• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~The Twelve Ballads of Liandra, Ties That Bind Us~ Book One

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
Raz tossed the gold coins on the counter of the weapons shop. He took the bow from the shop owner, as soon as it was in his hand he started to test the bows flexability.

"Careful not break it sir." piped the old woman who ran the shop. Raz turn his head and smile, "If it breaks it not worthy of the price i paid." The woman gave and peircing stare. "I have other matters to attend if you will excuse me." She step into the back where the sound of a hammer stricking hot iron.

'Elven bows are better but he cant seem to fire them correctly' The comment was to the human boy he trained at the moment. He started to head out of the shop and saw what appeared to be a full neko, but he had learned to spot the difference in the half breeds. He smile and gave her a small nod of his head for a hello and open the shop door. He let out a small sigh.

"This place get busier everday it seems." 'I need to make a few arrows too. I should vist my home few days to get the supplies and a nice new bow for myself.' he thought as he watched the many races pass by him.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Ley had been watching the deck hands unload the cargo when he heard Karian's comment. His eyes narrowed in irritation, but didn't immediately offer a reply, choosing instead to shoulder their larger supply bag along with his own. Not that Karian wasn't strong enough to carry it. Truth be told she was probably stronger than men twice her size, but Ley knew if he didn't take the bag she'd throw it ontop of his load at some point. Keeping his face composed he turned on her and headed down the main ramp to the dock itself. The scent of fish was even more powerful down on the docks. Tons of iced fish were being halled from a nearby boat straight into a large open warehouse filled with vendors. Aquila was famous for several reasons, one being its large fish market. He wondered if they should buy more salted fish before leaving the city. A slightly aggrivated tightening of the stomach and he decided fish was the last thing he would be eatting for a long time.

With a slight tinge of embarassment he realized Karian had gotten several yards ahead of him, and quickly shouldered his way through the crowded dock. Once he got within speaking distance of Karian he decided to express his opinion on being the "pack horse."

"I realize that we don't have an official knight's crest backing us, and that as free knights we basically just stick to the code until a lord, or some other officially sanctioned roder takes us in. But exactly which part of the code states that I have to be your slave? You know, before we got on that stink ship I was cooking all of our meals. I suppose I should be used to it after the last seven years, but you'd think we could stop at an inn once in a-"

He stopped short when they passed a lovely cat earred girl and headed into the city. Ley couldn't help but look over his shoulder at her until she was out of sight. She had a slightly untamed appearance, but was attractive nonetheless; really it had been her ears that caught his attention the most. He'd encountered Neko before, but never a female. He probably shouldn't have been surprised. Rolanda was a large continent, but the population was mostly humans, elves, and a supposed dragon nesting ground somewhere in the mountains. Eb-car on the other hand had a massive multi-species population. The thought of meeting new and interesting people, perhaps even knights, excited Ley. With a bit more spring in his step he caught hold of Karian's arm and pulled her towards a tavern called the "Marlon's Crest."

"There's no where to cook at the moment and I am very hungry. Come on, it's time you had a meal at a real table," he said, ignoring any protests Karian may have raised.

Solarized

A Legend Returned
In a place where your worst nightmares are real
The Marlons Crest, one of the many bustling bar's in Aquila, serving many species with alcohol to either drive them on or sink them further into their own depressions. It was the latter for the case of one man standing at the bar. There stood a man, his white hair hanging over his face as his dark filthy robes hung over the floor. He was drinking a pint glass of mead, emptying it in one go when possible and then ordering another, even the bartender had realised that he should stay close to him just so he wouldn't have to move.

As the crowds moved in and out various species entered and left the bar, elves, humans, nork's, ork's, goblins, you named it they entered the bar, and most of them weren't freindly. After ordering another drink the man turned around to watch events unfold in the bar, which he knew was bound to happen, and it did.

At two tables at the back of the bar were two group of people, a group of goblins and a group of humans. They were sat pretty close to each other and it only took the smallest nudge for hell to break loose. One of the humans accidently spilt one of the goblin's drinks and the next thing you knew the whole bar was up fighting each other.

After a few minutes of watching the man at the bar found himslef getting dragged into the brawl. Out of nowhere a gobling flew into him, knocking the mead he drank out of his hand. As the goblin looked up to throw a punch he was met by two penertrating dark eyes, which bore into the goblins mind through the white hair. As the goblin stared in fear he found his head being pummeld into the hard wooden surface of the bar, and then found his body flying into the mirror behind it, his body bouncing off and landing heavily on the broken glass. As he lay there the man leaned over the bar and stared at him a little bit more before shouting at his unconcious body,

"The name's Drake Talyor you unforgiving ba%$£&%. (can we swear?) Don't forget it."

Drake turned back to the crowd who by now were whittling themselves down in numbers. With a broad and slightly drunken grin on his face he moved further into the cyclone of destruction to further enjoy himself.

kingdomwolfblade

if only I could hold your hand
"Hey look, you carried it without me asking this time. How thoughtful."

Yeah, even after a long sea trip she was still full of her smartass comments that just never seemed to go away. Her eyes began to drift over the crowd taking in the different races that resided in this city, or were jsut passing through. When Ley began to ramble on she began to talk as he id answering his ramblings.

"One, your more like an indentured servent, two your a better cook then me. Three, I hate inns. Theres always a fight going on in them and well, I'd hate to get involved in them. Tehy aren't even true fights at all."

He cut off as the neko walked by and she guessed, she had slightly got her point across and continued walking. She was acctually just looking for a place to buy two or three horses from and she wasn't having any luck. She was tall, but she couldn't see over the crowd very well. There seemed to be an abundance of elves and they were a tall race and they were blocking her veiw of stalls or items. It was annoying her. she had just though she spotted something when Ley grabbed her arm and began to drag her.

"Hey! I thought I saw a place that we could get horse -" Her voice was lost when they entered the the inn where the fighting was taking place but it seemed to calm down a bit. She finally wrenched her arm free of Leys grasp and straightened out her sword with a glare towards him.

"Having the satisfaction of cooking your own food is better then wasting our money on a meal. We can by food supplies cheaper then having someone make the food for us. Besides, tables are overrated, you don't need one to eat."

She watched the man throw the goblin over the counter and into the mirror so he landed on the broken glass. she winced, that must have hurt. But it was a good move, in her opinion at least. As the crowd in the inn began to settle down she quickly grabbed a table knowing there would be none left if she waited. She sighed.

"We'll eat here just once. Just ONCE Ley. Alright, happy now?"

call_me_canada

The weapons inside the small shop were very well made and shone in the light that was let in through the windows. A pair of hand crafted twin daggers lay in the window display and caught Kel’s eye. A man leaving the store caught her eye as he made his way towards the exit. Her eyes slowly drifted from the daggers to him as he smiled gently and made his way out onto the street.

Though having traveled many times throughout her life Kel had never personally come across a person of the Elven race. There were many races on this world that she had never seen, but all she had heard stories of since she was little. The Elves had always been described with such great respect from her father and Kel had longed to meet one. Finally seeing one with her own eye she could finally understand the true grace in which they seemed to exist.

Her ear gave a slight twitch as she quickly moved her eyes back towards the daggers that were in front of her. “It is rude to stare. . .” she scowled to herself before straightening her body up as the door opened. A gentle smile spread across her face to return the unspoken greeting as the door slowly closed behind him, causing the small bell in the door way to give a faint chime.

"This place gets busier everyday it seems."

Kel turned her attention to him as she heard him make the comment and gazed out at the crowded streets. Though the port was indeed very crowded she couldn’t imagine being able to fit anymore people into the small area. The streets in the city were narrow and even the alleyways behind the buildings only provided enough breadth room for a couple of people to pass through. “Well I would hope it wouldn’t get busier . . . soon there will not be enough room and they will have to extend out to that lovely forest.”

Waiting for no response she stepped out into the street and was soon lost in the hustle of the crowded area. A feeling of excitement ran through her veins as she pushed her way to the side of the street. Though this kind of city was not something she preferred it held promises of adventure and new people. "And nothing is better than making new friends. . ." A smile spread across her face as she began to whistle a tune to herself. Approaching what appeared to be a bar she headed for the door and began to push it open.

Immediately the sounds of shouts and punches filled the air and she let the door close leaving her only with the sounds of the streets. “Well that was interesting. . .” Pushing open the door once more she stepped into the dark room and made her way towards the bar. A man’s fist swung through the air, nearly running into her jaw, and nailing a goblin who stood behind her. Letting her eyes drift to the floor she walked carefully through the brawl until she arrived at the bar. A goblin went flying through the air and crashed into a mirror as she arrived and she tried to speak over the loud voices.

“Excuse me. . . sir?” The bartender turned towards her drying off a mug with a ragged towel. “Would you be able to point me in the direction of one of the inns in town?”

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Ley sat down at the table with a skeptical expression on his face. Karian was only staying to teach him a lesson, he knew it. She hated bar brawls, but would gladly sit in the middle of one just to get her point across to Ley. Blast her for always being right. This time he wouldn't let her have the satisfaction; with a satisfied smile he looked across the table at her and gave his reply. "Yes, I finally get to sit at a table, like a civilized knight. Don't worry about the money. We have plenty at the moment, and it's not like we can't hunt up some menial work. I'm sure quite a few people around here could use a strong set of shoulders."

Turning his gaze from Karian to the bar he began to observe the various brawls filling the bar. Astonishingly the bartender and most of the barmaids continued to go about their jobs, as if a fight like this were common place. Judging from the appearance of the bar's patrons Ley guessed he wasn't too far off the mark. Three small looking scaly green men sat at the bar drinking an odd blue liquid, across from them sat a rather brutish looking sailor, two bull headed men, and finally a shabby looking white haired man. It was that same man who had thrown the goblin earlier. Even at this distance Ley could tell he was a drunk. But obviously a drunk who could handle himself.

Just then the bar door opened once more and the same Neko from earlier entered. Ley noted that many of the men fought harder with women around. Such childish behavior made you question whether these men had any sense of dignity.

"Why don't you leave the young one, my friends and I will show you what a big man is," said a rather disreputable looking man. Ley realized the man had been talking to Karian and turned his attention back to their table. The man was very large, obviously a deck hand, with a profuse amount of hair showing through his open shirt. Two men of the same mold stood behind him, their eyes filled with confidence and lust. "What are you looking at, pretty boy?"

Mild irritation caused Ley to open his mouth to speak, but he quickly closed it, and continued to stare at the three. Karian would want to handle this herself, and Ley would only interfere if things became physical. "A coward, eh? Knights only have courage when they've got a few friends with them. Don't worry though, I'll take your girl and break her in for you."

The man smiled and reached across for Karian, his eyes glinting in anticipation. Ley was out of his chair in a flash, snatching up a large mug of smokey green alcohol, and smashing the glass into the bastard's temple. The man collapsed to the ground in a heap. His two friends were much quicker to act. A glint of metal caught Ley's attention, but he wasn't fast enough to stop the attack. One of the men slashed a small dagger across Ley's chest; the blow sliced the his tunic, but simply glanced off Ley's armor.

Grabbing the man's wrist Ley spin and threw him into his compatriot with enough force to send both men to the ground. "I think we should be leaving, Karian."

"It's not that easy boy."

It was the bartender speaking this time. A look of menace was on the big man's face as he drew a large club from under the bar. "We will pay for the damage we caused, sir. I am sorry, but I could not let them violate my friend. You'll surely forgive my trespass," Ley said, raising his hands in a harmless manner.

"No, it's not that simple. We're all friends here. A little brawl between friends is nothing," said the bartender with an audible snort. "You're both outsiders though, and we can't let you push friends around."

Ley opened his mouth to ask who we included, but the answer quickly became obvious as nearly the entire bar rose to its feet and turned their eyes on Ley and Karian. "Uh-oh..."

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
Walking to where he had placed his horse, Raz came upon a bar that seem to know for the fights it has rather than the drinks. He glanced and saw the whole bar about to take on a yound knight it appeared. He walked to the bar door and pushed it open. "Barkeep do you have any elven wines?" Raz stepped up beside a table close to the young knight. "Do YOU think I have time to deal with you!?" snapped the barkeep, "Beside this one we have to teach a lesson." He spoke the keep without taking his eyes off Ley. Raz notice alot of the people where ready to start the fight. The sound of a bottle breaking would trigger the pending fight, most likely Raz would be caught in it as well. Not knowing the cause of reason why everyone wishes to take care of this young kinght. Reaching into his inner coat; Raz pulled out a matching fabric, he tied the hair in his face back. Raz softly touched his quiver on his right side. The quiver was full of durable arrows made from wood of his village. The human man made bow was already in his hand he laid it down infront of him on the table. He looked from the bartender to the young knight. 'I sence that boy will be a great warrior one day.' Raz mouth open to ask questions but did not he decide to let the scene unfold before him and he would react accordingly.

Katana

I can only express puzzlement, which borders on al
Password: “Rats,” only 4-5 letters. *Sigh* I wanted to use ranunculaceous…

Name: Asrai De Dannan though nicknamed “Jynx”
Age: Approximately two hundred years in Faerie. She is very young to the practically immortal Sidhe and is in essence a teenager. She appears about 17 or so.
Race: Sidhe, a.k.a. Tylwyth Teg, Tuatha De Dannan, etc, etc...
Appearance: http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6391/asrai3he.jpg
Asrai has long pale blonde hair and violet eyes. She has a slender frame, typical of the sidhe, but due to some pixie ancestry, she is small in stature, unlike the normal tall and willowy Fae. The Sidhe have a unique presence and are a race of extreme beauty that may at times literally mesmerize. It affects the more mortal races more severely then others. Having been around Sidhe who are unaffected by this, Jynx is completely oblivious to the effect when she leaves Faerie.

Bio: In some of the most remote sections of Liandra, the Sidhe, the Faery Folk, dwell. They used to be the favored people of the goddess Liandra until some fight or another led to the division of Faerie. Separated into two courts, the Seelie and the Unseelie, they violently warred since the time of that division. In all of Lindrea, there were few animosities as fierce as those between the two Faerie courts. Though once a true immortal race, untouched by death, after repeated fighting with no consequences since no one ever died, the goddess grew angry and after particularly brutal battle, she punished them by making all injuries permanent and all deaths final. Unfortunately, the fighting never really stopped. War was widespread through all of Liandra and the Tylwyth Teg were embroiled in outside politics as well. Unseelie wights, not Sidhe, but under their control, were a scourge on the land. Both courts of the Sidhe were fearsome in battle. There was very little as frightening as being chased down by the Sluagh of the Unseelie Court, to finding oneself the prey of the Wild Hunt, and to cross the Seelies was just as bad. The war took a severe toll on both courts, the Seelie court had always been more inclined towards peace and by this time, recognizing that if they continued this path Liandra would be destroyed. Even the Unholy host did not want to see the world destroyed, so participated as well. The Seelie Queen, Finbheara, was one of the twelve to sing the final ballad to Liandra. Seelie and Unseelie alike were touched by the ballad and ashamed of their actions, both retreated to the faerie mounds and remained cut off from the rest of millenia (aside from the occasional mortal who wandered into a faerie ring) for the next few millenia. The courts remained separate and there was some interaction between them, but for the most part they were merely civil if not peaceful. To the rest of the world, the Sidhe were just a faded memory, fairy tails for children.

Centuries passed, before old animosities began to stir once more. The sidhe lived long and never forgot. They remained quiet during the time, in respect to the goddess, but strange things began to affect Faerie, causing trouble between the Unseelie and the Seelie. The Sidhe were not like mortals producing frequently, but the incidents of Sidhe having children grew increasingly rare, until hundreds of years had passed and yet no child was born. A strange sickness began to affect the Tylwyth Teg, even killing a few. This was unthinkeable. As hostilities turned into bloody battles once more between the Seelie and Unseelie courts, the sidhe and all manner unseelie and seelie wights began to leave the boundaries Faerie into the rest of Liandra. The Sidhe began to believe that somehow there was a lost Ballad, one which would cure the Sidhe. Both courts wanted it and would fight hard to get it.

The Unseelie Queen, Finbheara, died shortly after the first Ballad Light Festival, suceeded by Maeve, who came to be considered one of the greatest of the Unseelie rulers. She led them through a golden age, but as things fell apart in the rest of Liandra, Faerie was no different. No child had been born to the Sidhe in some time and Maeve knew that she was dying. In order to retain the throne, typically the king or queen must have a child as a successor. There was squabbling among the Seelie and very few with the capacity to rule, furthermore the sickness was affecting the older Sidhe and there was some panic that the race might be wiped out entirely. In an effort to preserve the Seelie court as well as the species as a whole, the seelie performed a song of power, utilizing the few remembered notes from the Ballad of Light, in order to try and enable children to be born to the Sidhe once more. The plan seemed to fail and the Sidhe were beginning to lose hope. Then ten years later coinciding with the festival, Maeve became pregnant. She was unfortunately the only one and a daughter, Asrai, was born to her nine months later.

Asrai had no friends growing up, the other Sidhe, even the ones still considered to be quite young, were all over a millenia older. Though Maeve’s daughter as the only child left, she was doted upon as she grew up and sheltered as much as she could be during the war that was quickly spiraling out of control. Asrai seemed to attract trouble, the unseelies considered her existence a deliberate flaunt, and worried that the Seelie court would prosper as they died out. She also wasn’t always the graceful Sidhe that they were all so used to and was even downright clumsy at times, having a knack for causing things to go wrong. She wasn’t yet three before she earned the nickname Jynx as a result, and has been called that ever since.

Jynx possessed the talent for songcraft and was schooled in magery through song. She had a beautiful voice said to rival even Finbheara’s. She learned about the other races and places of Liandra and has always been curious about them and not as disdainful as most of the sidhe view some of the mortal races.

Soon the fighting turned extremely brutal and the Unseelie attacked the seelie court directly, with frightening numbers that they had managed to conceal from the seelie. Meeting with her mother one final time, she was told to leave, to find that ballad that would save the sidhe. Escaping into the forests, her departure did not remain secret for long and Jynx found herself the prey in one of the Wild Hunts. She ran faster than she ever had in her life, she reached a river and probably would have been caught, if her own clumsiness hadn’t saved her. Tripping, she fell into the river and was quickly swept with the current away from the hunt. The unseelie want what Jynx is looking for and have sent out people of their own to search for the source of the trouble or a cure and to stop Jynx from doing the same.

Jynx knows that the seelie can hold there own against the seelie, it was far more important that she do what her mother requested and look for a way to help the sidhe race as a whole. Having never left her home before or encountered some of the races, aside from a dragon and an elf who on separate occasions visited the seelie court, almost everything is unfamilar. She’s been traveling, posing as a bard, looking for anything that might help and trying to blend in. Unfortunately, Jynx isn’t the type to blend in and she is completely clueless as to just how miserably she fails at this. Though she knows her “mission” is important, she loves the opportunity to travel to these places she’d only before read about.

Personality: Intelligent but naïve, curious and guileless. Unlike the sidhe which have lived since the time of the first Ballad of the Light Festival, who are utterly impossible to read, Jynx is young and wears her heart on her sleeve. Though kind-hearted, she is sometimes clumsy. It’s difficult to tell whether she is extremely lucky or extremely unlucky, at times her mere presence seems to cause trouble and other times it ends it.

Weapon/s of Choice: She does not like weapons, but is skilled in archery. Mostly she relies on her songcraft magic.

-----------------

Tying her pale blonde hair into a braid, Jynx surveyed the small room of the Broken Adder, an inn located at the Aquila wharf. Oblivious to the somewhat ominous name of the inn, Jynx had chosen it because she was considering booking passage to one of the nearby islands. She was somewhat dismayed at the rundown condition, but she supposed it would do for a night or two. Jynx did not have any really good clue as to where she should search. For now, she was just traveling wherever the wind took her, so to speak. Time passed much differently here than in Faerie. That was why in the past a mortal might wander into one of the Faerie rings which served as direct links to Faerie and stay there for a few hours only to come out again and find everyone around him long since dead. There were theories as to why this would be true in that part of Liandra, but nothing confirmed. It mattered little to the Sidhe. Jynx had never seen any of the mortal races such as humans until a month ago (standard Liandra time), when she had left her home to look for a cure for the Sidhe. It was kind of exciting, she hoped she hadn’t been staring too much when she’d hit the first town. Ironically, Jynx hadn’t even noticed the looks she was drawing. Now while she wasn’t exactly a seasoned pro in the way everything worked in the rest of Liandra, it was in fact nothing like her home, but she had her bearings now. She didn’t have many belongings, she did not take much with her when she left Faerie and had not acquired much when she left, merely essentials. There had been problems at first because of coin, she could create money, but it would fade. That was why she earned money as a bard now. The meager items she had, Jynx decided, she could leave in the room. Jynx would bring her bag because she planned on getting more supplies and also her lyre, not because she’d need it, but simply because she took it everywhere. Picking it up, she plucked one string once, frowning slightly because the note sounded off.

Humming softly to herself, in order to test the tune, she walked out of the room and shut the door firmly behind her before turning to head down the hall. She had only gotten a few steps when a shady looking character, appeared at the other end, his gaze immediately focusing on her. Jynx had an other-worldly air about her, that drew attention, but most likely that was not what caught the man’s eye. Instead it was likely her rather nice attire and the pendant around her neck. Jynx kept on walking, intent on the instrument in her hands. As Jynx passed the man, still not looking up from the lyre, he bumped into her, his hands skillfully lifting her purse. Jynx looked up, her gaze focusing on the man.

“I’m terribly sorry.”

Their gazes locked for a moment and the man froze then tripped over his own feet, hitting the ground with a thump. By this point Jynx’s focus was on her instrument once more as she continued on down the hall, not even noticing the man fell. When she reached the stairs though, she decided to check her purse to make sure she had enough money for a meal at the tavern next door. “Marlon’s Crest” it was called. Jynx frowned when she realized she didn’t have her money purse. She must have left it back in the room. Walking past the man again, she walked over to the door to pull it open, as the man moved towards her once more with a different purpose. Paying him no mind, she yanking the door open, unwittingly hitting him hard in the face. The man dropped the purse on the ground and curious as to what the thump was, Jynx closed the door to reveal the man on the floor with his hand over his eye and her purse lying on the floor.

“It’s my purse. You found it, I must have dropped it. Thanks!” Jynx said, reaching down to pick up the money purse. She didn’t bother to consider why he was on the ground, assuming it was because he was going to pick it up. The man grumbled, angry and about ready to attack her at this point, but when Jynx whirled back around, her back clipped him right in the side of the head and he decided to cut his losses and run as Jynx went down the hall to the stairs.

Managing to pass through the main floor of the inn without incident, Jynx left the building and went to the tavern next door, hearing the sounds of shouting as she pushed open the door. She wasn’t entirely positive if the fight had ended or was just about to begin, she was guessing on the latter though. Jynx took a step into the tavern, not yet decided on whether she should just leave before it got worse or try to help calm things down. As she moved forward, she stopped jerking suddenly when she realized that her cloak was stuck, giving it a yank, it pulled out abruptly, the momentum propelling her back a step just as a man stood up from his table to head towards the main bar where all the trouble seemed to be. Jynx smacked into him, not hard enough to knock him over, but hard enough so that the contents of the drink he was carrying flew into the face of another patron. The situation in the bar was already tense, all it took was something small to make them all snap. Temporarily blinded by the drink, the man reacted and threw a punch… in the wrong direction, hitting another man in the face. She seemed to have caused a chain reaction as people began to fight less discriminately and all hell broke loose.

Oh dear…

Last edited:

kingdomwolfblade

Karian sent a glare towards the man that was speaking to her.

"I think I can travel with who I want."

She showed a look of disgust at all three of them that stood infront of their table. Wrinkling her nose at the scent that wafted through the air from the bar she looked away from the group. When he began to reach for her she was up on her feet her hand reaching for her sword hilt but Ley was faster then she was and had knocked the three to the floor before she had a chance to get anything in on the fight. She looked towards the bartender as he grabbed the club and she made sure her hand was on her sword hilt once more.

"I think we should be leaving. Shouldn't have come here in the first place."

Yeah, the could just simply let it pass he hadn't killed the men, just knocked 'em out for a bit. Not for that long either. Now this was just going to end up in something that was against the code. Her eyes flashed in anger as she looked across the room as almost all of the bar stood up as one. Great, the whole bar against them, this wouldn't go over so well.

"Ley, if they attack, look for any quick exits that would help us out of this. I'll fend them off as long as possible for you to get out and we'll regroup somewhere later."

She took her hand off her sword hilt and readjusted her hair with a peice of twine holding it up in a ponytail to keep it out of her face and she stood still, she would just use a few pressure points here and there. No harm done with pressure points was there?

Solarized

A Legend Returned
In a place where your worst nightmares are real
Drake smiled as the events unfolded before him, interesting him, though not as much as the new pint of mead he had decided to sneakily pour himself while the bartenders back was closed. Infact he ahd simply watched on in curiosity since he threw the goblin into the mirror and the two strangers entered.

For some strange reason the locals didn't take kindly to them, maybe because they didn't seem like their type. When i say their type, i mean the type that goes to bars to drink. They appeared more stern, more law like, an appearence which angered many inside.

As he watched the whole bar turn on the two he realised that these two strangers seemed to want to fight themselves, a brave challenge indeed. However his mind focused on the women for a moment. She seemed strong, noble and couragous, yet beutiful and somewhat elegant aswell with her long flowing blonde hair. Smirking he walked over and decided to help, for a reason even he didn't really understand. Walking behind them he tapped the young boy on the shoulder pretty hard and smiled at the women,

"You know......th....thes......these guys are softer then a baby ork. Leave this to me."

With that he held out his hand and instantly a trail of fire shot out from his palm, causing the locals to take a step back, before laughing hysterically at the drunken sorcerer.

"Drake, what the hell are you doing you drunken fool. Get back to the bar and pull a rabbit out of your hat will ya."

With that Drake simply smirked and sat down, taking a pint off of the table and starting to drink it, before gesturing to his new "allies" to go ahead without him into the group of people.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Ley looked at the eyes of each man in the bar, they were out for blood it seemed. He couldn't just let Karian fight twenty some odd people by herself, without taking his eyes off the nearest man he turned to Karian, and opened his mouth to protest. "I'm not just leav-"

"You know......th....thes......these guys are softer then a baby ork. Leave this to me."

Eyes wide in surprise Ley stared at the drunken old man with a dumbfounded expression on his face. Things could only get worse with a crazy drunk on your side. The smell of alcohol hung so thickly around the old drunk that it gave the impression he would literally sweat mead from his pores. They'd have to get him out of the way before he made things worse. Ley reached out to pull the old man to safety just as a streak of fire erupted from his hand. Biting his lip in surprise Ley snapped his hand back, and the crowd erupted into a bout of laughter.

He's magic user? No, he's a drunk with a few tricks.

A shout from the bartender seemed to snap the man back into his senses, or whatever the equivalent was for him, and he promptly sat down forgetting about the whole event. Aquila wasn't a very welcoming place it seemed, and neither were its people. Karian would never let Ley live this down, he just knew it. A racket towards the bar entrance caught Ley's attention. A strange looking girl with dull blonde hair seemed to be caught in the middle of two men. Before anyone realized what was going on the bar was in uproar, and more than half the customers rushed at Ley and Karian. Spinning away from the table, Ley drew his sword and slashed it across a tall minotaur's forearm in one quick motion. The hulking creature roared in pain and clutched at the disabled limb.

"I don't think I'll be leaving, Karian. If you haven't noticed we're a little hemmed in here," he said, dodging a quart of mead someone had thrown. Two more men ran at Ley with small filleting knives. He quickly ducked under the first and drove a gauntleted fist into the second man's neck. "Karian this way, we'll head out through the kitchen."

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
Raz grabbed his bow and swung it at the mead bottle sending flying in a new direction. They seem to have had spotted an escape route. "Take the brown mare behind the bar." He ducked a slash from a knife of a person that the mead bottle had hit. He swiftly swung the bow upward. The man feel to the floor grasping his groins. "Why did i enter this place?" he said softly. He soon found his self laying flat on his back with a minatour hammer coming down swiftly. He had no time to aim he fired two arrows hoping one would hit. One found the mark in the rigt arm stoping the attack, while the second one flew in a unknown direction. An empty bottle was on an unovertruned table he picked it up and sent if flying at the barkeep. He stood up on the table and procced to head hop to a window that had been broken open. The minatours in the bar where the easiest to jump on for they where the tallest in the room. In a jump he felt a hand around his ankle. He swore in the elven tounge and was sent flying into the liquor cabinet. He got up slowly and leaned back on the cabinet he had flew into. 'Wha is this? he bent down and found a pouch full of gold. "I doubt this is his." He picked it up testing the wieght of it. "Hm." He soon became aware of the fight again when a man with an ax in his head came over the counter and landed next to him. Taking a few of the coins. He procced to sneak across behind the counter. He looked up to see Ley about to be attacked from behind. He fired a well aimed arrow into the person head. He then dodged into the kitchen.

kingdomwolfblade

Karian growled in anger as the drunkard stood infront of them and shot some fire from his hand before sitting back down to help himself to some more mead. She glared at Ley when he refused to leave to get himself out of trouble as soon as possible. Thats when the fight broke out again. Putting up her fists when a group of men ran at her she threw a punch at one who held his arm up. She aimed the punch right into his armpit knocking the breath out of him. Karian didn't stop to watch him fall to the floor gasping for breathe. The other man was still running at her and she grabbed the wrist that he held a small knife in. She quikly twisted it and spun throwing him over her shoulder at the same time slamming him into attacks from behind her. His wrist, was most likely broken by the twisting and the throwing, her thoughts were confirmed when she heard his screams of pain and saw his wrist disfigured.

"Shouldn't have dragged me here in the first place, now they've gotten me mad."

She spoke in a low grumbling voice her eyes flashing with anger and she threw another punch at a guys neck destroying his wind pipe with the force her fist had flew at. They did have to get out of here though. They were outnumbered and couldn't keep up the good luck for long. That would be impossible. She heard his suggestion to leave through the kitchen and began to move towards it when four or five men surrounded her at once. She growled in anger hearing their perverted remarks her fists clenching and uncleanching until one made a grab for her which she quickly responded to by grabbed her sword and cutting his hand off.

"Can't use that hand now can you?"

She sheathed the sword and lashed out with punching again before the circle was broken and she fought her way through the crowd again finally making it to the slight safety of the kitch. She was breathing a bit heavy never having been in a brawl like that in a while. It was a nuisence but it hadn't been her who started it, nor Ley. It was just those men who approached their table. Perverted bastards...she thought before she turned her head around to see if anyone had followed her. Of couse, this time it was a drunk who had been sitting at the far corner of the bar. She easily knocked him out by grabbing one of his pressure points and letting him fall to the floor hitting his head on the hard ground without her there to stop him.

call_me_canada

Kel became furious at some of the comments that were being sent over towards the man and woman. It was amazing how rude some people could be and so offensive to even the smallest things in life. Soon enough total chaos had once again filled the room as the fighting started up again. The two new comers already had a small group rushing towards them and a couple of men from the bar had decided to take a part in the action. Catching their movement out of the corner of her eye she gave a waved her hand in a quick movement.

The liquor that hung against the walls gave a slight shake as a majority of the bottles shattered and the alcohol fell to the floor. The water that had been present began to wind its way about the many particles before forming a giant mass of water that hung above the countertop. The men had turned around quickly at the sound of the glass breaking and a look of astonishment was soon present on their faces. A smirk spread across Kel’s face as her mind began to rearrange the particles of water to form a solid. Walking carefully towards the mass of ice she drove her sai sharply into its core, shattering it, as the pieces went flying towards the men.

Falling to the floor the men shouted in horror as they tried to pry some of the ice that had become lodged into their skin. They should feel lucky. None of these wounds will be fatal they are just feeling sorry for themselves. Their behavior makes this suiting for them. One of the main quickly returned to his feet and charged towards her. Throwing a punch towards her she moved out of the way of his fist with ease while taking a few steps forward in order to drive her elbow into his back.

The bar had become filled with shouts of rage and it seemed almost impossible for one to hear themselves think. Reaching a spot near the two she saw their movements were towards the kitchen. “Best be hurrying now. . .things may turn even nastier.” Kel gave a slight smile as her sai was returned to its positioned at her back and she knelt down to place her hand on the floor. In a quick movement she clenched her fist and brought it crashing down upon the planks of wood, looking up to see the foundation of the bar shatter through the wood. Rock hard pillars shot up from the floor catching many of the men from bellow and knocking them off their feet. “Now would be good! Let’s go!” Shouting over her should Kel had already began to make a break for the door.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
With the entire bar in motion Ley was having a hard time keeping up with everything. The pale blonde girl had disappeared into the mass of bodies, the elve was down somewhere, and he could have sworn that the neko girl from earlier was fighting at the bar. Karian was only a foot or so ahead of Ley, but he was starting to lose ground. The old drunk had seemed intent on getting in the way, now Ley was stuck dragging the old man with one arm and fighting with the other.

A sudden blow to his left arm and he nearly dropped his sword. There was no time to see who had attacked him he shoved the drunk behind to the ground and rolled to his right, just in time to avoid a blow from a powerfully built orc. Ley rolled onto his back and drove both his heels into the orc’s chest; the giant of an orc reeled back and fell on a nearby table. Anger seethed in his eyes and he charged at Ley knocking everyone and everything in his path aside. Ley rocked back, lifted his legs into his chest, and kicked up brining himself to his feet in one smooth motion. Catching the orc’s arm, he spun driving both hips into his attacker’s waist, and rolled the orc over his shoulder and into the nearest table full of drinks. Ley snatched the old drunk up, ignoring the pain shooting through his shoulder, and dragged him towards Karian.

“Best be hurrying now. . .things may turn even nastier.”

The neko girl smirked at Ley and knelt down. He turned and headed for the kitchen; a sudden rumble made Ley pause. Great pillars of earth erupted from the ground sending people flying all around. “Now would be good! Let’s go!”

Ley didn’t need to be told twice. Shouldering the surprisingly light drunk, he ran into the kitchen, and out the back entrance of the bar. Before anyone could follow Ley dropped the drunk, and started dragging a nearby loading cart in front of the door. “We’ve got to get out site. That door won’t hold them for long, and I think I hear more trouble coming.”

Ley didn’t know how right he was. Their little brawl hadn’t gone unnoticed; several of the Aquila sheriffs were pounding through the city streets on horse back at this very moment.

OOC; I apologize for power playing anyone. I wanted to get us all out so the main story could get a rollin.

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
Sinara had walked in on the fight at the tavern and used this as a perfect opportunity to empty as many wallets as possible. Old habits die hard, she smiled to herself crookeldy until she saw a group of people who where definatly more then a bunch of drunks up for leaving through the kitchen.
She followed them dodging the hands snaking towards her bodice or basically looking for somewhere to grope. Sinara felt a surge of anger and wanted to attack these disgusting people killing them all slowly and painfully but knew that there wasnt the time to waste and it would e messy, she couldnt kill of them with her poison it would run out and she would have to make some more out of the herbs growing in the wilderness. As she tried to go through the back door she noticed it was locked, so she guessed that the window would do just fine.
Running through the window she jumped through boots first and landed outside. She saw the sherifs moving towards the tavern and knowing how irrating law inforcers where she just followed the group of people hoping it had been a good choice to follow them.

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Kale was walking through an alley as a group of people bursted through the door in front of him. He quickly stepped back dodging the door. He overheard the young man saying that they needed to get out of there. Well he would have to fight then because, a group of drunks made thier way out of the bar. "It would probably be best if you guys ran now. Unless you can take them." he then pointed towards a group of sword weilding drunks. He then walked toward the street, which the drunks were infront of. "Alright let me through." The men looked at Kale as if he were crazy.

"Give us your money and we'll let you through." One of the men said.

"And if I don't?" Kale replied, looking the man dead in his eye.

"Then we'll have to take it." The man obviously didn't know who Kale was because he pulled out a knife and was now lunging at Kale. But the drunk mans effotr was for naught as Kale had already stepped to the side. Then grabbing his wrist he turned around and then flipped him over his shoulder, slamming him into the ground. "Who else wants some?" He said the the remaining men.

kingdomwolfblade

Luckily they had made it outside and Karian sighed with relief before she looked out of the alley hearing the horses hooves clashing with the ground and knew they had to run.

"We better hurry, we don't have much time. This way."

She turned the opposite direction she had looked and began to ran.

"Were going to need more then one horse. Seeing we don't have much time, might as well steal htem if we have to."

She got out of the alley a couple blocks down and pushed her way through the crowd. Hopefully the others could keep up. She was going at a pretty fast pace.

(blah. crappy post. feelin crappy lately to T-T))

Rikimaru

Website
jrb.clicdev.com
Raz mounted his horse after his escape. He gave it tow kicks to hit side. The horse burst foward with speed. He and the horsed raced to the edge of town. Raz felt he need to help the others escape also. Spotting a group of horses he grabbed the reins and speed back towards the people he would later call friends. In the distance of him in the crowd he saw shoving motions. Giving his horse a pop with the reins he pushed him on toward the group. He was apon Karian and Ley and the few that followed. The horsed was reined so hard he reared up and his feet kicked dangerously at Karians face. Soon after settling down Raz smiled. "May I offer some severice to you?" He tossed the reins to her. "The forest is the best place to lose them." He looked to the sky for a sign of a omen. Dark clouds had started to move in from the west on the eastern wind.. 'If caught in the rain, we could seek shelter at my "home".' He then truned his horse for the town gates. After giving the horse a few kicks he was off on his way.

*editted*

Last edited:

kingdomwolfblade

Karian easily dodged the horses flailing hooves as it reared from the sudden stop in the crowded streets.

"Thanks."

She grabbed the reins and swung herself up on the horses back without anytrouble except the horses figdeting from the sudden kidnapping. She kicked the horse into a gallop riding with one hand the other hand was on her swords hilt just incase. The forest it was then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back