• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
The teaser image at the end of Solo Remix leaves a lot to be desired.
It's been 3 years since it was teased and no word has been around since then.
It leaves us with two possibilities:
1.It is being developed in secrecy and it keeping it a surprise from the public
2.The series will not be continued any further(which would kind of suck)
In your opinion, what do you believe will happen to the series?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The World Ends With You 2

Well, Hashimoto knows fans want it. Nomura said he had ideas...They keep celebrating anniversaries for the game.

I think the failure of Live Remix paired with Matsuda replacing Wada as president probably put a wrench in any potential plans that might have existed back in 2013.

Matsuda has been really into this "oudou", or classic phase, though, so idk...I don't expect it anymore.

TWEWY isn't a classic game by any means, but I think it has the same appeal as an "oudou" game and has the same heart as well, which makes me wish it would make a return.

If NieR could get a sequel, TWEWY should be able to as well.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Re: The World Ends With You 2

Holy heck! The first thing I saw was Master Spockanort posting a message to a thread called TWEWY 2. My heart almost stopped since I thought a sequel had been announced. :(

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Dammit, this got me all excited for a second. ;-;

But like you said, if NieR can get a sequel I feel like this could. The question is when, just hopefully not ten years later but that seems most likely if it's ever gonna happen

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
maybe they turned it into an ensemble fighting game halfway through development.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
All we have to do is nag on every single SE survey ever.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm hoping that, if nothing else, they'll at least consider pulling out a sequel for the 10th anniversary. And tbh, that really isn't even that far away at this point.

Fingers crossed, everyone. I feel like if there ever would be a time to do it, an anniversary such as that would be it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd love to have a 3DS sequel. I wonder if they'd use the Kingdom Hearts PS2 engine?

I hope not. The charm of TWEWY came from the excellent sprites. Also if SE's weird claymation addiction thing is any indication, I imagine it'd end up looking like WoFF or KH3D's opening and I dislike the clay look a lot (except in WoFF).

I'm hoping that, if nothing else, they'll at least consider pulling out a sequel for the 10th anniversary. And tbh, that really isn't even that far away at this point.

Fingers crossed, everyone. I feel like if there ever would be a time to do it, an anniversary such as that would be it.

We are so close. It just needs to happen. ;~;

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
A TWEWY2 would likely not have sprites. :C Most games that had sprites initially are getting/have gotten sequels with 3D renders instead.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
A TWEWY2 would likely not have sprites. :C Most games that had sprites initially are getting/have gotten sequels with 3D renders instead.

Bravely Second didn't, though. And that's a Square Enix game.

However, maybe that was SE rightly realizing people really loved BD because it was like a classic Final Fantasy (and so they decided to keep it the same with Bravely Second for that reason), but maybe they'd go in a different route with a TWEWY2?

Edit: This is why I shouldn't be able to make posts when I'm tired. LOL. Yeah, Bravely Default and Bravely Second don't have sprites at all. I was thinking of their somewhat lower quality models that are due to the space on the 3DS, I assume (and possibly a style choice). Just ignore this post of mine. XD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yeah, as much as I love them, sprites are probably out. What a TWEWY 2 needs is some sick cel-shaded graphics invoking it's art style. (I need those sweet, bold lines.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would be down with a cel-shaded style as long as it retains the creative quality that TWEWY had

However, maybe that was SE rightly realizing people really loved BD because it was like a classic Final Fantasy (and so they decided to keep it the same with Bravely Second for that reason), but maybe they'd go in a different route with a TWEWY2?

But Bravely Default was already a 3D title, just with "chibi" styled character models.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

But Bravely Default was already a 3D title, just with "chibi" styled character models.
^^^^^^^

It honestly is a bit depressing that sprites have essentially gone the way of indie only. But as long as they aren't weird little 3D clay people, like Ethy mentioned, I think it'll be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back