• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The version of Riku we see in Monstro

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well hello! As everyone who has played Riku`s story in Dream Drop Distance know, an very interesting scene can be found when Riku visits Monstro. There he saws a boy dressed in the Org XIII coat, which later is revealed to be himself. After this shocking discovery, Riku says a something like this:" The seeker of darkness who stole my body, the replica created from the shadows of my heart, an now I`m facing me." So Riku addresses all these separately. Does this confirm, that the Riku we see is his "darkness", not the Replica Riku? Also I`m quite interested about the fact that does this version of Riku wield the Soul Eater blade, or The Keyblade of Heart and is he part of the new Org XIII?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well hello! As everyone who has played Riku`s story in Dream Drop Distance know, an very interesting scene can be found when Riku visits Monstro. There he saws a boy dressed in the Org XIII coat, which later is revealed to be himself. After this shocking discovery, Riku says a something like this:" The seeker of darkness who stole my body, the replica created from the shadows of my heart, an now I`m facing me." So Riku addresses all these separately. Does this confirm, that the Riku we see is his "darkness", not the Replica Riku? Also I`m quite interested about the fact that does this version of Riku wield the Soul Eater blade, or The Keyblade of Heart and is he part of the new Org XIII?
It's one big no one knows, but I'm assuming he's KHI Riku and a SoD.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I thought the same thing at first ... but if it were true, why did they still target "present" Riku if they already have "past" Riku? They wanted both?

Simple answer, yes. They wanted 13 and present Riku would've been that 13th.

JustSnilloc

Well, you also have to consider that "past Riku" IS Ansem SoD, at the one that we're most familiar with... There was HUGE topic about it when it first showed the guy in a trailer, my bet was always on Repliku... Still is. Regardless of guessing however, I think it was made pretty clear that whoever he was, he was in the new organization.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well, you also have to consider that "past Riku" IS Ansem SoD, at the one that we're most familiar with
The difference is that they only shared the body briefly. Any time you see Ansem in his human shape it's after Riku was expelled from the body.
The version we're seeing could be before that which would technically hold a difference as he'd be Riku+Ansem rather than just Ansem in a stolen body.

Don't really matter much either way though, personally I find the whole dark Riku think run thin by this point.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Don't really matter much either way though, personally I find the whole dark Riku think run thin by this point.
But at least, if it is KHI Riku, that means Riku gets to beat up his past self. It'd be therapeutic for him. Then maybe Riku will stop having this "I'm not worthy because I let darkness in once" attitude he seems to still have.

Last edited:

Veritas7340

I thought Riku already had that therapy by beating up Repliku though.

Regardless, the Riku that Sora fights the 1st time in Hollow Bastion is different from Ansem-Riku because at that point Ansem had not possessed Riku yet.

In my opinion, he is a more suitable candidate than Repliku, but since there are so many different Xehanorts [Young, Heartless, Nobody, Old], they could both be members for all we know

Gram

Banned
Awards
But at least, if it is KHI Riku, that means Riku gets to beat up his past self. It'd be therapeutic for him. Then maybe Riku will stop having this "I'm not worthy because I let darkness in once" attitude he seems to still have.

I'm hoping DDD marked the end of his little "emo moments".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty certain KH3 will be the end of Riku's "redemption" arc. He's been forgiven by his friends, he's learned to forgive himself. Now he needs to:

1) to face himself...like Persona 4 but not as explicit. Forgiving himself is different from accepting himself. The final act would be to "consume the darkness" within his past self and "return it to the light"
2) to apologize to those he hurt with his actions...Like Jasmine & Aladdin because he did kind of kidnap her and showed no remorse. Maybe give his thanks to the Radiant Garden Restoration guys for helping Sora?

And that's pretty much it.

Also I'm 99.9% certain the Riku we saw in Monstro was KH1!Riku since we do see Robed SoD guide Riku away somewhere in those hidden memories from the Journal in Re:coded, and Riku himself says it was his "dark side" he was facing. Riku would know better than anybody else who he was staring at and it wasn't Repliku or he'd have said so.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If he really is KH1!Riku, I wish they would've given him a brown robe, to differentiate him from the Organization, and to further cement his connection to Ansem, who also wore a brown robe. It's a really messy moment in DDD and it doesn't make much sense.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
If he really is KH1!Riku, I wish they would've given him a brown robe, to differentiate him from the Organization, and to further cement his connection to Ansem, who also wore a brown robe. It's a really messy moment in DDD and it doesn't make much sense.
KHI Riku, part of Xehanort's Seekers of Darkness, appears to Riku inside Monstro so we had something interesting for the trailers. What's not to get? XD

I get what you're saying, but if the Riku we saw is a Seeker, it only makes sense that he wears the black coat of ominousness like the rest of them.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm hoping DDD marked the end of his little "emo moments".
Personally, I thought KH2 was already the end of those moments. In DDD, he doesn't seem emo to me. When Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless reappears towards the end, he's just like, "Jeez, I already dealt with this, gtfo already." In those scenes, he acted over it, rather than sad and regretful like he did in CoM and KH2.

I think in general Riku's personality is more "serious" than Sora's, so I don't expect things to change too much from DDD.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Pretty certain KH3 will be the end of Riku's "redemption" arc. He's been forgiven by his friends, he's learned to forgive himself.

God, I hope so. Riku's a great character that has been bogged down by his self-deprecation and self-loathing.

Personally, I thought KH2 was already the end of those moments. In DDD, he doesn't seem emo to me. When Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless reappears towards the end, he's just like, "Jeez, I already dealt with this, gtfo already." In those scenes, he acted over it, rather than sad and regretful like he did in CoM and KH2.

I think in general Riku's personality is more "serious" than Sora's, so I don't expect things to change too much from DDD.

He wasn't really "emo" in 3D, but it was obvious it still bugged him. The way he spoke before beginning the MoM exam, the things he said different worlds like the HoND world ("Wish I could take my own advice"), etc. It's not as apparent as it has been in previous games, but it's still kinda there.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Also I'm 99.9% certain the Riku we saw in Monstro was KH1!Riku since we do see Robed SoD guide Riku away somewhere in those hidden memories from the Journal in Re:coded, and Riku himself says it was his "dark side" he was facing. Riku would know better than anybody else who he was staring at and it wasn't Repliku or he'd have said so.

This was exactly the same what I thought after watching the scene again from DDD. Riku points out his own darkness last, separately from the replica. And now that I`am more familiar with the events that take place in Re:Coded, The Robed SoD scene has become very interesting.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm more curious as to why he wanted Pinocchio? Was he repeating what he tried to do in the first Kingdom Hearts?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It seemed to just be the World remembering the events of KH1 and having them form in the dream. A big part of the Pinocchio world was the reveal that the World's Dreams would recreate people who no longer resided on the world to create a fuller picture. Thus the world recreated a dream version of Riku who did the stuff he did in KH1. Thematically, it's meant to have Riku confront his past actions directly, which Riku even notes when it first starts happening:

Riku: Pinocchio's gone missing?
Geppetto: I'm afraid so. After all my searching, I found him here in the whale. But then he ran off again to who-knows-where.
Riku: That sounds kind of...familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back