• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Voice" in Station of Awakening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifreet91

Another thing I never figured out: Who was talking to Sora in The Station of Awakening in KH1?

Was it like the "Soul" or power of the Keyblade or was it someone else?

Also the same goes for Roxas in KH2. Always been wondering this. A while ago someone said it was confirmed as King Mickey but IDK if that's true or not

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It was Mickey. It's been confirmed in an interview that's soooooomewwwwwwherreeeee......but it's definitely been confirmed. For KH1 anyway, I'm actually not sure about KH2.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It was King Mickey. Note the same voice talks to Riku in that Final Mix scene when he's in the Realm of Darkness. As for KH2, we don't know though some people believe it was Naminé.

chenoehii

Awards
It was Mickey. It's been confirmed in an interview that's soooooomewwwwwwherreeeee......but it's definitely been confirmed. For KH1 anyway, I'm actually not sure about KH2.

...........o_O.......o....kay.. Mind is officially blown...had no idea. Huh. Thought it was Ven...

I always thought it was a little weird too though, how we hear Sora's voice in Ventus' awakening in BBS; obviously because their hearts had touched but still, it's kind of odd that his heart tells him to open the door, something we always hear the voice say in awakenings.

Larxene012

Banned
It was Mickey. It's been confirmed in an interview that's soooooomewwwwwwherreeeee.....but it's definitely been confirmed. For KH1 anyway, I'm actually not sure about KH2.
in kh2 it was either DiZ or Namine. Namine and Diz originally provided a virtual keyblade, and then some time after, Roxas summons the real one.

On another note, kh re:coded does the exact same thing with Mickey talking to data-sora.

Anagram

Banned
It could have been Xion, Sora or Ventus. Namine is most likely, though.

No it couldn't have because KH1 was originally developed with being a standalone in mind. There was some left in case a sequel happened but it wasn't expected.
Meaning that Ventus, Xion and even namine weren't even thought of.

RoomKey

Mickey being the voice is so jarring to me. I always pictured someone a little more...human. My personal canon is Walt Disney.

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
It's Mickey? I believe it, but it feels so wrong. The voice talking to Sora was so formal, describing the various weapons in an almost poetic and mystical manner. The Mickey of KH is so happy-go-lucky who employs diction like "yup" and "oh boy!"
It just doesn't fit, but I suppose they just hadn't figured out what they wanted Mickey to sound like yet.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
χBladeMaster;6282416 said:
It's Mickey? I believe it, but it feels so wrong. The voice talking to Sora was so formal, describing the various weapons in an almost poetic and mystical manner. The Mickey of KH is so happy-go-lucky who employs diction like "yup" and "oh boy!"
It just doesn't fit, but I suppose they just hadn't figured out what they wanted Mickey to sound like yet.

Which makes sense as to why we didn't hear it. Mickey has a very distinguishable voice. In khFM the same voice talks to Riku in the RoD telling him he found the Realm's Keyblade. You also have to remember that kh 1 was supposed to be a standalone title.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't care what they say; I just can't imagine that voice as Mickey. The tone and context of it all was way too... mysterious. It just doesn't fit the character at all. I'm sticking with my headcanon that the voice was a semi-conscious Ven's.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I don't care what they say; I just can't imagine that voice as Mickey. The tone and context of it all was way too... mysterious. It just doesn't fit the character at all. I'm sticking with my headcanon that the voice was a semi-conscious Ven's.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Just remember the difference between headcanon and canon, you can only voice one as fact.

Larxene012

Banned
Keep in mind that mickey mouse appearing was a bit of a plot twist back then. Not everyone expected it.

RoomKey

And there's nothing wrong with that. Just remember the difference between headcanon and canon, you can only voice one as fact.

Actually, in this case, niether of them can be "fact". Just because Nomura stated it, it doesn't mean it's canon. It has to be either explicitly stated in the games or implied. Since it's neither of them, all you can do is assume. Since there's literally no proof of whose voice it is, anything you assume is a possibility.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Actually, in this case, niether of them can be "fact". Just because Nomura stated it, it doesn't mean it's canon. It has to be either explicitly stated in the games or implied. Since it's neither of them, all you can do is assume. Since there's literally no proof of whose voice it is, anything you assume is a possibility.

Are we really going there? 70%(exaggeration) and more of all the canon stuff we learned came from Nomura and the interviews.

I guess the Ultimanias are just Nomura's headcanons.

Last edited:

chenoehii

Awards

...This has proven to be unfortunately true at times, I just disagree that it's not canon until it's stated in the game. That's like saying "Xigbar" wasn't really his name because we never hear it aloud in KH2 (an exaggeration I know). But we can't ignore the fact that Nomura likes to and can change his mind, and slight details may get changed over the course of time. As someone already pointed out, KH1 was supposed to be a stand alone, so the rest of the story was developed later. All things considered I think they've done a good job of making it seem otherwise.

But still, since it's not really something that affects the story or challenges any of the other "concrete" things we know about the plot, whoever the voice is doesn't really make a difference in the long run. Personally, I don't like the idea of it being Mickey. I guess it makes sense, and since Ven probably wasn't thought of at the time, it's more logical. In my own head-canon I too hear it as Ven. :smile: Let's just say it was--that would make sense on multiple levels. Ventus' heart guiding him is a really cool thought, and then telling him that he'll open the door, something he hears Sora's heart say to him in his own awakening. That's another thing, what if only hearts can speak to you in your Station of Awakening? |o_O| That could still mean Mickey's heart was speaking to him though. But back to speculation, if it was Ventus than it can even tie back to Roxas in KH2. It makes sense that the voice Roxas hears in what is actually Sora's Station of Awakening could be Ventus, since we know by now (at least until Nomura changes his mind lol but not jk) that Venus' heart stayed with Roxas when Sora removed his, Kairi's and his own heart. So, it's plausible that it's Ventus is all.

The other thought I had, and it's probably wrong, but that it could be Ansem (disregarding Mickey for the sake of speculation). I thought about why he would want to help and guide Sora in his Station of Awakening, since he's evil and evil people are not prone to helping the ones they're trying to destroy. But, he was there on the islands and he talked to Sora, he didn't have to do that but he did. What we learned in DDD leads me to believe (again for the sake of speculation) that the story could be wrapped up neatly as ASoD being in Sora's head and "helping" just because it was all a part of the ulterior motive of forcing a confrontation. Xehanort didn't need the 7 lights to be kayblade wielders back then cause he was using the PoH. So Sora was kind of in his way I think. Idk, it's been ten since I've played the first one. @_@

I guess the Ultimanias are just Nomura's headcanons.

lol

Larxene012

Banned
Keep in mind that Mickey even appearing KH1 was a twist to the players. So the voice speaking with him being Mickey makes sense, even in Kh1 final mix the additional dialogue with Riku proves it as such.

Let's also not forget that Mickey also plays the exact same method when he's talking to data-Sora in the station of awakening.

i understand you want to accept one way, but lets not try to push it guys. We know what it is. It makes sense to me considering that a) Mickey was a surprise b) the same method of mickey speaking with sora returns in kingdom hearts re:coded. and c) the same voice comes up.

honestly, i think the problem is that there was no voice with it to really make it seem like it was mickey, which was the point. Mickey was a surprise. if there was a voice there, we would've expected to see him.

chenoehii

Awards
i understand you want to accept one way, but lets not try to push it guys.

I don't think that's what anyone's doing, but I'm sure we can all agree at least that Mickey is canon until proven otherwise. If it is then it'll have to happen in KH3.

Moderators, since the thread's 'purpose' has been served, should it be closed now? Or not, we can keep ... theorizing lol

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I always just thought it was a tutorial ghost. Something eerie to set an atmosphere. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back