• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Trophies and Achievements Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
trophies.jpg

So there are a number of us that always end up going off and discussing the all absorbing trophies and achievements that have become a staple of modern gaming. One trophy story or gripe can often lead to another, but for fear of going too off topic or making a game's thread all about its trophies, in the end we will start to shy away from it.

Well no more! Come here to brag, bitch, moan, and discuss all of your trophy and achievement endeavors! This is a place where you can feel safe and avoid the judging eyes of others who just don't understand the obsession that can be platting a game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Screw the FM gummi ship missions. The blueprints trophy is literally the only thing preventing me from getting my KH1 plat.

Currently working on Lego Batman 2 Vita. I already got the plat for the PS3 version (think that may have been my 1st even) but hey, Vita version was $5 so why not?

BTW, anyone else use Retro Achievements? Old school games+achievements=the sudden disappearance of your free time.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Screw the FM gummi ship missions. The blueprints trophy is literally the only thing preventing me from getting my KH1 plat.

Dude hahahahahah. I did literally EVERY gummi ship mission before throwing my controller on the wall out of anger.
Then I realized you also get the blueprints for finding all the dalmatians and returning to Pongo and Perdita, so go for it, bro! Don't be as stupid as I was xD

Thinking about it, that fail haunts me up to this day. Does anyone remember that sick gummi ship mission where you had to fly from Hollow Bastion to Traverse Town without shooting anything but there are like 984309 enemies and 945809438609 obstacles that are outstandingly difficult to fucking dodge? Because I do.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've platted KH1 and CoM, and let me tell you neither was particularly pleasant. KH1's biggest pain was indeed the gummi related trophies, while CoM's was honestly the sheer number of playthroughs required. Platting KH1 was a lot harder in my opinion, but CoM was SO much more tedious.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I've platted KH1 and CoM, and let me tell you neither was particularly pleasant. KH1's biggest pain was indeed the gummi related trophies, while CoM's was honestly the sheer number of playthroughs required. Platting KH1 was a lot harder in my opinion, but CoM was SO much more tedious.

I had more trouble with getting certain enemy cards in CoM because they just wouldn't drop them. >: I think I have yet to finde like three cards or so.

andreverts

Awards
The most frustrating was Re: CoM, so many nonsense playthrough, enemy cards and lvl 99 with both characters...a nightmare.

The first Kh wasn't so bad, I hadn't particular difficulties doing the gummiship missions, for me the multiple playthrough were the most annoying thing.

Luckily, SE realized how crazy is to have to beat the game on each difficulty even you first do the highest one and removed that from 2.5!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The most frustrating was Re: CoM, so many nonsense playthrough, enemy cards and lvl 99 with both characters...a nightmare.

The first Kh wasn't so bad, I hadn't particular difficulties doing the gummiship missions, for me the multiple playthrough were the most annoying thing.

Luckily, SE realized how crazy is to have to beat the game on each difficulty even you first do the highest one and removed that from 2.5!

I was fine with the playthroughs. I'm just glad they removed the "get to lvl 99" trophy from BBS...

andreverts

Awards
Don't make me even think at that! BbS is just after Re:CoM as difficulty, getting the reports fully complete with each character was enough!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Then I realized you also get the blueprints for finding all the dalmatians and returning to Pongo and Perdita, so go for it, bro! Don't be as stupid as I was xD

Er what? Really? That doesn't sound right...

I can't even check this right now because I'm in the midst of moving & the PS3 has been boxed up.

Don't make me even think at that! BbS is just after Re:CoM as difficulty, getting the reports fully complete with each character was enough!
Ice Cream Beat alone completely rules out the possibility of a BBS plat for me. Took an hour just to beat the story one.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
3a02ef4a331f3ec29426ddc8987fe416.png

I think you still have to dome some gummi missions, but at least not all of them.

andreverts

Awards
Ice Cream Beat alone completely rules out the possibility of a BBS plat for me. Took an hour just to beat the story one.

Ice Cream Beat is probably the worst minigame, the Maestro trophy requires to do Fantastic in all sogns and this is veeery challenging!
You really need to practice a lot or be already good in rhythm games, that's pretty much all you can do.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh god...I kinda suppressed the whole memory of FUN IN ICE CONES (lit. translation of the german name WHICH DOESN'T MAKE SENSE SINCE IT'S NO FUN AT ALL) because it sucked so damn much. I think I spent like 5 hours on that. >:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I've only got one platinum so far, for KHFM. The Gummi ship missions were alright for the most part, but that Atlantica one where you had to shoot tons of stuff and not collect a single item was pain. Took me two days to beat it. Also the unchanging armor run, which I decided to do on normal. It wasn't all that difficult, but the bosses took forever to kill because Sora did like no damage at all.

Working on 2FM right now, hopefully I'll be able to get that and BBS done before KH3 comes out. DDD I'll consider once I see what the requirements for the 2.8 version are. I don't hate myself enough to max out all the spirits and beat every single battle portal. Hopefully critical will be available right from the start too, and everything could be done in one playthrough.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I've only got one platinum so far, for KHFM. The Gummi ship missions were alright for the most part, but that Atlantica one where you had to shoot tons of stuff and not collect a single item was pain. Took me two days to beat it. Also the unchanging armor run, which I decided to do on normal. It wasn't all that difficult, but the bosses took forever to kill because Sora did like no damage at all.

Working on 2FM right now, hopefully I'll be able to get that and BBS done before KH3 comes out. DDD I'll consider once I see what the requirements for the 2.8 version are. I don't hate myself enough to max out all the spirits and beat every single battle portal. Hopefully critical will be available right from the start too, and everything could be done in one playthrough.

I'm a little afraid when it comes to the affinities. I hope they either changed the way they work or don't make any trophy about it.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Gonna respond to this here since they're completely unrelated to RE.

Gotcha. Oh yeah?? I've been looking into that and thinking about getting it. I know you need two playthroughs for it, but that's not an issue. I feel like after Nier and XIII, grinding in any other game is nothing, though maybe Ni no Kuni might get rough once I get back to that, I've heard.

Nah, the two playthroughs aren't the problem since you have to do it on NG+ which means you keep your levels and can breeze through it. The grind that burned me out in RoF is the arena. You have to do every rank 10 times to get a gold star next to it, and there's 50 ranks so it's a total of 500 fights. Even spreading them out like I did throughout the story (since they're not all available from the start) can get a bit rough.

I haven't done FFXIII, but farming for items in Nier is totally different because all you can do is pray to the RNG gods that you get the drop you want. I almost want to say that it takes longer to finish RoF since it's the more difficult game.

I have heard that one being tricky actually, and I can't remember if it needed to be done in a single playthrough or not.

It doesn't, just has to be the same file. All your flashbacks are saved so if you missed one, all you have to get now is the last one you're missing to get the trophy.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Years back I used to be a huge trophy collector and it was a big part of my gaming life. I especially remember how I got the plat from Vanquish and the struggles with challenge 6. Vanquish is a Platinium Games fast paced fun action game, but dam was it hard. When I was near at the end of beating challenge 6(the hardest thing to do in the game) I felt like my heart was going to explode. Here is a clip of to see how hectic things can get:
[video=youtube;Jm_sgWKM4Y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm_sgWKM4Y4[/video]

You have to fight bosses and normal enemies at the same time. But dam, I loved this game. I wish we would get a sequel one day.

While collecting trophies was a bit of pain when playing harder games, I had fun at times. I remember how me and my two friends were collecting trophies from CoD: World at War and playing the game on Veteran. WoW`s Veteran and the Heart of Reich level are infamous from their difficulty. We raged, laughed and had fun seeing each other fail and getting angry, and joy was felt when a hard level was passed. We also did this really late which did not really help the case, but it was fun.

Then one day as I was doing some trophy, I don´t remember what it was anymore, but I felt that it was not fun anymore. So I now only occasionally collect trophies from games.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I FINALLY achieved the Birth by Sleep Platinum Trophy. ;_; It was so much pain, so time-consuming, and I'm so glad it's over. xD

Back