'll keep looking for some reception on the game.

Also the same is being said about Square-Enix game Sigma Harmonics, minus it having success in America seeing as it hasn't come out.

wh1ttle

The World Ends With You is one of the best games I have ever played on any console. I really took a like to the main character, what with him not living in a Fantasy World and slinging a sword around, and also not having a perfect personality.

The story is extremely well done, and steers a way from the typical, "The world is in danger, let's gather a party and go save it", that is common in most RPGs.

The ONLY thing this game is missing, I would say, is a "Badge Map", becuase it's bascially impossible to keep track of how everything evolves, what you have mastered before and what you have not etc.

Whenever there are lists for "Your top games", this game always has a place in mine.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I sold my DS before this game came out and now unable to buy a new DS. So, what exactly is this game about?

It's about a Angst, Emo personified teenager named Neku Sakuraba. He and a number of other "Players" are in a place called the Underground. There, they are forced to play a game held by the reapers. The players have to team up with a partner, something that is way outside Neku's comfort zone, and Fight off the Noise, creatures from a parrallel dimension, and complete the Mission asigned by the Game Master while surviving to the end of the week. Those who succeed earn the right to go back to the RG, or real world.

There's a lot more to the story, but if you knew any more, then it wouldn't be fun.

You control both Neku and his partner durring battle. Neku is controlled via the touch screen, while his partner can be controlled by button prompt via button pad or thumb pad. He has three partners during the course of the game, each with a different battle style, along with different requirements to unleash their distinctive and devestating combo attacks. Little weird at first, but once you get used to it, it's loads of fun.

And oh. my. god! The soundtrack is fantastic! The best soundtrack I've ever heard for a video game.

To tell you just how awesome this game is would take to long. I can honestly say it's one of the best games I've ever played for the DS, and has earned it's place in my permanent collection. Any DS owner should at least try it once, in my opinion.

Marly

Awards
It's about a Angst, Emo personified teenager named Neku Sakuraba. He and a number of other "Players" are in a place called the Underground. There, they are forced to play a game held by the reapers. The players have to team up with a partner, something that is way outside Neku's comfort zone, and Fight off the Noise, creatures from a parrallel dimension, and complete the Mission asigned by the Game Master while surviving to the end of the week. Those who succeed earn the right to go back to the RG, or real world.

There's a lot more to the story, but if you knew any more, then it wouldn't be fun.

You control both Neku and his partner durring battle. Neku is controlled via the touch screen, while his partner can be controlled by button prompt via button pad or thumb pad. He has three partners during the course of the game, each with a different battle style, along with different requirements to unleash their distinctive and devestating combo attacks.

To tell you just how awesome this game is would take to long. I can honestly say it's one of the best games I've ever played for the DS, and has earned it's place in my permanent collection. Any DS owner should at least try it once, in my opinion.

Honestly couldnt have put it better myself. Really.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Honestly couldnt have put it better myself. Really.

I know. But it would have been funny to see you try.

Seriously PMF. Get this game. In fact, go out and get it now. Don't look at me funny because you don't have a DS. It doesn't matter. Why are you still reading? you shouldn't be reading. Move that cursor away from the quote button. Seriously, get up, get your coat, and get your butt out the door!

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Why is it so fun to play with pins? I've gotten into LOOKING for battles so I can work with my pins. (don't have many, but I work on it, still on week one)

Marly

Awards
I know. But it would have been funny to see you try.

Seriously PMF. Get this game. In fact, go out and get it now. Don't look at me funny because you don't have a DS. It doesn't matter. Why are you still reading? you shouldn't be reading. Move that cursor away from the quote button. Seriously, get up, get your coat, and get your butt out the door!

I would have failed, which I assume, would be funny XD

And if this doesnt convince PMF, nothing will.

zerokku

1UP.com said it best - "By all rights, The World Ends With You should be an annoying disaster, a bundle of tired gimmicks and trite clichés. Yet somehow all the things that should be unbearable fall into place and create a game that's far more unique, interesting, and addictive than it has any right to be."

Rix

:)
Awards
Ok, now I'm at the 7th day in joshuas chapter and I'm stuck at the GM fight... Any tips how to beat him?

EDIT: Nvm, I beat him.

Last edited:

madammina

a madammina TWEWY update, Joshua day 3. And that math guy is really getting on my nerves in a fun way. And Joshua even more. I hate it when he touches his face and flips his hair. He is just so patronizing! UGH!

although, I love their convo with the fusion.

Rix

:)
Awards
hehe, I didn't like Joshua at first either xD I hated his giggling xD but I think he is Ok now though...

madammina

ah,yes, the STUPID giggling. And the lying and... I know the ending so it's not like it's gonna come as a big shock (I read the wiki before I even thought about getting my DS) but he just bugs the heck out of me.

Marly

Awards
I love the giggling :(, this makes me sad. Joshua pwns all! He rocks! X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back