• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU 6th Anniversary Mini Concert Livestream

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Six years ago on July 26th 2007, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU was released in Japan for the Nintendo DS. With its quirky, inventive gameplay, bold artwork, and stellar soundtrack, it slowly gained popularity worldwide as a sleeper hit and has since spawned an iOS remake and mobile social game, and characters from the game even made an appearance in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance].

One of the key aspects people loved about THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU was the soundtrack which was composed by Takeharu Ishimoto, known for his work in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. Today on the THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU's 6th anniversary, Square Enix is holding a mini concert for fan in Tokyo to celebrate the hit title's continued success! Takeharu Ishimoto's band, the Death March, will be performing everybody's favorite songs and remixes from all of the games!

For fans unable to attend the event, there will be a livestream for everybody to watch in order to enjoy the concert! The mini concert begins at 8:30PM JST (4:30AM PDT, 7:30AM EDT) and you can watch the stream below! 

Edit: We have recorded the concert for you to view below. DJ Novoiski's remix segment before the live has been cut due to technical difficulties. Please excuse the minor noise and obstructions. 

Source: Square Enix Music via Twitter

AAurion

Awards
Is this going to be saved on the ustream account to be viewable later? Also, it wasn't when you first posted the link, but now the video is password protected...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dunno. Hope so, but if not I'll have it recording on my computer to share after the concert.

Also yeah, I noticed that as well. I think it is because the concert won't start for another four hours so this way they can do stream and sound tests, fix any tech issues, and then unlock it when the concert starts.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Halfway through the event now. Deja Vu right now with JOANNA.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Love SAWA~

(no announcement though; steam shut off after the final song)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
March On was fantastic. Glad they ended on that song xD

Another day, another lack of TWEWY2 *sob*

This concert was really good, though. Better than the first one! Novoiski killed it as DJ, Keiji Kawamori was there, Ritsu sounded beautiful, SAWA was amazing! They talked about drinking sake to the 6th year. Fun~

Rabla

Website
twitter.com
Master Spockanort, did that recording come out okay? Would love to get my hands on it, since I know a few friends who wanted to watch but missed it due to timezone problems.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Master Spockanort, did that recording come out okay? Would love to get my hands on it, since I know a few friends who wanted to watch but missed it due to timezone problems.

Actually you know how there was all of that lag at the beginning? I stopped recording because of it (I thought it was my computer or internet at first.) I believe Sign made a recording, though. We will probably get it uploaded sometime in the evening.

Rabla, you have an account everywhere!

AlwaysDance

I totally made plans to stay up and watch it but I ended up having sex instead oops.

I need a recording really badly, does anyone know where I can find one?

Oh, and a setlist?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Novoiski part might be missing (though I think we would have had issues uploading that part anyways because of the licensed music he played) but everything else is in tact!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's that Daft Punk!

one more time~

(I should be home in roughly 5-6 hours)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
THIS WASN'T HERE YESTERDAY

They just announced the stream about 5 hours before the event took place unfortunately. It was really short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back