• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Uncomforting Truth.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Whens the update? When? When? Im excited! *woof*... err... that was the.... cat....
Well It WAS GOING TO BE TODAY! like it was going to be yesterday but GRRRR MY STINKIN MONITOR DECIDED TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND DIE!!!
lol sorry for that little outburst I just got very annoyed at it today, My monitor is a very nice 17 inch flat screen except it was second hand. It's on it's way out and I thought it had died for certain, but anyways I managed to perform C.P.R and revive it. Unfortunatly this also means I lost all new work on the fanfic AGAIN!

I do agree with my bud. I just can't wait for the next chapters. But as a fic writer, I know that we need time, and patience to write.
Yep and my patience is running really thin at the moment with two attemps of writing the same chapter, chapter 9 took me 4 so I really can't complain but I think I need an hour or so to chill out with my frustrations.

Nobody Master

Oh No, No, No! Im a pathetic artist, no that's Shiro Amano's work there! lol I just coloured the picture and made it into a sig, lol. Infact you can find it front page of KHI lol. I just ment as soon as I saw the picture I had to use it! I love it! Actually I remember when I first made a sig I wished they had a picture like that, I guess Shiro Amano thought so too XD

Well I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start making a pic into a sig, so it's still far more than I could do!

Hahaha! Yes Jiminy Cricket, He actually ticks me off so badly, but he's in my fanfic so hehehe... What can ya do?

I neither really like or dislike Jiminy, but for someone who gets ticked off by him, you sure do include him a lot in your FF. I mean, if you think about the KH series, he hardly makes an appearence at all in KH1 and 2. He pops up loads in CoM though... I wonder why? Mabye the voice actor was busy or somethin! :p

haX

Hanging out in the Back Alley in Twilight Town
Great story, I just took the last... hour or so? to read through it all, and I have to say, I can't wait for the next chapter. I liked how you worked in the BBS trailer a couple chapters back. ^^ Keep it up.

Side note: I'm from the States, but I still say "mum" instead of "mom"... Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Side note 2.0: I've been thinking, and I think the reason your fic is so likable is because you make the characters seems like ordinary kids, not people living in some far-off place that's so different from here... *shrugs* I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me. So, once again, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Great story, I just took the last... hour or so? to read through it all, and I have to say, I can't wait for the next chapter. I liked how you worked in the BBS trailer a couple chapters back. ^^ Keep it up.
Wow over an hour aye? lol I must write way too much and have too much free time... Ok that's not true but I do love writing so I write in my free time. :) Anyways I plan to make a thir attempt on chapter 10 lol. So look out for it soon! Still I have a lot of homework to get done so I really can at this point in time give a estimate on what day I'll ahve it ready, I hope you can just settle with in the next few days, most likely today or tomorrow! But I do apologise in advance for if it takes me longer, Im expecting this chapter to be fairly lengthy so I hope you have plenty of time to read it!

Side note: I'm from the States, but I still say "mum" instead of "mom"... Just thought I'd throw that out there...
Wow really? I never knew you guys still used that spelling, lol we were always told it was an americanism, lol. I guess you learn somthing new every day!

I've been thinking, and I think the reason your fic is so likable is because you make the characters seems like ordinary kids, not people living in some far-off place that's so different from here... *shrugs* I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me. So, once again, keep up the good work.
Hmm, You're probably right, it's not done on purpose really, I mean I tried to keep their characters as much as possible, except I've brighten Riku up a bit and toned Sora down so they almost meet in the middle. I mean I've kinda brough Riku's character comming towards what he was like begining KH1 cause Im trying to show that even though it's been all this time their still the same old boys just with new experiences some bad some good, and they have to deal with the struggles. As for Sora, I want to keep him as light minded as possible cause I would hate for him to go dark, I guess though, my struggles are that I myself is really around the same age as them so I kinda write things I thought about what could be in the future KH's. I am planning to work on getting Sora's optimism up a bit but it's really hard for me, cause I'm a pesimistic person. I also laugh at people's misery - long convo about that which Im not going to start up again involving me trying not to laugh my way through Titanic lol. But yes, I never really thought about it, but it's a really good point. I think possibly it is cause really I do, do my best as writing what comes to mind and how I'd feel they'd react, that's just cause I know how people their age group would cause well... I am around the same age group lol.

This fic is nothing short of Epic Win. xD
Thanks FB! Nice av by the way, been meaning to say that. Not sure what but I like it!. lol

Stars

リク
Well really, all I can do is blame myself. I have a button on my keyboard that said "back" anyway I keep forgetting how large my keyboard actually is so I went to slide it under my desk to get somthing and I hit the back button. I remember saving a little bit of it before with ctrl C other wise I would ahve completely lost it all!

Aww... don't blame urself, but blame ur large keyboard.. Lol. jk xDDD
No problem now, eh? ^w^

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
*bouncing bouncing* When's the next update??? ^u^
Working on it now, unfortuantley due to setbacks and school work Im not sure when. Assignments are due and Im begining to sweat lol, so I guess I'll get it done eventually, but I love writing for you guys and for myself so I will try and get some done during my free time :)

Aww... don't blame urself, but blame ur large keyboard.. Lol. jk xDDD
No problem now, eh? ^w^
No not so far, lol I had an issue a few days ago when my monitor had a spac and I lost chapter 10 AGAIN! lol but Im going t get it written again soon!

It took a very long time to make. xD

But that is obvious. I mean, look at it.

Absolute artwork.
I know! It's certainly eye catching, sheer brilliance, I mean art like that could only be done from a true artist aye? But you know everything about art, I mean it's not your first amazing artwork aye?

*does a little dance in anticipation of the next chapter*
Well, I hope im not keeping you dancing too long!

Side Note: Most people from the States pronounce it "Mom", but I say "Mum" for some odd reason... I blame Harry Potter... >>
lol I hate Harry Potter, one of my pet hates, Im not usre why but after I watched the second movie I was like "And they make money from this?" That's one thing me and my best friend DO have in common and that is the sheer desire to destroy all his friends so he's lonley lol. Ok that's really mean, but argh, I just really don't like him one bit! lol

FishBox

It took a very long time to make. xD

But that is obvious. I mean, look at it.

Absolute artwork.

Of course. xD

I've changed it now, but I might/probably will change it back some time in the near future.
For those who missed it, it was an apple with a smiley face. Courtesy of me and the legendary graphics program known as 'Paint'.

Stars

リク
No not so far, lol I had an issue a few days ago when my monitor had a spac and I lost chapter 10 AGAIN! lol but Im going t get it written again soon!
Better keep ur chapters properly next time ^w^

lol I hate Harry Potter, one of my pet hates, Im not usre why but after I watched the second movie I was like "And they make money from this?" That's one thing me and my best friend DO have in common and that is the sheer desire to destroy all his friends so he's lonley lol. Ok that's really mean, but argh, I just really don't like him one bit! lol

Same... Lol xDDD I hate Harry Potter after watching the fifth movie.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Better keep ur chapters properly next time ^w^
Oh believe me I am, Im saving it all the time now, I nearly lost it again today twice!! lol So with all the delays Im having a few set backs on the production but Im getting there!

Same... Lol xDDD I hate Harry Potter after watching the fifth movie.
The fifth? U mean it gets WORSE?!?!?! lol

Stars

リク
Oh believe me I am, Im saving it all the time now, I nearly lost it again today twice!! lol So with all the delays Im having a few set backs on the production but Im getting there!
Having a back file for ur chapters, better? Lol

The fifth? U mean it gets WORSE?!?!?! lol

Lol. It worse. The previous four movies was good. But i don't understand about the fifth movie, and it is a bit...meaningless to me. -___-

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Ok guys, after this chapter I’m going to ask you all to throw some ideas at me. So without further ado, Chapter 10!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10 - Lessons.

"Let's go down to the beach." Riku suggested. "It'd be easier to teach Kairi with some more room."

Sora looked over towards the beach and nodded. "Yeah, good idea!" Sora began running down the bridge. Kairi and Riku looked at each other and Riku shrugged and they began running after Sora.

Riku caught up to Sora and tackled him onto the ground. Kairi came chasing after them and laughed. Sora grinned and he and Riku picked themselves up.

"We haven't got all day for you two to be acting up!" She laughed.

"Well, alright then, let's get started!" Sora was feeling the excitement of Donald and Goofy's return beginning to set in.

"Kairi? Can you summon the keyblade I gave you?" Riku asked.

"Umm... Ok!" She stretched her hand out just like the boys did but it didn't come. "It won't come" she said, there was disappointment in her voice. Sora felt sad for her. Maybe she wasn't a keyblade wielder after all. Riku looked over at Sora's face and shook his head.

"Sora I thought you were the one telling me to be a little bit more positive. Just look at yourself." Riku smirked over at him.

"But Riku..." Sora began but Riku just ignored him.

"Ok Kairi, now... Concentrate with your heart. It'll come." Riku smiled at her. She looked really unsure of herself. Riku's comforting grin helped a bit though.

"Ok... I'll try." She nodded. Kairi closed her eyes and stretched her arm out again. She felt her arm go heavy and Sora gasped. She opened her eyes and there in front of her was a keyblade. Sora's jaw had dropped down about an inch, whereas Riku just smirked almost as if to say I told ya so.

Kairi searched in one of her pockets and pulled out her good luck charm. "Sora? How do you...?"

Sora was now grinning. "You want that on the end of your keyblade right?" Kairi smiled and nodded. Sora took both the keyblade from Kairi's hand and flipped it upside down. He then took off the old key chain and swapped it with Kairi's lucky charm. In a flash of light the keyblade changed to the OathKeeper. "Here!" Sora handed Kairi back the keyblade. She swung it in the air for a bit and smiled.

"So mine wasn't good enough for you, hey?" Riku said still smirking.

Kairi felt guilty, "Oh Riku, it's not that, it's just..."

Riku laughed and shook his head, "Relax, I was only joking!" As Riku said this Kairi's face went red with embarrassment. Sora chuckled to himself as Riku continued, "I'm glad you changed it. We wouldn't want the bad guys not to take you seriously. The flowers weren't going to cut it!" Riku grinned. Kairi laughed too.

Sora summoned his Keyblade. "Ok Kairi, give me your best shot!" His arms opened wide. Kairi ran towards him and took a swing. It hit him lightly. "That was good!" Sora said doing his best to encourage her. "Lets try a little harder this time!" Sora called running back from her. She chased him and gave another swing. It hit him a little harder, but not by a lot. This went on for about half an hour.

Riku yawn loudly so that both could hear he'd had enough of this useless waste of time. They turned to him to see what was up. Riku walked up to them "You're not teaching her anything that way!" He turned to Sora.

Sora raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? And.. You think you can do any better?"

Riku grinned and summoned his keyblade. "Of course!"

Sora sighed "Fine." His Keyblade vanished and he sat down on the sand.

Riku turned to Kairi and grinned even brighter "Ok Kairi, Just like me and Sora do it, You up for it?"

Kairi's eyes flashed with excitement, "Yeah!"

Sora jumped up and looked in horror, "What?!? No!!"

Riku laughed. "Hey! Relax, I'm not going to go that hard on her just yet."

Sora slumped back down onto the sand.

"Ready Kairi?" Riku asked. She nodded. "Ok then, Let's go!" Riku darted towards her with his keyblade. Kairi closed her eyes and lifted her keyblade up just in time. It blocked his attack. Riku did it again, and Kairi blocked it. Kairi ran back as Riku chased her. She blocked another one of his powerful blows, her confidence began to boost and she swung her keyblade back at Riku. Much to Sora's surprise it was a pretty powerful strike but it missed. Riku jumped back like he always does just before you can get a hit.

However this didn't faze Kairi one bit, she ran after him ready keep on fighting. Riku stood there grinning waiting for her to come. He glanced over at Sora who was watching battle intensely. Riku turned back to see Kairi was only two metres away from him. He got his keyblade ready to reflect Kairi's attack, she swung at him and he blocked it. Kairi bent down with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

"Come on! Is that the best you can do? You're as bad as Sora!" Riku laughed. He turned to see Sora's reaction. Sora glared at him, he looked as though he was ready to grab his keyblade out to and start hacking away at him. Riku's words were enough for Kairi to get herself going though.

She grinned and took a swipe at him; it caught Riku off guard and sent him crashing to the ground. Sora's eyebrows rose. Wow, Kairi just did something he'd never done before. Riku never loses his balance in battle, not that he'd seen anyway. Kairi looked petrified.

"S..sorry..." She stammered offering Riku a hand up. He shook his head.

"Don't say sorry to your opponent for beating them, their shame is all part of the prize." Riku grinned. "Besides, that's exactly what I was hoping from you!" Riku pushed himself up. He swung his keyblade towards Kairi. She jumped back and his Keyblade narrowly missed her. It was so close, the keyblade cause a wind that moved Kairi's hair. She swung her keyblade. They kept fighting for quite some time but something was about to go wrong.

Sora looked up to hear Kairi's keyblade hit against Riku's. Normally Riku would jump back not and make her run to him giving himself an opportunity to hit her but this time he held his ground. The sound of their keyblades grinding made Sora look in horror.

"Riku, DON'T!" Sora screamed but it was too late. Just as Kairi was about to jump back and loosen her guard Riku pushed back hard. The unsuspecting Kairi was pushed back and she began falling. Sora leapt to his feet and began running towards Kairi. A cloud of dust rose as Kairi hit the ground hard. Sora ran past Riku, anger burned in his eyes "What is wrong with you!?!?" He screamed. Riku stood over Kairi who was now rubbing her head and sitting up. "What were you thinking pulling a crazy stunt like that?!?! Do you realise what could have happened?!?" Sora glared at Riku who appeared to look very guilty.

His head looked towards the ground. "I thought she was ready..." He said quietly and looked up "I mean didn't you see her? She was doing great! She knocked me down Sora, on her first go! She was born a keyblade wielder, I can tell! So I thought, maybe we should take the next step up..."

Sora wasn't buying any of it. "I know she was doing good, but she wasn't ready! You should never have even tried! You could have hurt her badly!" Sora's teeth tightly clenched together, he eyes burned with anger looking towards Riku and thinking about all the things that could have happened. Who was he to think he could knock Kairi to the ground like that. She could have been really hurt.

"It's ok Sora," Kairi said pushing herself back up and dusting the sand off of her.

Riku still felt overly guilty, he hadn't meant to push Kairi to the grown, and seeing Sora this angry just reminded him of the time they fought, it hurt. "I'm sorry Kairi..." He said quietly. Kairi's face went serious, " Now Riku, What kind of teacher are you? Breaking your own rules like that!" She grinned, Riku laughed. Her cheerful face made him not feel quite so bad. Sora didn't get it. Riku hoped Sora may have lighten up a bit knowing that Kairi wasn't upset, he hadn't.

Sora gritting his teeth together now also clenched his fist. Riku shouldn't be laughing. Wasn't he taking the fact that Kairi was only learning and doing something as stupid as that could have hurt her so badly? "Riku! I can't believe you did that... I mean Kairi's only learning, she's just a... a GIRL!!" Sora blurted out but as soon as he said it he wished he could take it back. He turned to Kairi whose smile had been wiped from her face. "Kairi I..." Sora stuttered but Kairi just glared at him now.

"Just a girl. Huh." She said and walked away from them towards the ladder leading to the wooden balcony over-looking the sea.

"Kairi..." Sora looked over to her but she ignored him and walked off. Sora was so confused. He no longer felt angry, but just confused. Why was Kairi angry at him? He wasn't the one who knocked her to the ground. Riku seemed to be getting everything right these days, why couldn't he? Sora sat down, sighed and hoped Riku didn't hate him for going overboard with the yelling. "Riku..?" Sora said looking to the ocean. Riku looked down at Sora. Even though he really felt like going over and hanging out with Kairi after Sora had screamed at him Sora looked like he needed a friend. He sat down in the sand beside him.

"Yeah...?" He said looking over towards him.

Sora dug a hole with his feet in the sand. "I don't get it..." he said quietly.

Riku pondered over it for a bit and replied, "Sora, you've been slightly on the over protective side on Kairi lately..."

Sora looked shocked "Over Protective?"

Riku nodded, "Yeah, I think Kairi's sick of it."

"But... I just don't want her to get hurt..." Sora said looking down.

"I know that, but Sora. You've kept her sitting on the sidelines watching, I think Kairi wants to be involved in the game. Kairi wants an adventure. She also wants you to trust her and give her a go." Riku smiled.

"I guess I never thought of it like that..." Sora said quietly.

"You tell her about all the amazing adventures you've had in other worlds, she wants a chance to spend some with you."

"Oh, I get it! It's just... well, you know how dangerous it is out there. Do you really think she's ready for it?" Sora said looking up at Riku.

"Well, I guess we'll never no until we get out there and see what she can do. What matters most is that Kairi's happy. I think it's time to give her a chance fighting along side us. All Kairi wants is to be with us and not left behind waiting for us to return." Riku looked to see Sora's reaction, he was thinking really hard.

Sora shook his head "Not after the way I just acted..."

"Well, I think you'd both be happier if you went up and talked to her. Explain to her how you felt... Why you said that and also I guess.. apologise?" Riku looked over at Sora hopefully. Sora smiled and nodded. He got up and dusted the sand off his pants and ran towards the ladder to get up to the balcony. "Good Luck!" Riku called back to him. Sora gave a backwards wave and climbed up the ladder onto the balcony.

Kairi was leaning with her hands over the rail staring out to sea. She did nothing to acknowledge Sora's arrival. This made Sora a little more nervous the fact she was ignoring him. He'd never been in a fight with Kairi so this was really serious. He leaned beside her watching the waves. "I’m sorry," he said quietly he looked out to the ocean too.

There was a long silence. Kairi finally replied with "I know..." She turned to him. "I know you're just trying to protect me and all but Sora... I... I don't want that... I just want to go out on an adventure with you... but I can't do that if you're going to be forever looking out for me. I need to do some things on my own. I don't want to be a burden to you I want to help. If I am just going to be a burden on you, I might as well not come!" She said firmly.

"I want you to come Kairi! I do... I was just scared, you see, I know what's out there already, I know the danger that's out there. I just don't want to see you getting caught up in it. I would hate myself if something happened to you..." Sora's voice trailed off he remember what Donald had said that he laid it on too heavy with girls, maybe he was doing it with Kairi. Although, to his surprise, she began to smile.

"If we stick together nothing will happen! But Sora, I need you to promise me something... Please promise me you'll trust me, and believe in me... I need that so I can have confidence in myself... Promise?" Kairi bend over the railings to see Sora's face. He was thinking really hard. A smile grew on his face.

"I promise!" His bright grin shone out and Sora was beginning to look like his old self again. "I'll prove it to you!" Sora summoned his keyblade and swung it round his shoulder. "Wanna go around?" Kairi's eyes flashed with excitement, Sora seemeD genuine about it. She had been dying to see Sora like this now here he was.

"Ok!" She said and jumped with excitement.

"You two forgetting about me? Again?!" Riku said coming up behind them, "How bout we make it you two against me? What do you think?" He grinned. Both Sora and Kairi exchanged glances as smiled.

"You're on!" Sora grinned and swung his keyblade in front of them. Kairi summoned hers and did the same.

"Alright then!" Riku suddenly jumped off the balcony and tore down the beach. "You gotta catch me first!"

Sora and Kairi began to run after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Hope you enjoyed that! Apologies for the slowness on updates, I meant to get this up days ago. Infact I've been feeling rather guilty, I thankyouu guys for being so supportive of me especially when I had the struggles of my computer not working and playing up on my btw we found out my monitor has a faulty cord lol and so I know how to now temorarily fix it until I get a new cord, so I shouldn't lose my fanfic as much though, but I tell ya what after writing this chapter three times I've been getting mightly sick of it so Im glad to more on. I planned to ask you a question but I've decided to spilt this chater into to when I realised it was already 5 pages long and only half way done lol. So... I'm afraid you'll have to wait untill the NEXT chapter for the question, lol sorry for that.

Yours is not bad but very slow update le, I feel like torned inside out T.T
I do realise this but perhaps you don't realise my fanfic is currently 49 pages long and 20933 words according to word count, so that really isn't that bad considering i've only been writing it since the begining of February, meaning it's a months work and I've nearly written 50 pages of writing, that's 1.68 pages per day on average, so technically I am doing not so bad lol. Remember this is only the very begining of the story lol. I do realise I've been slow on updates but as I've already explained before I've had multiple technical difficulties and have written this chapter 3 times! So I am sorry plus I'm currently getting a lot of homework in yr 10, more than Im use to so it's taken me a while to get use to the balance.

Not bad? I remember u saying you hated it at first on the like first page, you said these few things on my first couple of days of writing,

Too short. Other than that you're just okay.
I know it's the first chapter. Since its good you should make it longer or else people will feel very unsatsified.
You're trying to be as close to the real KH as possible, but not close enough lol. The fact that Sora would never in his life worry about such things is one of them.
lol how times have changed huh? You're the very reason I write these incredibly long chapters lol. You should feel rather proud lol.

Last edited:

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Wow, I never thought I had such an effect on girls =.="

In real world I had always affected girls around me even though I knew it only afterwards =.=" I can't believe it's even getting into the virtual world =.="

Anyway, support my short story tq!

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Finally you updated! xDD;;;
Cheers! Awesome chapter! ^w^
Glad you liked it! I'll get on to another one once things slow down a little. :)

Wow, I never thought I had such an effect on girls =.="
Oh no don't take it the wrong way, just you're wods "People might feel very unsatified" got my attention even though I wasn't sure what the heck you meant, lol I hate to tell ya mate but I do know people who write a lot shorter chapters than I, and they like their fanfics, but anyways those words gave me a leash to run wild, to be honest at first I was holding but, well, that's no longer the case!

Anyway, support my short story tq!
Who's tq?

Whoa... so... amazing... I can even see them batlling...keep up the good work.
Hahaha! Really? wow.. I guess I did an alright job then eh? I'll do my very best to continue my stadards as far as my writing is concerned, which shouldn't be to hard cause I don't do anything special!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back