• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The wisest villan of all?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora341

Awards
Who would you say, is the wisest antagonist of all stories? I would have to say Xehanort...

But maybe i'm just a bit partial to KH.

Thoughts please!

Gram

Banned
Awards
More like Aizen was the biggest troll in villain history. Dx

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Wisdom does not mean smart or intelligent. A wise villain is the most terrifying kind of villain, because they're almost always right, and they almost always change the hero in some way.

Colonel Kurtz, from Apocalypse Now, is probably the wisest I've seen. The American government feared him because he not only went beyond their control, but because he started to befriend the enemies. And every man sent to kill him ended up joining him.

Another great one is Roy Baty, from Blade Runner, who give a speech on the wonder of life and how tragic it is when one is lost.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Hmm, I'm struggling to think of a really good example of a wise villain that I can remember from anime or manga (as much as I like Johan, I don't know if I'd call him "wise," per se).

The first character that comes to mind would be someone like Sanetoshi Watase from Mawaru Penguindrum. He doesn't even come across as a villain at first, slowly using sweet words and subtle manipulation to influence the other major players in the story.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men. He's clearly an insane villain, yet his actions, words, and ideology deceivingly appear to have some rationality to them. He certainly does have wisdom, albeit the unconventional/insane kind.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Wisdom does not mean smart or intelligent. A wise villain is the most terrifying kind of villain, because they're almost always right, and they almost always change the hero in some way.

Colonel Kurtz, from Apocalypse Now, is probably the wisest I've seen. The American government feared him because he not only went beyond their control, but because he started to befriend the enemies. And every man sent to kill him ended up joining him.

Another great one is Roy Baty, from Blade Runner, who give a speech on the wonder of life and how tragic it is when one is lost.

You're right. I was actually struggling with the question of the OP and quickly jotted down an answer of a villain i felt was more than enough in being a great villain...but as far as wise goes...hmmm

i can't really pinpoint one

Shinra

Banned
Awards
hmmm I have to say probably Ganondorf... Ganondorf in most of his games has always come close to his goals or succeeded in reaching them and was very cunning in doing so... he's also very well matured for a villiain... he does his best to prevent his rule from being unraveled when he succeeds using the same intelligence that he exploits to reach them...

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
The wisest villain in all stories? Hm.... man.

Some incarnations of Lex Luthor. The Young Justice TV series comes to mind. Vandal Savage would also be a good fit as well. It seems those two are constantly one step ahead, constantly have safety nets in case one plan doesn't work. Always have something else up their sleeve.

This is a really hard question. I need to think about his one more. There's gotta be something better than fricken Lex Luthor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back