• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Walt Disney Company To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. for $52.4 Billion In Stock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's finally happened, here is the official press release.

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/wa...pinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock/

• 21st Century Fox to spin off Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News, Fox Business, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network to its shareholders.

• Acquisition complements and enhances The Walt Disney Company’s ability to provide consumers around the world with more appealing content and entertainment options.

• Transaction to include 21st Century Fox’s film and television studios, cable entertainment networks and international TV businesses.

• Popular entertainment properties including X-Men, Avatar, The Simpsons, FX Networks and National Geographic to join Disney’s portfolio.

• Expands Disney’s direct-to-consumer offerings with addition of 21st Century Fox’s entertainment content, capabilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia; Hulu stake becomes a controlling interest.

• Addition of extensive international properties, including Star in India and Fox’s 39% ownership of Sky across Europe, enhances Disney’s position as a truly global entertainment company with world-class offerings in key regions.

• Robert A. Iger to remain Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company through 2021.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
It's important to note that it isn't a done deal just yet. While the companies made a deal, it still needs to be approved by antitrust regulators and the Justice Department.

I've got mixed feelings. It sucks that one company is just absorbing a lot of the others, but on the other hand, Disney has really elevated their last several acquired properties and I can't wait to see what happens with a lot of this new content. I'm also glad Iger is staying on, I wasn't a fan of any of his rumored replacements.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I just think Disney is getting too big for its bridges. Fox is probably making a mistake since Disney might decide to make Fox exactly like The Disney Channel.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Geez, Disney has no chill on acquisitions. Uhh, hopefully this will turn out to be something more than it was?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Geez, Disney has no chill on acquisitions. Uhh, hopefully this will turn out to be something more than it was?

This makes the $4 Billion acquisition of Marvel Entertainment and Lucasfilm and $8 Billion acquisition of Pixar as chump change in comparison to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back