• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► The Ultimate Journal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book of Secrets

Hello everyone, BOS here.

I have recently been struggling in mathematics and so I had an idea. I want to create a journal completely of ANYTHING math. But where to start? What information to add?

See, I want to have everything you would learn in math. From addition to calculus.

Now, I know this task seems difficult but I figure this could be great for somebody else who might have struggles in math.

What I want to do, is have notes in the front of it. Then do this thing, where you turn your notebook upside down and flip it over. Then on the top (bottom) of the page, you would write "DICTIONARY" or something to that effect and then write definitions and information like that.

So, what do you guys think? Can you lend me a hand?

Tell me ANYTHING MATH RELATED I should add to the journal.

Thanks guys.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Are you serious? You do realise that the world of mathematics stretches far, far beyond classroom level, don't you? There are things in the field of maths that modern-day understanding fails, simply because the rules bend and break. You want an example? Might be a basic example for advanced maths college students, but the imaginary number "i". Know how you can't have a square root of a negative number? Yeah. "i" is the square root of negative one. Don't ask me, I don't understand it, but it just happens. That's just a mere example. A very basic example. You really should go to your teacher and get extra classes and you can arrange with him/her a math pack for your level to help you through. Something that you can refer to and something that doesn't pass your level unnecessarily. We're not maths teachers, sweetie. Helping you is what your teacher is paid to do.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
yeah, sorry, this is impossible.

you know how every year you get a new math book filled with all new info? nobody's gonna type up all those just for you.

go ask your teacher/fellow student for help. get tutored. almost everything builds upon itself or some other concept in math. just realize the connections.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
ahh i somewhat see your predicament.

but still, your parent/home-school teacher is teaching you and should be able to explain it to the point you can take your own notes. plus, don't you use books? just take notes from there too. same deal for if it is an online class.

other than that, if there's something in particular, a certain concept, you're having trouble with, just search it on the web. THEN if all else fails (friends, classmates (?), tutor, all other resources), ask us.

but really, we should kinda be like your last result. i mean, there's people willing to help, but it's harder over the internet and you're not always sure you'll get an answer that you'll understand.

Book of Secrets

Indeed, but I came here for a reason. See, my mom is not even close to being qualified to teach me ANYTHING. (+1 for the United States educational system) So asking her is pointless, due to the fact that she knows about as much as me.

So, knowing that there were people on here ranging from 11 - 22 (or something like that) I figured...I could compile as much knowledge as they could give me into a single notebook.

Well, thanks anyway guys. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's funny that you should say that, because I've been in public school and hated it with everything in me. So, I thought that homeschooling would be a great idea...now I'm fucked.

Welp, that sucks. Since I am stuck in College level elementary algebra (despite the fact I was in pre-cal and passed in hs) I do not think I can help you either. It gets a bit too complicated to compile everything...you should try starting at compiling the basics from algebra 1 and work your way up until you don't understand it and need somebody to teach it like Calculus. There are also websites that help and have a lot of that stuff compiled already. And I know tutoring with trained educators would work better than your mom teaching you. (Unless she is a professor but that doesn't mean she is qualified to teach math if she is a teacher of the humanities or liberal arts subjects)

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
Could you try to memorize the formulas or very least write them in your journal?

Also I suggest trying to do the problems that are being given out by your teacher aka your mom.

I'm certain that's one way that can help you. Have you tried that method yet?

very differentiable
Awards
Nag your mom for a real teacher, since she obviously isn't capable of teaching you.

S

Shadow Soldier

When you add 9+9+9+9 and so on... the last digit in the next number will decrease by one =D

krexia

Translator
Awards
It sounds like what you're trying to do is write a textbook. You might want to try buying an existing one first...

I've tutored maths before to kids aged everything from 8 to 18, so I'd have no problems helping you out if you were stuck in a particular area. I spent an entire weekend teaching a girl from my school calculus from the ground up once. But saying "explain all of maths!" is far too broad.

If you are stuck in a particular area, feel free to drop me a PM.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Do not divide by zero.

The universe will end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back