• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Voice" in Station of Awakening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Again, I don't give two sh!ts what Nomura has to say or how he "works". If they're not going to bother explaining in the games then it's up to me to decide.

And I never said Nomura doesn't get a large chunk of credit for the game, he does. In fact, he probably gets more than everyone else. He just doesn't get all of it.

Then you should respect that most people aren't going to do that, and that some discussions will go heavily against your views on the game for the simple fact that people are following the interviews which are proven facts for this series and for a majority of fans on forums like these.

RoomKey

Then you should respect that most people aren't going to do that, and that some discussions will go heavily against your views on the game for the simple fact that people are following the interviews which are proven facts for this series and for a majority of fans on forums like these.

Of course I respect it! I'm simply expressing my own views >.<

chenoehii

Awards
Hoookey-dokey...

61266466.jpg

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
This is the quote that we usually reference, though the source of the translation currently escapes me.
1) Mysterious Voice

It's the King calling to Sora here. In the Dive To Heart, the King guides Sora through his dream, explaining the intentions of the adventure.

When Sora acquires the Keyblade for the first time after this (p.95) and just before passing through the last door of The End of The World (p.139), Sora hears a voice reverberate in him that sounds like the King's. It seems so that those around him understand without hearing, the King speaks to Sora's heart directly.

I don't think that's what anyone's doing, but I'm sure we can all agree at least that Mickey is canon until proven otherwise. If it is then it'll have to happen in KH3.

Moderators, since the thread's 'purpose' has been served, should it be closed now? Or not, we can keep ... theorizing lol

You can keep discussing in here if you'd like :)
It's from the Kingdom Hearts Ultimania Alpha (page 87), one of the trivia facts that can be found throughout the book.

Since this book came out shortly before Kingdom Hearts 2, we can assume that it's still canon now.

Last edited:

chenoehii

Awards
It's from the Ultimania Alpha, one of the triva facts that can be found thrououtght the book.

Since this book came out shortly before Kingdom Hearts 2, we can assume that it's still canon now.

Ehhh.. the quote didn't come through; you're talking about the Mickey thing?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Regardless of canon evidence and plausibility of it being Mickey (yes even just from the game KH 1 FM alone, not even counting the interviews), I just love how some people keep bringing up the voice being "too formal" to be Mickey and then bring out Ventus as the possible other source of the voice.
Like, err, people, have you ever actually played BBS or saw scenes involving Ventus? He doesn't speak like that at all too. If the wording is too formal for Mickey, it is clearly for Ven as well.
Even disregarding all other out-of-universe reasons why it is impossible to be Ventus, even in-universe it is close to zero, y'know, because Ven was sleeping and completely busy trying to slowly heal his totally shattered and maimed heart. He's like a vegetable/coma-patient until KH DDD when his heart finally stirs again, so he clearly has no time nor business holding some philosophical chat with Sora in the awakening stations.

chenoehii

Awards
Regardless of canon evidence and plausibility of it being Mickey (yes even just from the game KH 1 FM alone, not even counting the interviews), I just love how some people keep bringing up the voice being "too formal" to be Mickey and then bring out Ventus as the possible other source of the voice.
Like, err, people, have you ever actually played BBS or saw scenes involving Ventus? He doesn't speak like that at all too. If the wording is too formal for Mickey, it is clearly for Ven as well.

True. Personally I don't think the way in which the voice spoke is that important. It'll seem out of character for almost anyone.

Even disregarding all other out-of-universe reasons why it is impossible to be Ventus, even in-universe it is close to zero, y'know, because Ven was sleeping and completely busy trying to slowly heal his totally shattered and maimed heart. He's like a vegetable/coma-patient until KH DDD when his heart finally stirs again, so he clearly has no time nor business holding some philosophical chat with Sora in the awakening stations.

But, his heart did speak to Sora when it connected with him the final time, so I don't think we can rule out the possibility. *shrugs*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
True. Personally I don't think the way in which the voice spoke is that important. It'll seem out of character for almost anyone.

But, his heart did speak to Sora when it connected with him the final time, so I don't think we can rule out the possibility. *shrugs*

Not completely, this formal manner of speaking can be found in some characters throughout the series, namely DiZ/Ansem the Wise, Eraqus, Master Xehanort or even Ansem SoD (when he isn't in Darkness, darker Darkness, dark dark Submit!-speech mode).

Yea, and did you notice how exhausted and low Ven's voice sounds in that final cutscene of BBS when he's on little Sora's awakening station?
He was on his last legs and barely holding out, the final "Thank you" when Sora allows him to stay is almost like a sigh of relief that he can finally rest somewhere safe.

chenoehii

Awards
Not completely, this formal manner of speaking can be found in some characters throughout the series, namely DiZ/Ansem the Wise, Eraqus, Master Xehanort or even Ansem SoD (when he isn't in Darkness, darker Darkness, dark dark Submit!-speech mode).

Yea, and did you notice how exhausted and low Ven's voice sounds in that final cutscene of BBS when he's on little Sora's awakening station?
He was on his last legs and barely holding out, the final "Thank you" when Sora allows him to stay is almost like a sigh of relief that he can finally rest somewhere safe.

..Yeah, that's why I said 'almost,' lol.

Actually, AtW isn't a completely ridiculous option either, theory wise that is. Except the fact that he probably didn't even know who Sora was at the start of KH1. But still, a fun thought.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
..Yeah, that's why I said 'almost,' lol.

Actually, AtW isn't a completely ridiculous option either, theory wise that is. Except the fact that he probably didn't even know who Sora was at the start of KH1. But still, a fun thought.

Must have overread that, lol.

The thing with AtW however would be that that he hasn't really portrayed the ability to actively reach out for other hearts like Mickey has.
Spoken strictly theory-wise though AtW would certainly make more sense than Ventus in any case.
That being said, for the voice Roxas hears in KH 2 DiZ may actually be true as he was in the digital Twilight Town during that period.

The thing with Mickey being confirmed to be the voice also isn't just from the KH 1 Ultimania interview alone.
The interview just plainly spills it out, but the Final Mix version of KH 1 itself gives the audience more than just an implication towards Mickey being the one contacting other hearts in the scene where Riku wanders in the Realm of Darkness and Mickey finally succeeds in contacting him.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think Mickey is definitely capable of being formal because of his letter in KH1. There was no dialogue but just text. I think Re:coded always exemplifies his formality in speaking.

Anagram

Banned
Again, I don't give two sh!ts what Nomura has to say or how he "works". If they're not going to bother explaining in the games then it's up to me to decide.
Now you finally speak something I can agree with. It's nothing but pure laziness to not properly include a fact or tidbit of story within the media itself. It's for that reason that I don't even bother keeping track of it all.

However I still disagree with ignoring the words of a author or story lead just because they answer a question outside the medium. Such as blogs, interviews, etc.
To be perfectly blunt to me dismissing it just because is doing nothing more than choosing you're denial and headcanon over the one in charge.
(however if it's something contradicted in the medium itself then I can agree entirely)

I can respect it as I don't keep track of shit either but don't expect it to be something many share with you. (and before you say it I know you dont care but dont be surprised if discussions get difficult as a result of your stance)

The authors say will always have more worth than someone's headcanon to the majority of fans with any story, game or cinematic series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back