• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You | It's A Wonderful World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
Re: The World Ends With You | It's A Wonderful Life

uh damn that mr.h, he's so hard
and joshua also... i need to level up a little

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou

Well I gotta say, I'm having a blast with this game! The only problem I'm having with it is that I can pretty much predict all of the so-called surprises, expect for
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm on the 5th day with Joshua.
ShadowRikuRising said:
Man i can't wait to buy or download that soundtrack... Calling is one of my faves
Game Over's mine, but Calling is a close second.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

The game has much more convoluted surprises than those, Twilight93.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

Mysterious:

For the Joshua Chain Trial and the Pork City Trial in Another Day, this is my ultimate setup:

Neku
Samurai Helm (+20/+20/+500, +combo map time, +hits time)
Pi-Face's Coat (+15/+25/+200, puck power 3)
The Dead Slammurai (+10/+15/+50, puck power 2)
My Phones (+43/+43/+200, +hits time)

Shiki
Samurai Wig (+30/+0/+0, Dual Resistance 1)
Pi-Face's Jeans (+30/+15/+100, Combo Map 2)
Mr. Mew Suit (+20/+20/-100, Resist Knockback)
Her Stuffed Animal (+15/+15/+250, Shiki Fusion +3)

Joshua
Pi-Face's Cap (+20/+25/+200)
Lollipop's Parka (+10/+10/+300, Dual Resistance 2)
Mrs. Claus (+10/+15/+75, Regeneration 3)
Angel Feather (+30/+30/+2000, Joshua Fusion +3)

Beat
Your Cap (+35/+0/+100, Beat fusion +3)
Patchy Biker Jacket (+21/+0/+75)
Iron Maiden's One-piece (+20/+45/+75)
Shades' Headphones (+25/+25/+75, SOS powerup 2)

With this, every single Partner starts with their Level 1 fusion from the very start of the battle, one has a Regeneration ability so they automatically heal throughout the battle, and some are resistant to knockback and/or status effects. Not to mention that Neku from the start of the battle automatically has a 5x Damage Multiplier Light Puck, and with these equips Neku and his Partner will each have over 100+ Attack/Defense, and a +1000 HP bonus.

Also, Joshua is easily the best Partner in the game, when you have Joshua as your Partner always have him attack from the Air as this is his most powerful position, plus it attacks every enemy at once. If you get a lvl 3 Fusion with Joshua it has a 99.99x Damage Multiplier, which means that if you hit any boss in the game with Joshua's lvl 3 Fusion, they will die instantly. Not to mention that with my setup, when you have Joshua as your Partner you have +4000 HP ;)

Last edited:

afrobutt

Silver Member

Bumping my question from before, what lvl did ya'll beat Konishi on Beat's 7th day at? I was playing it at 11 last night, and I lost (Although I wasn't trying hard.).

Edit: Also, what pins would you recommend?

Well I gotta say, I'm having a blast with this game! The only problem I'm having with it is that I can pretty much predict all of the so-called surprises,

Spoiler Spoiler Show

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

If you want to finish the Story, you can just switch to Easy and laze through the Bosses, you can revisit all of them on Higher difficulties for the sake of a challenge and getting their more powerful Drops.

What Pins are you currently using?

afrobutt

Silver Member

If you want to finish the Story, you can just switch to Easy and laze through the Bosses, you can revisit all of them on Higher difficulties for the sake of a challenge and getting their more powerful Drops.

i know, but it makes me feel bad T_T

What Pins are you currently using?

Atm...

Kanesada-Ice Risers-Sushi-Splish Splash Barrier- Cure Drink

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

Switch out Cure Drink and gets a Mastered "Peace Full" pin, and then get "Guardian Angel" to accompany it. Peace Full is 5 uses of 50% healing (Noise 40 on Easy), Guardian Angel is a Pin that automatically uses your Heal pin when Neku goes below 50% damage (Noise 54 on Easy), so that you don't have to worry about manually healing yourself. If you can sacrifice another Pin Slot, I'd suggest "Psych Support" as well, as it adds +2 uses to your Peace Full, so that you have 7 uses of 50% healing.

Kanesada is very good, I think pretty much anyone who has this game has had that in their deck all game. To accompany that, I'd suggest Lightning Anger (Punk ensembles at Molco), Boomer (Dropped by Noise 40 on Hard), and gimme a sec to find a 3rd that you have available to you at the moment.

I'm not sure if you are able to have these yet, but if you have them available, any of these is good:
Lightning Rook (Noise 48 on Easy)
Blue Blood Burns Blue (Evolved from Flames Afar, Foes Aflame)

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

And if you haven't figured it out already, It's worth mentioning that you can increase your pin drop rate with the yellow bar at the bottom of of the phone screen. It basically lets you set your level to anything below your current level, and for every level lower you set it than your current, your drop rate increases by one, so if you set it to five levels below your current level, you have a drop rate of of five, meaning you'll be five times more likely to pick up pins. Whether or not it's the pins you need depends on the monster's drop rate.

Edit: I just got my may subscription of Gamepro. They ran an article called 101 must have handheld games. Those ****ers didn't even mention TWEWY. Instead, they mentioned 9 games that aren't even on handhelds. I'm super pissed.

Last edited:

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

lol thanks muffin
but i didn't read your tips and i won't until i finish everything by myself
i just want to depend on myself instead of using other people's strategy

Joshua is easily the best Partner in the game
i prefer beat, joshua has to be flying to be strong
but beat is strong on ground and air, and just pressing left or right is enough for him

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

Hey Muffinman, you wouldn't happen to know anywhere to get the soundtrack from yet, would you?

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

Meh, you may be able to just press Left and Right for him for normal attacks, but you're not going to get his Fusion that way, his Fusion is the hardest to get out of all 3 and it doesn't even have the damage to compensate, it's one of the weakest.

I dunno why you said Beat's strong in the air, because Beat's damage in the Air is cut by 1/2, and after every Air attack he returns to the Ground again, at which point you have to press Up to have him do an aerial attack again =\

I don't see why you wouldn't want look at a guide, considering even if you do everything by yourself, you basically gimped yourself and are making everything harder. If you don't know how Pins evolve and such, chances are you're using all kinds of weak Pins, or Mastering your Pins when they could be evolving, when you could be using Stronger Pins and thus enjoying battles more =\

Last edited:

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

Meh, you may be able to just press Left and Right for him for normal attacks, but you're not going to get his Fusion that way, his Fusion is the hardest to get out of all 3 and it doesn't even have the damage to compensate, it's one of the weakest.
well you got a point here, i still don't understand the fusion thing
and i noticed that beat is the only one that has two fusions
do shiki and joshua have more than one fusion also?
I dunno why you said Beat's strong in the air
uh i didn't say that, i meant that he attacks whoever in his way up or down
you don't have to press up to hit enemies on air (i know his air attacks are a lot weaker but safety comes first)
I don't see why you wouldn't want look at a guide, considering even if you do everything by yourself, you basically gimped yourself and are making everything harder
i love it the most when the game is hard
just to let you know, i beat both joshua and mr.h on hard mode
only ultimate is left

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

The whole soundtrack is already on iTunes. I've got it already.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

well you got a point here, i still don't understand the fusion thing
and i noticed that beat is the only one that has two fusions
do shiki and joshua have more than one fusion also?

Fusion is the thing where you get Stars for completing the Partner's "minigame", and when you get 4 Stars you get a big Pin that appears on the bottom screen that you push and then a super attack happens.

Every Partner starts out with only a lvl 1 Fusion, you buy the lvl 2 Fusion and the lvl 3 Fusion from stores if you look around, they sell "Shiki Fusion 2" and "Joshua Fusion 3", etc.

uh i didn't say that, i meant that he attacks whoever in his way up or down
you don't have to press up to hit enemies on air (i know his air attacks are a lot weaker but safety comes first)

All of your Partners do this, they all attack both air and ground enemies =\

i love it the most when the game is hard
just to let you know, i beat both joshua and mr.h on hard mode
only ultimate is left

I wasn't suggesting it to make the game easier, and it doesn't make the game easier, it just makes it more fun <.<

I'm just thinking of it this way, if I played through the game and had like 50 Mastered Pins, I beat every single Boss on Ultimate already. After I do that I decide it's okay to look at a Guide to see some tips since I already beat everything on the game for the sake of a challenge, and then I found out that 40 of those 50 Pins I mastered could have evolved into more powerful Pins, or different Pins with different affects...

That would be extremely not-fun to me.

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Josuah's Level three fusion is really the reason I'm replaying the game. Like a dork, I spent all the scarlitites on powerups, and I sacrificed Joshua's level three fusion for getting that last pin slot. This time though, I plan on mainly powering up by using food bonuses, while using the scarlitites on the fusions and and pin slots. I'm already seeing major improvement this playthrough over my last.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

You know that you can go back to Week 1 Day 4, fight a Blue Noise, and you get Scarletite for beating it on Ultimate :<

Though, beating it on Ultimate is hard without Joshua's Fusion lvl 3, because usually you Chain 2-3 regular Noise battles, then the Blue Noise last, and you spend the 2-3 Battles getting Joshua's lvl 3 Fusion, then at the start of the Blue Noise fight you just use it and the Boss dies because of the 99.99x damage xD

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

man i missed many stuff in this game
this is the first time i know about fusion lv 1 2 3
looks like i'll have to play it again >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back