• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Whole Enchilada about Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirozora

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Since we know Namine will appear to BHK in KH2 (and we all know what she did in CoM, right? wrong, someone tell me who the hell she is) what do you think she'll end up doing in KH2?

love interest? some crazy memories controller? simply Kairi's Shadow? or something more?

DarrcEnigma

ddog said:
Hook up with someone probably.
Well that'd be a pretty stupid reason to have her in the game, don't you think? Sora and Naminé are friends now, even though he won't remember what happened during the course of Chain of Memories. From that, I'd assume she'd just tag along with Sora, Donald and Goofy much like Jiminy does. Perhaps she'll write a journal of her own, or she'll just tag along with Sora until she finds a world she feels "safe" in, where she can find some friends and lead a reasonably normal life. If that's the case, I'd personally put my bets towards Twilight Town or Destiny Islands -- or BHK's friends and Kairi, respectively.

Naminé needs the power of Castle Oblivion to alter people's memories, that's why Sora was led there by Marluxia. I doubt she'd have any real use as a fighter or anything like that.

As for who Naminé is, she's another original character made for the Kingdom Hearts series. She's a witch with the ability to manipulate people's memories. As a note, she's not a "part" of anyone (Especially Kairi.), nor did Sora or Riku meet her before the events of Chain of Memories. That's really all there is to her so far.

flary26

I think she will be of real use. If she can only alter memories with the power of Castle Oblivion, how did she figure it out, then? She could use some other place's power for it. Say, the clock tower on Twilight Town could have some special power that she could use. With the ability she had, I don't think she'll be laying on the side for too long.

Personally, I think she goes to Twilight T. First because she does speak to BHK, which is only seen on TT. And then because Axel is on TT. I think he's tryin go hunt her down. He used her once, what tells us he won't again?

DarrcEnigma

flary26 said:
I think she will be of real use. If she can only alter memories with the power of Castle Oblivion, how did she figure it out, then? She could use some other place's power for it. Say, the clock tower on Twilight Town could have some special power that she could use. With the ability she had, I don't think she'll be laying on the side for too long.
To make it clear, this is mostly just my opinion based upon what I've seen. I'm not going to bother to hunt down proof, or anything like that. If you agree with it, fine. If not, that's fine, too. That being said:

First, that implies that she was ever outside of Castle Oblivion. The Organization has apparently been holding her there for quite some time (long enough that she's never gotten close to anyone), and she's not that old to begin with. Second, I wouldn't think a power like hers would just appear out of nowhere, you know? It's likely that one (or both) of her parents had the ability as well, and it was passed down to her when she was born. If her parent(s) had the ability, that would also explain why the Organization knew of her powers and why they held her captive. Third, Marluxia had to lure Sora inside Castle Oblivion to set his plan into motion. If she had the ability to alter memories outside of it, he could have just brought her along, stayed at a reasonable distance, and handled it that way.

There's also the fact that she had to take Sora, Donald, and Goofy to the top floor of the castle to "repair" their memories, and of course the fact that it took a good five or six floors of Castle Oblivion before she really started to get into Sora's mind. Battles won't last that long, and Heartless (for example) don't have memories to begin with. Hence, she'd serve little purpose while fighting. Not only that, but you'd think that if it was possible to alter the memories of the Nobody (/Organization), she would have done so with Marluxia and the others in order to escape, eh?

flary26

Hum. I never meant she would be fighting directly. We know there is a quite large span of time between CoM and KH2, so she could have started altering memories during that time. And she may be able to perfect her technique after a while.

I never said she could alter memories anywhere. But there could be other energy sources like CO that the Organization doesn't know about.

Good point on she not altering the Org.'s memories. Maybe they have ways to counter it. Who knows.

DarrcEnigma

flary26 said:
We know there is a quite large span of time between CoM and KH2, so she could have started altering memories during that time. And she may be able to perfect her technique after a while.
Indeed there is, however who would she have to "practice" on aside from Sora, Donald, Goofy and Jiminy? Castle Oblivion is connected to the crossroads, which from what I can tell is somehow related to End of the World, which no longer exists. Hence, how could anyone get there? She has to be resonably close to them (refering to Marluxia luring Sora inside again) to alter their memories, plus she's gotta worry about getting the gang's memories back in working order.

Also, I don't see how she could "perfect her technique" if she's still relying on Castle Oblivion's power to help correct the gang's memories. If she was doing it herself, then I could see her getting better at it. But, well, she's not. But perhaps I'm not looking at it the right way. I just can't see any reasonable use for her -- no more than I can find one for BHK's friends or Kairi.

Shirozora

Website
www.fanfiction.net
ddog said:
yeah i wonder what she'll do. Hook up with someone probably.

sheesh you are so stereotypical. a prime example of modern society. woman = only there to hook up wiht a man! (or beast. or outworldly being. or several men. or a woman. or several women. etc. use your imagination but don't share with us if its beyond rated R)

surely you can think of a better idea of her purpose in the game! hook up with a man indeed! time for women to move out of the shadow!

It seems that Namine will be in touch with BHK and they're both kinda 'light-clothed' people (kinda reminds me of Tolkien's Elves, don't ask why) so maybe this has something to do with those damn shadows of other ppls thing.

what does it mean for Namine to be Kairi's shadow anyways?

DarrcEnigma

Shirozora said:
One of the definitions for shadow reads "an imitation of something." I believe that's the one that applies in this case: She replaced Sora's memories of Kairi with fake memories of herself. Hence, she sort of "became" Kairi as far as Sora was concerned.

I don't really think it means anything else, especially in relation to the "parts" of a being.

DarrcEnigma

Shirozora said:
but anyways, is she then just some random person with the power to fool around with ppl's memories?
Unless there's something I missed, yeah, that about sums up who she is.

DarrcEnigma

Shirozora said:
but how might that power play about in KH2? fiddling with BHK's memories? i'm sure she's done messing with Sora's....ut would that be a reason why there's going to be some mini-movie with them talking with each other, among other things?
To be honest I was actually pretty surprised to hear she would even be in Kingdom Hearts II. The only thing I've come up with is that she's just tagging along with Sora since there's no one left in Castle Oblivion now except Sora's party and her. I personally doubt she'd mess with BHK's memories, though -- she only messed with Sora and the other's because she was forced to.

She could be talking with BHK for any number of reasons. She might know him somehow (not a clue how), or they could simply be talking about Sora, or even BHK's Keyblade/Keychain(s). It's hard to say without actually seeing the trailer. And even if we could see it that might not be enough to get us anywhere...

DarrcEnigma

DARK_RIKU3000 said:
i m new whos Namine?
Have you ever visited a Kingdom Hearts II theory forum before? If so, they used to call Naminé the "BHG," or blonde-haired girl. If not, she's a new character from Chain of Memories. You can find pictures of her back on the main site (kingdomhearts2.net), or you could play through Chain of Memories, I guess.

C

chaoschao

Shirozora said:

Don't forget about the theory that many people I've talked to have, where in KH2 there are basically "light" and "dark" versions of everyone.

For example:
Sora (Dark) BHK (Light)
Riku (Dark) Blindfolded Riku (Purified, or light)
Kairi (Light?) Namine (Dark?)

So Namine could be the Dark "shadow" of Kairi. That's what I thought, at least.

DarrcEnigma

chaoschao said:
Don't forget about the theory that many people I've talked to have, where in KH2 there are basically "light" and "dark" versions of everyone.

For example:
Sora (Dark) BHK (Light)
Riku (Dark) Blindfolded Riku (Purified, or light)
Kairi (Light?) Namine (Dark?)

So Namine could be the Dark "shadow" of Kairi. That's what I thought, at least.
Problem is, they have absolutely no proof to back up their claims. There also happens to be immeasurable proof against it. Some more than others, depending on how far you want to take it. If you say that they're "parts" of one another (IE: BHK is Sora's "light side"), you run into problems similar to these:
-Sora isn't dark
-BHK lives in "Twilight" Town; twilight isn't light
-Riku and the BFU are one and the same (Watch ending scene from R/R)
-Naminé isn't dark; nor is Kairi
-Sora and BHK don't look identical, and therefore aren't the same person
-Kairi and Naminé don't look identical, and therefore aren't the same person

If you go with equivalents, you run into fewer problems, but they're still there:
-There's no proof of which "Realm" Twilight Town appears in
-There's no proof of which "Realm" Destiny Islands appears in
-Hollow Bastion appears in the "Present Realm"
-We don't know where Naminé originally lived

That's all somewhat beside the point, though. They didn't say Naminé was Kairi's shadow, they just said she was shadowing Sora's memory of Kairi.

C

chaoschao

I know that there is ALOT of evidence against it, but Sora's new dark costume is supposed to have a large role in the next game. And since he did become a heartless in KH, he might have become a bit on the dark-good side, like Riku at the end of R/R. That, and BHK looks ALOT like Sora.

Plus, The fact that BFU and Riku look the exact same doesn't mean they are the same. After all, Ansem was the one who was blinded by Kingdom Hearts. So, for all we know, in Deep Dive, it was Riku running towards Riku. I mean, you don't exactally see their faces, and it my 'shadow' theory is right, then there could be two Riku's.

And how do we know Namine isn't dark? She was a 'witch', just like Maleficent, and wasn't exactally pure of heart, even if she was being used by the Organization. Plus, the fact that there is "light within darkness" could explain her light clothing.

But then again, what the heck do I know.

L

l_neiman

DarrcEnigma said:
Problem is, they have absolutely no proof to back up their claims. There also happens to be immeasurable proof against it.
A lot of the things you list as "proof" aren't really proof, but opinions. Just because you claim that "Naminé isn't dark; nor is Kairi" doesn't make it true, since you don't have evidence to back that up either, other then your own opinion, which is as perfectly valid as other people's opinions regarding the true nature of Naminé.

You say that:
DarrcEnigma said:
Riku and the BFU are one and the same (Watch ending scene from R/R)."
But is this really the case? At the end of R/R we see Riku and Mickey dressed in Organization garb (which was also shown in the footage of COM shown at the Tokyo Game Show, I believe), but Riku's not blindfolded, which means that he could potentially be the Blindfolded Unknown, or he could be another one of the unknowns in Deep Dive. Granted, the Dual-Wielding Unknown is in all likelihood the BHK, since we have game-footage of KH2 with the BHK wielding two keyblades, but that still leaves two other Unknowns that could be Riku. I'm not saying I disagree with you, because I do in fact believe that Riku is the BFU, but the "proof" you claim to have is not really proof at all, just a strong hunch, since all we know is that Riku is one of the Unknowns in Deep Dive, and nothing else...

Another point you bring up:
DarrcEnigma said:
"They didn't say Naminé was Kairi's shadow, they just said she was shadowing Sora's memory of Kairi."
.This is also not true. In one scene of Chain of Memories Naminé refers to herself as Kairi's shadow, in so many words. I don't think that anyone ever says that Naminé was "shadowing Sora's memory" (as far as I recall; if I'm mistaken someone please correct me and say when this takes place), so I have no reason to believe that over the possibility of Naminé actually being somehow connected to Kairi.

As a final point to mention, you say:
DarrcEnigma said:
"Sora and BHK don't look identical, and therefore aren't the same person; Kairi and Naminé don't look identical, and therefore aren't the same person."
What are you basing this on? How do you know that someone's shell, to use the term used by the Unknown in Final Mix, is physically identical to the original person, or that the fact that they are more dark/light then the original altered their looks somehow? They look enough alike (BHK --> Sora, Naminé --> Kairi) to leave this whole issue very ambiguous and impossible to resolve without more information.

I think it's pretty useless to flat-out DENY a possibility when a case can be made for it, even if it's not as strong as we'd like, and your "evidence" to prove the contrary really isn't evidence at all...

Neo_Heartless

I have been formulating a theory that may be way off base but what if another side, another story was a parralel fight between light and dark, Sora=BHK,Kairi=Namine, Riku=BFU, but they find out about each other and have to work together in some form, which is why BFU is looking for Sora.???????.......Just a thought

L

l_neiman

I guess it's possible, but it doesn't seem that plausible to me, personally...

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the dual-wielding unknown that asks "Where is Sora?", and not the blindfolded unknown? That would go along with your theory, anyway, since it would be Sora's "other side" looking for him, rather than Riku's other side.

I'll bet DarrcEnigma is gonna love this one, ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back