• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Wild ARMs series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderz

I personally hate the wild arms series. it was the story repeated it's self more then fire emblem on the GBA. the only version I liked was four since they desided to cut the bullsh!t and make a new battle system and new wepons.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
If you EVER refer to wild ARMs Four as part of the main series again, you die. Four is a departure from the series. It is NOTHING like the other games. It is made by a completely different company. It is evil.

The Wild ARMs series (excluding four) is excellent. The best RPG series out there, in my opinion (Yes yes, Final Fantasy is awesome, but personally, I don't think it's the best. Sorry, Square Fanboys). The best, in my opinion, is the very first one. The story was excellent, the battle system superb (and traditional), and it was an overall awesome game. Even Alter Code: F doesn't quite compare to the original, despite it's cool additions.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I bought the original Wild Arms shortly after its release, and it was a very enjoyable RPG for pretty much the reasons that Manchester stated. Also, I must say that the music quite good.

The third Wild Arms was quite good, from what I played. I particularly enjoyed how it seemed to be more like a Western than the previous installments. We need more Westerns...badly.

By the way, Lady Harken rules.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Excuse me? The first Wild Arms had some of the best dungeon designs in recent memory. Square-Enix could definitely take some lessons from it. The story held my interest, and it wasn't the typical RPG. The Western-esque world helped to make it a breath of fresh air. I really don't see much wrong with the first Wild Arms.

The third one was pretty much just like the first, but with some more "modern" improvements.

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
Wild ARMs 4 isnt even a wild arms game! its a sci-fi style, rpg shooter....don't we already have shit like Xenosaga for that? i thought so.

Wild ARMs 1 was the first major RPG in America, but sadly lost a lot of business to FFVII, Wild ARMs 2 had a not-so-great story, but still great gameplay, and 3 was just great all around, not to mention had some of the best characters of any game i played.

and SN is right, outside of Wild ARMs and Red Dead Revolver, i havent played many good westerns...i guess sci-fi, shoot-em-up zombies and ninjas are just too popular nowadays.

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
I can't believe I haven't noticed this thread until now! >.<

I played Wild ARMS 2. Sadly I didn't get that far. I started the game off with Lilka, and I remember the battle system being fun! And Lilka's umbrella was a unique choice of a staff. <3

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
yeah, i cant beleive i didnt notice this until now either, i only have wild arms 3, but its a great game, mabey i shouldnt have gone online for help though...owell, the gameplay was alot like other gameplays, but something about it was better, and the load time for it was amazing, like 2 seconds to load, not to mention the graphics had no flaws, it was perfect for the look they were going for. the only flaw i can think of is that it shouldve had voice actors, but other then that, i have no complaints.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Cloudy_Card said:
i guess sci-fi, shoot-em-up zombies and ninjas are just too popular nowadays.

Shit...we still don't see too many ninja games today, anyway...at least any decent ones. Ninja Gaiden was awesome, but that was an exception. The rest pale in comparison. Shinobi's level designs were the most bland I've ever seen, and the Tenchu series refuses to evolve along with the rest of the industry. The rest are utter garbage.

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
aww Shinobi wasn't that bad, its was challenging and gory at least. and tenchu....well tenchu is just repetitive and urealistic .

but anyways, on the thread topic, there's a wild arms 5 in the works i hear.

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
What i meant was, Tenchu's big claim to fame is how realistic it's supposed to be, and its very realistic, until you start fighting demon ninjas are start ripping men's hearts out with your bare hands. Other than that, yes, it's completely realistic. It could've had a splinter cell-level of realism with the subtraction of demons, and the addition of a dragging bodies feature.

_Omni_

.The Rebirth of GFX.
Whoever said three was the best you're way off. Wild Arms 2nd Ignition was waaay better than Wild Arms 3. Maybe not graphic wise because 2 was a playstation game, but the story was great, and the battle system is right on 3's heels, if not better. It was also longer. But in general, the Wild Arms series was great. Second RPG I ever played.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Manchester Black said:
If you EVER refer to wild ARMs Four as part of the main series again, you die. Four is a departure from the series. It is NOTHING like the other games. It is made by a completely different company. It is evil.

The Wild ARMs series (excluding four) is excellent. The best RPG series out there, in my opinion (Yes yes, Final Fantasy is awesome, but personally, I don't think it's the best. Sorry, Square Fanboys). The best, in my opinion, is the very first one. The story was excellent, the battle system superb (and traditional), and it was an overall awesome game. Even Alter Code: F doesn't quite compare to the original, despite it's cool additions.

I completely agree. I just dont think 1 was the best. I would say 2 in my opinion and 4 came in second.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Cloudy_Card said:
What i meant was, Tenchu's big claim to fame is how realistic it's supposed to be, and its very realistic, until you start fighting demon ninjas are start ripping men's hearts out with your bare hands. Other than that, yes, it's completely realistic. It could've had a splinter cell-level of realism with the subtraction of demons, and the addition of a dragging bodies feature.

Tenchu never made the claim of being that realistic. The way in which you fought your opponents was much more akin to the way in which actual ninja did.l Sure, it was exaggerated, but it was never really striving for total realism. It just wanted to greatly emphasize the stealth.

wonderz

Square Ninja said:
Shit...we still don't see too many ninja games today, anyway...at least any decent ones. Ninja Gaiden was awesome, but that was an exception. The rest pale in comparison. Shinobi's level designs were the most bland I've ever seen, and the Tenchu series refuses to evolve along with the rest of the industry. The rest are utter garbage.

try narutimate ninja showdown 3 for Ps2 or naruto tensein ninja 3 for gamecube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjb_-IBe0E&search=naruto%20narutimate%203%20naruto%20ou gi gi ~ naruto pwning ass :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back