• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The way VEN uses his keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Yeah, he holds his keyblade backward. Like this:

VenStyle.jpg

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

another worthless thread.
no offense but really its just how people hold them.

not exactly,

usually when the blade is turned at its dull side, it's only to knock your opponent out instead of slicing and etc. I believe allot of Samurai's used the technique to unintentionally harm their opponents without killing them as a way to demonstrate strength or somewhat. So yeah.........

im starting to rethink this........

UrbanQuattrus

^I really doubt that Sora was concerned with samurai technique when the keyblade fell into his hands, and I doubt that "showing strength" without attacking lethally is worth much when your opponent is a never-ending stream of mindless monsters. I agree with jeezlouis, it really is probably just a personal preference.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

yup, as i said i was rethinking my statement. But if this was some other case, it'd just be the fact that they're holding the keyblade wrong. Anyways, again that is the soul purpose of using the dull part of a blade. Perhaps he didn't want to kill MX................well whatever this is personal preference

Izayoi

galactic cancer
He also holds it like this in the first KHII trailer, if you look closely. He's left-handed in the trailers, but so far in the gameplay he's just like everyone else, it's a shame.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
nvm... hopefully ven is left handed but i can't see the second screenshot clear enough...

Screen%2013.jpg

ven.png

Last edited:

Dragoryu

Considering the keyblade is a magical weapon, I don't think it matters which way you hold it. It'll cut if the wielder wants it to.
In the case of Riku's keyblade...just look at the thing. Aerodynamic-wise, it looks like it's meant to be held that way.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
The Ven in the Secret Endings was left handed, now he's right handed in the actual title. Perhaps that's the reason why his fighting style looks so awkward. But he does hold the Keyblade in an almost reverse fashion, maybe the way he uses, allows him to draw more damage to his opponents. He focuses on speed, so maybe the way he holds his Keyblade, complements his abilities...

Twiligan

its called a sword fighting style, not everyone with a keyblade has to use it the same way, He uses a Reverse Blade fighting syle, usually used when a swordsman isnt trying to harm his opponet. But in my personal opinion mabe he should use it like everyone else, cuz in that trailer, his ass got royaly kicked.

Mahagna

Why don't we just call the style "backhand", like it should be? And I don't really see why this stand out as it's a pretty common practice with some samurai, ninja, etc. (any sword-fighter in Japanese history?)

P.S. I would love for Ven to be left-handed so that all we lefties could have someone to relate to...(sorta)

Lexeon

its called a sword fighting style, not everyone with a keyblade has to use it the same way, He uses a Reverse Blade fighting syle, usually used when a swordsman isnt trying to harm his opponet. But in my personal opinion mabe he should use it like everyone else, cuz in that trailer, his ass got royaly kicked.

Well, it wasn't just Ven. All three of the knights got kicked around like rag dolls. Ven, Terra, and Aqua all got defeated.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

he's not talking about the KH2 FM+ Secret Ending, he is talking about the leaked BBS trailer

I<3Roxas

I personally think it's just his preference. As I stated in another similar thread, Ven seems to be more about quick, fast strikes, rather than brute force. how he holds it is similar to a rogue with daggers. I don't think he is trying to hold back on who he's fighting - notice how he tries to hit the back of MX's head in the FM trailer. I don't think the shots in the leaked trailer have anything to do with him getting beat nessecarily - remember in KH1, if you beat Leon in the beginning of the game, he still "lost" because he was over exerted? Whether you won or lost the fight, Sora was gonnna be knocked out and taken to the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back